[odc] Daily src changes for 2003-04-13

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Apr 14 08:05:58 BST 2003

bin/ln                                  bin/rcp
distrib/notes                           etc/etc.sparc/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md                gnu/usr.bin/groff
lib/libcurses                           libexec/telnetd
regress/sbin                            sbin/pfctl
share/man                               sys/arch/sparc/conf
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/arch/sparc/include
sys/arch/sparc/sparc                    sys/kern
usr.bin/less                            usr.bin/mg
usr.sbin/extattrctl                     usr.sbin/mopd
usr.sbin/pwd_mkdb                       usr.sbin/wsmoused

== bin =============================================================== 01/12 ==

ln

  ~ symlink.7

  > typos; (jmc@)

rcp

  ~ rcp.c

  > 0 vs NULL; andrushock at korovino.neteraadt@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/12 ==

  ~ sparc/hardware

  > Mention Prestoserve (miod@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/12 ==

etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (miod@)

etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.sparc/MAKEDEV.md

  > Add a simple driver for the SBus ``Prestoserve'' NVRAM cards.
  > The Legato Prestoserve NFS accelerator used to be very popular, back when
  > NFSv3 did not exist, and disks and network speeds were not as good as they
  > are now...
  > This driver does not attempt to play any game with filesystems, but will
  > only
  > provide access to the cards NVRAM, as a block device.
  > If you have bright ideas on ``what to do with a few MB of battery-backed
  > memory'', I am interested in realistic suggestions! (miod@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/12 ==

usr.bin/groff

  ~ grops/ps.cc

  > another bad bound; millert@ ok (avsm@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/12 ==

libcurses

  ~ curses.priv.h

  > try to use the X Window System, X11 or XFree86 consistently.
  > diffs from Paul Weismann, via mickey@
  > aided, abetted and ok'd matthieu@ (jmc@)

== libexec =========================================================== 06/12 ==

telnetd

  ~ telnetd.8

  > try to use the X Window System, X11 or XFree86 consistently.
  > diffs from Paul Weismann, via mickey@
  > aided, abetted and ok'd matthieu@ (jmc@)

== regress =========================================================== 07/12 ==

sbin

  ~ pfctl/Makefile                        + pfctl/pfaltq11.in
  + pfctl/pfaltq11.ok

  > bit more complicated case to provoke qid assignment errors with hfsc
  > (henning@)

  ~ pfctl/Makefile                        + pfctl/pfaltq12.in
  + pfctl/pfaltq12.ok

  > test service curves (henning@)

  ~ pfctl/Makefile                        + pfctl/pfail35.in
  + pfctl/pfail35.ok

  > test doubly linkshare specification (henning@)

  ~ pfctl/Makefile                        + pfctl/pfail36.in
  + pfctl/pfail36.ok

  > test double upperlimit service curve (henning@)

  ~ pfctl/pfail35.in

  > actually use an understandable description (henning@)

  ~ pfctl/Makefile                        + pfctl/pf62.in
  + pfctl/pf62.ok

  > more hfsc test; especially for the feedback test (henning@)

== sbin ============================================================== 08/12 ==

pfctl

  ~ parse.y

  > move the bandwidth keyword from within the bandwidth target up to the
  > queue_opts target so the bandwidth parser can be used for other things too;
  > will be needed for hfsc's linkshare etc (henning@)

  ~ parse.y                               ~ pfctl_altq.c
  ~ pfctl_parser.h

  > move the structs node_queue_bw and node_queue_opt to pfctl_parser.h.
  > let eval_pfqueue() and eval_pfaltq() take a pointer to a struct
  > node_queue_bw instead of two distince bw_absolute and bw_percent
  > parameters. (henning@)

  ~ parse.y                               ~ pfctl_altq.c
  ~ pfctl_parser.h

  > pass down the struct node_queue_opts from the altqif/queuespec yacc targets
  > to expand_altq/expand_queue -> eval_pfaltq/eval_pfqueue and
  > further down to the new eval_queue_opts() instead of evaluating them
  > directly
  > in the yacc grammar.
  > this will be needed to process the hfsc options which can contain relative
  > bandwidth specifications, and we can't break them down to an absolute one
  > earlier. (henning@)

