[odc] Daily src changes for 2002-10-03

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Oct 4 08:00:15 BST 2002

distrib/miniroot                        distrib/notes
sys/compat/common                       sys/dev/pci

== distrib =========================================================== 01/02 ==

miniroot

  ~ upgrade.sh                            ~ install.sub
  ~ install.sh

  > Divorce system hostname handling from network configuration.
  > Every system has a name, and thus generated keys with that
  > name, even if there is no currently configured network.
  > So, ask for a system hostname before configuring the network.
  > Eliminate /tmp/myname and just keep hostname set to the lastest name
  > and FQDN.
  > Construct /etc/myname from hostname as configuration data is being
  > saved. Construct /etc/hosts (preserving the informative leading comment
  > from the /etc/hosts file in etcXX.tgx) at the same time.
  > Construct an appropriate /etc/hosts file even if the network is not
  > configured.
  > During upgrade, if the user enables the network using the existing
  > configuration, don't ask about the domain name - just use the
  > configured one.
  > Take care to handle existing /etc/myname files which do not necessarily
  > have a FQDN.
  > Originally problem with hostname handling pointed out by beck at .  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

notes

  ~ sparc64/xfer                          ~ sparc64/whatis
  ~ sparc64/upgrade                       ~ sparc64/install
  ~ sparc64/hardware                      ~ sparc64/contents

  > Document upgrades on sparc64 again, and tweak a few things. (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 02/02 ==

compat/common

  ~ vfs_syscalls_43.c                     ~ kern_resource_43.c

  > Check for negative values here too. "makes sense" mickey@, ok deraadt@
  > (nordin@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_tireg.h                            ~ if_ti.c
  ~ if_gxvar.h                            ~ if_gxreg.h
  ~ if_gx.c

  > Use our defn of pci command registers, not freebsd's (jason@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > bcm5702/bcm5703 (jason@)

  ~ pcidevs_data.h                        ~ pcidevs.h

  > sync (jason@)

  ~ ami_pci.c