[odc] Daily src changes for 2002-08-31

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Sep 1 08:00:32 BST 2002

bin/ed                                  distrib/notes
distrib/sets                            etc/Makefile
lib/libssl                              libexec/ld.so
regress/sys                             share/man
sys/arch/sparc/conf                     sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/sbus
usr.sbin/traceroute

== bin =============================================================== 01/09 ==

ed

  ~ ed.1

  > Unbreak. We have situations where last space in the line is required.
  > From dfa at openbsd.rupech@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/09 ==

  ~ sparc/hardware

  > Driver for the Vigra VS10 and VS12 SBus framebuffers, and possibly more
  > from
  > this series.
  > Thanks to Andrey Smagin (andrey at smagin dot com) for providing a VS10
  > card. (miod@)

sets

  ~ lists/etc/md.sparc

  > Install /etc/wsconsctl.conf on sparc. (miod@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/09 ==

Makefile

  ~ Makefile

  > Install /etc/wsconsctl.conf on sparc. (miod@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/09 ==

libssl

  ~ ssl/Makefile

  > don't install private headers
  > remove trailing whitespace (markus@)

  ~ crypto/Makefile

  > don't install e_os.h (it's private)
  > remove duplicate headers, trailing whitespace (markus@)

  ~ crypto/Makefile

  > ssl headers are already installed for libssl (markus@)

== libexec =========================================================== 05/09 ==

ld.so

  ~ dlfcn.c                               ~ dl_printf.c

  > Add the ability to output to file descriptors besides stderr.
  > This allows ldd outptut go to stdout like it should. ok deraadt@ (drahn@)

  ~ util.h

  > argh, include prototype for dl_fdprintf(), missed by myself and reviewers.
  > (drahn@)

== regress =========================================================== 06/09 ==

  + kern/nxheap/Makefile                  + kern/nxheap/nxheap.c
  ~ kern/Makefile

  > a simple nxheap test hacked out of nxstack and nxheap-mprotect; tested on
  > i386 and hppa (mickey@)

  + kern/noexec/Makefile                  + kern/noexec/noexec.c
  ~ kern/Makefile                         - kern/nxbss/Makefile
  - kern/nxbss/nxbss.c                    - kern/nxheap/Makefile
  - kern/nxheap/nxheap.c                  - kern/nxheap-mprotect/Makefile
  - kern/nxheap-mprotect/nxheap-mprotect.c
  - kern/nxstack/Makefile                 - kern/nxstack/nxstack.c
  - kern/nxstack-mprotect/Makefile
  - kern/nxstack-mprotect/nxstack-mprotect.c

  > a combined non-exec test set.
  > allows reusing same testing code for:
  > - text & mprotect (not finished, not enabled);
  > - data, data & mprotect;
  > - bss, bss & mprotect;
  > - heap, heap & mprotect;
  > - stack, stack & mprotect.
  > also a test for mmaping pages in those areas
  > and see how it allows execution (suggested by art@),
  > not enabled yet.
  > all tested on i386 and hppa. (mickey@)

== share ============================================================= 07/09 ==

  + man4/man4.sparc/vigra.4               ~ man4/man4.sparc/bwtwo.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/cgeight.4             ~ man4/man4.sparc/cgfour.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/cgfourteen.4          ~ man4/man4.sparc/cgsix.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/cgthree.4             ~ man4/man4.sparc/cgtwelve.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/cgtwo.4               ~ man4/man4.sparc/intro.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/pnozz.4               ~ man4/man4.sparc/tcx.4

  > Driver for the Vigra VS10 and VS12 SBus framebuffers, and possibly more
  > from
  > this series.
  > Thanks to Andrey Smagin (andrey at smagin dot com) for providing a VS10
  > card. (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/09 ==

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ SUN4C                                 ~ SUN4M
  ~ files.sparc

  > Driver for the Vigra VS10 and VS12 SBus framebuffers, and possibly more
  > from
  > this series.
  > Thanks to Andrey Smagin (andrey at smagin dot com) for providing a VS10
  > card. (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  + vigra.c

  > Driver for the Vigra VS10 and VS12 SBus framebuffers, and possibly more
  > from
  > this series.
  > Thanks to Andrey Smagin (andrey at smagin dot com) for providing a VS10
  > card. (miod@)

  > regen, bad gluk@ (mickey@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > a strange aironet and a couple of ti bridges (mickey@)

dev/sbus

  ~ cgsix.c                               ~ cgthree.c

  > Always setup the RAMDAC (even if we're not the console) so when the display
  > is cleared, it's cleared to a known color (white instead of whatever is put
  > in the ramdac by the prom, usually cyan). (jason@)

traceroute

  ~ traceroute.c