  ~ parse.y                               ~ pfctl_parser.h

  > new struct node_hfsc_opts for, surprise, hfsc options. needed because they
  > contain bandwidth specifications and we need to carry the unprocessed bw
  > specs around for quite some time until we can break them down to absolute
  > values. (henning@)

  ~ pfctl_altq.c

  > break out bandwidth specification processing code to its own function, will
  > be used in more places soonish (henning@)

  ~ pfctl_altq.c

  > process HFSC options for the linkshare, realtime and upperlimit service
  > curves (henning@)

  ~ parse.y

  > say bye bye to hfscflags_list and hfscflags_item
  > welcome hfscopts_list and hfscopts_item, returning a full struct
  > node_hfsc_opt instead of just an int for the flags. needed because of all
  > the opts hfsc knows (henning@)

  ~ pfctl_altq.c

  > use pa->ifbandwidth instead of rate as reference bandwidth for the root
  > queue (henning@)

  ~ parse.y

  > unbreak (missing }) (dhartmei@)

  ~ pfctl_altq.c

  > concistency in the print-funtions, here: HFSC uppercurve and brackets
  > (henning@)

  ~ parse.y

  > add support for the HFSC linkshare, realtime, and upperlimit service curves
  > to be specified. (henning@)

  ~ parse.y

  > prevent double service curve specification (henning@)

  ~ parse.y

  > KNF (henning@)

== share ============================================================= 09/12 ==

  ~ man7/intro.7                          ~ man7/kgdb.7
  ~ man7/library-specs.7                  ~ man7/mdoc.7
  ~ man7/mdoc.samples.7                   ~ man7/packages-specs.7

  > cleanup of typos in section 7 man pages;
  > mdoc.samples(7): ok millert@ (jmc@)

  ~ man7/ports.7                          ~ man4/man4.alpha/tga.4

  > try to use the X Window System, X11 or XFree86 consistently.
  > diffs from Paul Weismann, via mickey@
  > aided, abetted and ok'd matthieu@ (jmc@)

  ~ man8/afterboot.8                      ~ man8/rc.conf.8

  > update for afterboot(8):
  > - changes should be made to rc.conf.local
  > - show prompts and use literal
  > - typos
  > rc.conf(8) also updated to reflect these changes
  > ok millert@ (jmc@)

  ~ man5/Makefile                         + man5/mk.conf.5

  > man page added for mk.conf;
  > closes PR 3130;
  > ok millert@ (jmc@)

  ~ man5/mk.conf.5

  > some improvements from grange@ - thanks! (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.sparc/Makefile              ~ man4/man4.sparc/intro.4
  + man4/man4.sparc/presto.4

  > Document presto(4) (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 10/12 ==

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.sparc

  > Add a simple driver for the SBus ``Prestoserve'' NVRAM cards.
  > The Legato Prestoserve NFS accelerator used to be very popular, back when
  > NFSv3 did not exist, and disks and network speeds were not as good as they
  > are now...
  > This driver does not attempt to play any game with filesystems, but will
  > only
  > provide access to the cards NVRAM, as a block device.
  > If you have bright ideas on ``what to do with a few MB of battery-backed
  > memory'', I am interested in realistic suggestions! (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  + presto.c

  > Add a simple driver for the SBus ``Prestoserve'' NVRAM cards.
  > The Legato Prestoserve NFS accelerator used to be very popular, back when
  > NFSv3 did not exist, and disks and network speeds were not as good as they
  > are now...
  > This driver does not attempt to play any game with filesystems, but will
  > only
  > provide access to the cards NVRAM, as a block device.
  > If you have bright ideas on ``what to do with a few MB of battery-backed
  > memory'', I am interested in realistic suggestions! (miod@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ conf.h

  > Add a simple driver for the SBus ``Prestoserve'' NVRAM cards.
  > The Legato Prestoserve NFS accelerator used to be very popular, back when
  > NFSv3 did not exist, and disks and network speeds were not as good as they
  > are now...
  > This driver does not attempt to play any game with filesystems, but will
  > only
  > provide access to the cards NVRAM, as a block device.
  > If you have bright ideas on ``what to do with a few MB of battery-backed
  > memory'', I am interested in realistic suggestions! (miod@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ conf.c

