[gen] Sound overflow

Richard Bannister richard at bannister.org
Tue Nov 6 19:52:40 GMT 2001

Folks,

This beep is occuring when the abs() of either sound channel exceeds 0x7FFF.

Regards,
Richard

            Richard Bannister - http://www.bannister.org/
                  Noli umquam docere porcum cantare;
                  perdes tempus et irritabis porcum.

----------
From: "Dean Siren" <das at iu.netDate: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:14:52 -0500
To: Richard Bannister <richard at bannister.orgSubject: Weirdest bug ever!

I'm using Generator 0.34 in MacOS 8.6 and every time I play Sonic 3 &
Knuckles
and hit a bouncy ball (the star-covered ones ones that make a middle-G sound
when you hit them) it makes MacOS play the alert sound several times!  It's
most
likely to happen when I hit the ball several times in a row, and it happens
either in full screen or windowed mode.  I think it's neat!  How did it
happen?