[odc] Daily src changes for 2002-10-30

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Oct 31 07:00:31 GMT 2002

distrib/mac68k                          distrib/notes
distrib/sets                            etc/etc.mac68k/Makefile.inc
gnu/usr.bin/perl                        include/unistd.h
lib/libc                                lib/libc_r
sbin/pfctl                              sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/compat/common                       sys/compat/freebsd
sys/compat/hpux                         sys/compat/linux
sys/dev/ic                              sys/kern
sys/sys                                 usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

mac68k

  ~ ramdisk/install.md

  > Change kernel set to shorter names on mac68k; supposed to make krw's
  > next changes easier. (miod@)

notes

  ~ mac68k/upgrade                        ~ mac68k/install
  ~ mac68k/contents

  > Change kernel set to shorter names on mac68k; supposed to make krw's
  > next changes easier. (miod@)

sets

  ~ lists/man/mi                          ~ lists/comp/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/base/md.vax
  ~ lists/base/md.sun3                    ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.hp300                   ~ lists/base/md.amiga
  ~ lists/base/md.alpha

  > sets sync for perl, ok pvalchev@ (drahn@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/08 ==

etc.mac68k/Makefile.inc

  ~ etc.mac68k/Makefile.inc

  > Change kernel set to shorter names on mac68k; supposed to make krw's
  > next changes easier. (miod@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/08 ==

usr.bin/perl

  ~ hints/openbsd.sh

  > No longer need to override Configure results for setr[ug]id() and
  > setre[ug]id(). (millert@)

== include =========================================================== 04/08 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

unistd.h

  ~ unistd.h

  > Add [gs]etres[ug]id(2) syscall to libc and use it in emulating some 4.3BSD
  > functions. (millert@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/08 ==

  ~ gen/auth_subr.c

  > Revert this va_copy addition, it cannot work on macppc (which is the
  > only arch where va_copy is currently required), current version of
  > va_copy uses alloca, but since the results of the va_copy are not used
  > here, only after return, stack trashing will occur.
  > This will have to be revised again for gcc 3.2 support on powerpc. (drahn@)

  + sys/setresuid.2                       ~ compat-43/setruid.c
  ~ compat-43/setrgid.c                   ~ compat-43/setreuid.c
  ~ compat-43/setregid.c                  ~ compat-43/Makefile.inc
  ~ sys/Makefile.inc

  > Add [gs]etres[ug]id(2) syscall to libc and use it in emulating some 4.3BSD
  > functions. (millert@)

  ~ shlib_version

  > Minor bump for [gs]etres[ug]id(2) (millert@)

  ~ compat-43/setruid.3                   ~ compat-43/setreuid.3
  ~ compat-43/setregid.3

  > o .Xr setres[ug]id
  > o Update HISTORY section (millert@)

  - compat-43/__setreuid.c                - compat-43/__setregid.c

  > No longer used (millert@)

libc_r

  ~ uthread/uthread_sigwait.c             ~ uthread/uthread_signal.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_sigaction.c           ~ uthread/uthread_sig.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_mutex.c               ~ uthread/uthread_kill.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_kern.c                ~ uthread/uthread_init.c
  ~ uthread/uthread_exit.c                ~ uthread/uthread_accept.c
  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h

  > signal handling changes.   This corrects several signal
  > handling errors in the threads library.   Most of the libc_r regression
  > tests are now ok.	thread specific kill semantics are still not correct.
  > No negative comments after posting to tech@ a week or so ago.
  > siginfo test fails on sparc64 due to sparc64 oddity. (marc@)

  ~ uthread/uthread_init.c                ~ uthread/uthread_fd.c
  ~ uthread/pthread_private.h

  > removes duplicate functions and factor out common code so the needed (but
  > missing) _thread_fd_unlock_owned function can be added with minimal pain.
  > The incorrect special handling of the stdio fds was also removed.
  > Tested with the libc_r regression tests and the mysql regression tests.
  > No complaints from any developers (marc@)

  ~ shlib_version

  > Minor bump for [gs]etres[ug]id(2) (millert@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/08 ==

pfctl

  ~ parse.y

  > simplify (henning@)

  ~ parse.y

  > fix interface expansion. since the reversed list expansion code was
  > committed this was broken, only the first IP address was returned.
  > pointed out by danh@, who sent an excellent bug report.
  > ok dhartmei@ (henning@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/08 ==

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ pmap.c

  > as found on a 256m machine of millert@'s allocate pdes for the whole kernel
  > virtual and do not bother (just four anyway); as a side work do not adjust
  > addr,size since there is no need (mickey@)

compat/common

  ~ kern_prot_43.c

  > Implement osetre[ug]id() in terms of setres[ug]id(). (millert@)

compat/freebsd

  ~ syscalls.master

  > Now that we have [gs]etres[ug]id() as a native system call, use it
  > for HP-UX, FreeBSD, and Linux emulations.  Note that Linux has two
  > versions of these system calls.  One for 16bit uids and another for
  > 32bit uids. (millert@)

  ~ freebsd_sysent.c                      ~ freebsd_syscalls.c
  ~ freebsd_syscallargs.h                 ~ freebsd_syscall.h

  > regen (millert@)

compat/hpux

  ~ syscalls.master                       ~ hpux_compat.c

  > Now that we have [gs]etres[ug]id() as a native system call, use it
  > for HP-UX, FreeBSD, and Linux emulations.  Note that Linux has two
  > versions of these system calls.  One for 16bit uids and another for
  > 32bit uids. (millert@)

  ~ hpux_sysent.c                         ~ hpux_syscalls.c
  ~ hpux_syscallargs.h                    ~ hpux_syscall.h

  > regen (millert@)

compat/linux

  ~ syscalls.master                       ~ linux_misc.c
  ~ linux_dummy.c

  > Now that we have [gs]etres[ug]id() as a native system call, use it
  > for HP-UX, FreeBSD, and Linux emulations.  Note that Linux has two
  > versions of these system calls.  One for 16bit uids and another for
  > 32bit uids. (millert@)

  ~ linux_sysent.c                        ~ linux_syscalls.c
  ~ linux_syscallargs.h                   ~ linux_syscall.h

  > regen (millert@)

dev/ic

  ~ i82596.c

  > bring on a few changes from netbsd, such as better rx mbuf calculation, ram
  > probe fix in byte vs word, M_IFMADDR vs M_IPMADDR. some knf (mickey@)

kern

  ~ syscalls.master                       ~ kern_prot.c

  > Implement setresuid(2), getresuid(2), setresgid(2), getresgid(2), based
  > partly on the Linux emul code and FreeBSD versions.
  > We need these for Linux, FreeBSD, and HP-UX emulation.
  > Also change sys_setreuid() and sys_setregid() to use uid_t and gid_t
  > respectively. (millert@)

  ~ init_sysent.c                         ~ syscalls.c

  > regen due to addition of [gs]etres[ug]id(2) (millert@)

sys

  ~ syscallargs.h                         ~ syscall.h

  > regen due to addition of [gs]etres[ug]id(2) (millert@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-gre.c