  > Add a simple driver for the SBus ``Prestoserve'' NVRAM cards.
  > The Legato Prestoserve NFS accelerator used to be very popular, back when
  > NFSv3 did not exist, and disks and network speeds were not as good as they
  > are now...
  > This driver does not attempt to play any game with filesystems, but will
  > only
  > provide access to the cards NVRAM, as a block device.
  > If you have bright ideas on ``what to do with a few MB of battery-backed
  > memory'', I am interested in realistic suggestions! (miod@)

kern

  ~ kern_timeout.c

  > diff from nordin@ to prevent wraparound on long uptime machines.
  > ok art@ deraadt@ miod@ tdeval@ (tedu@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 11/12 ==

less

  ~ main.c                                ~ screen.c
  ~ brac.c                                ~ ch.c
  ~ charset.c                             ~ cmdbuf.c
  ~ command.c                             ~ decode.c
  ~ edit.c                                ~ filename.c
  ~ forwback.c                            ~ help.c
  ~ ifile.c                               ~ input.c
  ~ jump.c                                ~ line.c
  ~ linenum.c                             ~ lsystem.c
  ~ mark.c                                ~ optfunc.c
  ~ option.c                              ~ opttbl.c
  ~ os.c                                  ~ output.c
  ~ position.c                            ~ prompt.c
  ~ search.c                              ~ signal.c
  ~ tags.c                                ~ ttyin.c
  ~ version.c                             ~ regexp.c
  ~ regexp.h                              ~ INSTALL
  ~ Makefile.in                           ~ NEWS
  ~ README                                ~ configure
  ~ lesskey.c                             ~ cmd.h
  ~ funcs.h                               ~ less.h
  ~ lesskey.h                             ~ option.h
  ~ position.h                            ~ install.sh
  ~ defines.h.in                          ~ mkinstalldirs
  ~ less.nro                              ~ lesskey.nro
  ~ less.hlp                              + LICENSE
  + Makefile.aut                          + configure.ac
  + lessecho.c                            + scrsize.c
  + lglob.h                               + pckeys.h
  + mkfuncs.awk                           + mkhelp.c

  > New import:
  >	Stock less-390 with some unneeded DOS/Windoze files removed

  - Makefile.dos                          - Makefile.os2
  - acconfig.h                            - configure.in
  - defines.dos                           - defines.h.top
  - defines.os2                           - doscreen.c
  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper                  ~ Makefile.in
  ~ brac.c                                ~ ch.c
  ~ charset.c                             ~ cmd.h
  ~ cmdbuf.c                              ~ command.c
  ~ configure                             ~ decode.c
  ~ edit.c                                ~ filename.c
  ~ forwback.c                            ~ funcs.h
  ~ help.c                                ~ ifile.c
  ~ input.c                               ~ install.sh
  ~ jump.c                                ~ less.h
  ~ less.hlp                              ~ less.nro
  ~ lessecho.c                            ~ lesskey.c
  ~ lesskey.h                             ~ line.c
  ~ linenum.c                             ~ lsystem.c
  ~ main.c                                ~ mark.c
  ~ mkinstalldirs                         ~ optfunc.c
  ~ option.c                              ~ option.h
  ~ opttbl.c                              ~ os.c
  ~ output.c                              ~ position.c
  ~ position.h                            ~ prompt.c
  ~ regexp.c                              ~ regexp.h
  ~ screen.c                              ~ search.c
  ~ signal.c                              ~ tags.c
  ~ ttyin.c                               ~ version.c

  > Merge in less-381 w/ local changes and remove obsolete files. (millert@)

  ~ less.nro

  > Whoops, this is less 381, not 390 (my mistake) (millert@)

mg

  ~ undo.c

  > correct snprintf bound value, ok millert@, deraadt@ (avsm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 12/12 ==

extattrctl

  ~ extattrctl.c

  > remove debugg printf that had a bad format string
  > ok drahn@, miod@, tdeval@ (avsm@)

mopd

  ~ mopa.out/mopa.out.c

  > obvious typo: "s%" -> "%s" in format string (avsm@)

pwd_mkdb

  ~ pwd_mkdb.8                            ~ pwd_mkdb.c

  > Clarify the -d option and allow the passwd file argument to not be
  > a fully qualified pathname if -d was specified (since we take the
  > basename in that case anyway).  deraadt@ OK (millert@)

wsmoused

  ~ wsmoused.8                            ~ wsmoused.c