[odc] Daily src changes for 2002-09-23

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Sep 24 08:00:18 BST 2002

bin/systrace                            distrib/i386
distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
etc/etc.alpha/fbtab                     etc/etc.i386/fbtab
etc/etc.macppc/fbtab                    etc/etc.sparc/fbtab
etc/etc.sparc64/fbtab                   etc/root/root.mail
gnu/egcs                                gnu/usr.bin/binutils
kerberosV                               lib/libssl
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/conf
sys/arch/hppa/hppa                      sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/pci                       sys/arch/macppc/macppc
sys/arch/macppc/pci                     sys/arch/sparc/conf
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/conf                                sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/wscons
sys/kern                                sys/netinet6
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/fgen
usr.bin/last                            usr.bin/lndir
usr.bin/netstat                         usr.bin/ssh
usr.bin/strings                         usr.sbin/mtree
usr.sbin/spppcontrol                    usr.sbin/tcpdump

== bin =============================================================== 01/10 ==

systrace

  ~ systrace.h                            ~ systrace.c
  ~ policy.c                              ~ filter.c

  > support for templates.  they allow fast generation of new policies. an
  > appropriate template can be inserted during initial policy generation.
  > from provos (itojun@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/10 ==

i386

  ~ common/Makefile.inc

  > remove generated crunch conf; ok deraadt@ (markus@)

notes

  ~ vax/hardware

  > Add 4000 700A and the couple tested QBUS/MSCP cards. (hugh@)

  ~ vax/install

  > MSCP based local storage now supported. Also reword some stuff. (hugh@)

sets

  ~ lists/man/mi                          ~ lists/base/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/10 ==

etc.alpha/fbtab

  ~ etc.alpha/fbtab

  > Add /dev/X0 entry for use by xdm; matthieu@
  > As requested by deraadt@ (millert@)

etc.i386/fbtab

  ~ etc.i386/fbtab

  > Add /dev/X0 entry for use by xdm; matthieu@
  > As requested by deraadt@ (millert@)

etc.macppc/fbtab

  ~ etc.macppc/fbtab

  > Add /dev/X0 entry for use by xdm; matthieu@
  > As requested by deraadt@ (millert@)

etc.sparc/fbtab

  ~ etc.sparc/fbtab

  > Add /dev/X0 entry for use by xdm; matthieu@
  > As requested by deraadt@ (millert@)

etc.sparc64/fbtab

  ~ etc.sparc64/fbtab

  > Add /dev/X0 entry for use by xdm; matthieu@
  > As requested by deraadt@ (millert@)

root/root.mail

  ~ root/root.mail

  > openssh will be 3.5, right? (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/10 ==

egcs

  ~ gcc/config/exec-stack.h

  > Undefine TRANSFER_FROM_TRAMPOLINE, in case it has been defined earlier.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ gcc/config.gcc

  > Activate exec-stack.h on m68k. This is not really necessary on this arch,
  > but being consistent with the other arches is a plus, and by replacing
  > the existing - and bogus - m68k trampoline code, this makes nested
  > functions
  > usable on m68k, should that become ever necessary. (miod@)

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ ld/emulparams/elf32_sparc.sh

  > In an ELF binary the end of the text segment and the start of the data
  > segment can share the same page in the file. Since we can't mmap it with
  > the same permissions, the data segment is loaded offset by a constant so
  > that it ends up in a different page.
  > On sparc that's not really enough. To avoid cache aliases we have to make
  > the offset big enough to make sure that we don't get incoherent aliases
  > that would have to be mapped uncached. This offset has been 64k this
  > far and noone noticed until some change actually made us fault in those
  > pages at the same time and incoherent aliases reduced make build time on
  > some hypersparcs (only hypersparcs have big enough caches to notice this)
  > from 14 hours to 23 hours.
  > Bump that offset (MAXPAGESIZE) to 1MB.
  > deraadt@ ok (art@)

== kerberosV ========================================================= 05/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/kerberosV

kerberosV

  ~ usr.bin/Makefile                      ~ libexec/Makefile

  > Do not build kf and kfd because of security issues in them and heimdal 0.5
  > will not be merged in 3.2.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

== lib =============================================================== 06/10 ==

libssl

  ~ src/ssl/s3_clnt.c

  > pull in fix from openssl-0.9.7-stable-SNAP-20020921:
  > *) Don't impose a 16-byte length minimum on session IDs in ssl/s3_clnt.c
  > (the SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 specifications allow any length up to 32 bytes).
  > [Bodo Moeller] (markus@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  + man8/man8.macppc/boot_macppc.8        ~ man8/man8.macppc/Makefile

  > First cut at boot manpage for macppc, based on sparc64 adjusted somewhat.
  > (drahn@)

  ~ man8/man8.macppc/boot_macppc.8

  > ``partition'' is definitely too hard to spell correctly. (miod@)

  ~ man5/fstab.5

  > <deraadt> someone please fix the fstab(5) example (beck@)

  ~ man5/fstab.5

  > never send a beck to do a man's job (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ RAMDISKBIG                            ~ GENERIC

