[gen] ui-console...

James Ponder james at squish.net
Sat Sep 22 00:51:57 BST 2001

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 02:16:19PM +0100, Mathias Roslund wrote:
> Any chance the command line parsing could be move to the platform specific
> code? The reason is that the Amiga has a standard way of handling this,
> when I basically give the OS a template of options and an array which it'll
> fill with pointers to the results, like a value or string.
>
> This would allow me to use the same options (with just few extras) in the
> console as for the AmigaOS specific port. This would simplify a lot for the
> users...

Well, we could have an opts-xxx.c which has a opts_init(argc, argv),
an opts_save() and an opts_get(char *), and I can then change all the
xx_init functions in all the files to initialise themselves based on
a call to opts_get()?  The opts-xxx.c would then be written to store
arbitrary strings.

I'm thinking that my new X version that I'm writing could do with a
unix .rc file for storing the configuration and in that situation I
would only use argc/argv to point to a config file.

Thoughts?

Best wishes, James
--
James Ponder; www.squish.net; London, UK