[gen] source

James Ponder james at squish.net
Tue Nov 6 23:12:30 GMT 2001

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 04:04:00PM +0100, Richard Bannister wrote:
> I don't believe that to be the case. If you make a derivative of MAME then
> you must be fully open source, but if you're borrowing bits it's at the
> discretion of the individual authors. That was my take on it anyway...

I have reviewed the MAME license.  Both the FM and PSG parts of Generator
do not have individual licenses and therefore this clause:

|| Use in non-commercial products is allowed, and indeed encouraged. If
|| you use portions of the MAME source code in your program, however,
|| you must make the full source code freely available as well.

Means that all Generator ports have to comply with this if they use these
parts.

Are there alternative FM and PSG implementations?  Whatever we agree here,
the MAME license will still apply.

Best wishes, James
--
James Ponder; www.squish.net; London, UK