  > turn off sppp, lmc, and cz until various licenses on those components are
  > resolved.  sorry -- i've been warning people for some time that i would
  > start to take this stance. (deraadt@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ autoconf.c                            ~ intr.c
  ~ trap.c

  > make the leds blink (on those machines where we have 'em).
  > simple logic is to light up the led in the intrhook and dim in the
  > heartbeat always, makes a believable impression.
  > upper four bits represent a cpu usage w/in the last Hz/8
  > made up from the cp_time[] times. (mickey@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > parisc level 0x10 is just an overclocked 0xe (mickey@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ DISKLESS

  > turn off sppp, lmc, and cz until various licenses on those components are
  > resolved.  sorry -- i've been warning people for some time that i would
  > start to take this stance. (deraadt@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pchb.c

  > For serverworks chipsets: instead of trying to prevent attaching the same
  > bus
  > multiple times by restricting matches based on device id and revision, keep
  > track of the bus numbers that were attached, and don't reattach them a
  > second time.
  > ok deraadt (nate@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ machdep.c

  > panic if out of kvm when mapping devices. ok deraadt@ (drahn@)

arch/macppc/pci

  ~ pci_addr_fixup.c

  > Print pci_addr_fixup info when debugging is enabled, not disabled, ok
  > deraadt@ (drahn@)

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ Makefile.sparc

  > Link the kernel so that it gets only one load section. (art@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ vigra.c                               ~ tcx.c
  ~ p9100.c                               ~ cgtwo.c
  ~ cgtwelve.c                            ~ cgthree.c
  ~ cgsix.c                               ~ cgfourteen.c
  ~ cgfour.c                              ~ cgeight.c
  ~ bwtwo.c

  > Get the wsdisplay capabilities from rasops, rather than attempting to
  > guess them at compile-time. Plus this makes cgtwelve a bit more clean.
  > ok fgs@ deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ zs.c                                  ~ sab.c

  > Fix console determination; based on discussion in port-sparc64 at netbsd  > (jason@)

conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > turn off sppp, lmc, and cz until various licenses on those components are
  > resolved.  sorry -- i've been warning people for some time that i would
  > start to take this stance. (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ i82596var.h                           ~ i82596.c

  > make the leds blink (on those machines where we have 'em).
  > simple logic is to light up the led in the intrhook and dim in the
  > heartbeat always, makes a believable impression.
  > upper four bits represent a cpu usage w/in the last Hz/8
  > made up from the cp_time[] times. (mickey@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_bge.c

  > Don't print extra junk to the console (nate@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > another amd usb; henric at attbi.comeraadt@)

  ~ pcidevs_data.h                        ~ pcidevs.h

  > sync (deraadt@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wsemul_sun.c

  > Fix the extra cursor image remaining in the upper left corner of the
  > screen after it has been cleared.
  > ok fgs@ deraadt@ (miod@)

kern

  ~ kern_exec.c                           ~ exec_elf.c

  > Add support for vmcmds that load sections relative to a base section.
  > You mark one section with VMCMD_BASE and the rest are marked RELATIVE.
  > Use that to load ELF interpreter correctly in all cases.
  > Inspired by NetBSD. Great debugging help from drahn@
  > deraadt@ ok (art@)

netinet6

  ~ pim6_var.h

  > m6stat is a static variable (ip6_mroute.c).  sync w/kame (itojun@)

  ~ ip6_output.c

  > correct length of PADN option before jumbo payload option.	sync w/kame
  > deraadt ok (itojun@)

  ~ nd6.c                                 ~ in6.c

  > better "ifconfig ipv6addr deprecated" flag handling.  sync w/kame (itojun@)

sys

  ~ exec.h

  > Add support for vmcmds that load sections relative to a base section.
  > You mark one section with VMCMD_BASE and the rest are marked RELATIVE.
  > Use that to load ELF interpreter correctly in all cases.
  > Inspired by NetBSD. Great debugging help from drahn@
  > deraadt@ ok (art@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

fgen

  ~ fgen.l

  > Add missing includes, breaks and semicolons to appease gcc3; David Krause
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

last

  ~ last.c

  > Add missing includes, breaks and semicolons to appease gcc3; David Krause
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

lndir

  ~ lndir.c

  > Add missing includes, breaks and semicolons to appease gcc3; David Krause
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

netstat

  ~ route.c

  > correctly dump radix_node; henric at attbi.comeraadt@)

ssh

  ~ canohost.c

  > change get_peer_ipaddr() and get_local_ipaddr() to not return NULL for
  > non-sockets; fixes a problem passing NULL to snprintf(). ok markus@
  > (stevesk@)

  ~ monitor.c

  > only call auth_krb5 if kerberos is enabled; ok deraadt@ (markus@)

strings

  ~ strings.c

  > Add missing includes, breaks and semicolons to appease gcc3; David Krause
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 10/10 ==

mtree

  ~ compare.c

  > Add missing includes, breaks and semicolons to appease gcc3; David Krause
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

spppcontrol

  ~ spppcontrol.c

  > Add missing includes, breaks and semicolons to appease gcc3; David Krause
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-ike.c