[gen] source

James Ponder james at squish.net
Mon Nov 5 22:10:45 GMT 2001

Ok, I'm now getting really bored of seeing messages about source code
licenses, if I see another message about it on forums or in my mailbox
I'm going to cry.  Rather than actually coding anything to Generator I've
had to sit here replying to emails.  Please could all porters please read
and abide by this bit of the GPL:

  3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it,
under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of
Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:

    a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable
    source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections
    1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,

    b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
    years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your
    cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete
    machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
    distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium
    customarily used for software interchange; or,

If you you do not want to abide by the Generator license then discuss it
with me, don't ignore the issue.  Open source is about evolving software -
by releasing the source you are allowing Generator to progress.  People
can learn from what you've done, help fix bugs and improve the software
more quickly.  I really can't see any reason why anyone would be against
these goals.

Best wishes, James
--
James Ponder; www.squish.net; London, UK