[odc] Daily src changes for 2003-01-08

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Jan 9 07:00:19 GMT 2003

bin/csh                                 distrib/sets
lib/libc                                regress/usr.bin
sbin/pfctl                              share/man
sys/arch/alpha/pci                      sys/arch/hppa/conf
sys/arch/hppa/gsc                       sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/arch/i386/pci                       sys/arch/sparc64/conf
sys/conf                                sys/crypto
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/microcode
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/std
usr.bin/ssh

== bin =============================================================== 01/08 ==

csh

  ~ csh.c                                 ~ csh.h
  ~ dir.c                                 ~ dol.c
  ~ exec.c                                ~ extern.h
  ~ file.c                                ~ glob.c
  ~ lex.c                                 ~ proc.c
  ~ sem.c                                 ~ set.c
  ~ str.c

  > bring in strlcpy and strlcat-like things for dealing with Char types,
  > this fixes at least 15 buffer overflows; some help from dhartmei.
  > Anyone want to go do the same in ksh, and help with some of the while
  > (*s++ = *p++) loops in here? (deraadt@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/08 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.alpha                   ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sparc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.vax
  ~ lists/comp/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/08 ==

  ~ hash/sha1.c                           ~ hash/Makefile.inc

  > Move the rounds into separate functions on sparc64 so gcc's optimizer
  > doesn't blow up.  This is a hack but is better than compiling sha1.c
  > with -O0 on sparc64.  From NetBSD (mrg).
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/08 ==

usr.bin

  ~ ssh/Makefile                          + ssh/sftp-batch.sh
  + ssh/sftp-cmds.sh

  > More regress tests for sftp, most commands are now exercised as is
  > batchmode
  > ok markus@ (djm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/08 ==

pfctl

  ~ parse.y

  > check more strlcpy; camield@ (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 06/08 ==

  ~ man4/Makefile                         + man4/osiop.4

  > Merry Christmas Mickey!
  > First cut at osiop driver (LSI Logic/Symbios/NCR 53C710). For hppa
  > only at the moment.
  > Functional for the most part, but there are known problems:
  > 1) SCSI_CHECK/REQUEST_SENSE not handled at all - simply returns a
  > zero'ed scsi_sense_data buffer. As a result all osiop sc_link's are
  > created with the ADEV_NODOORLOCK quirk to suppress PREVENT_ALLOW
  > commands from being issued (and failing) during probe.
  > 2) Sync negotiation (wide is not supported on this chip) needs to be
  > validated due to some ominous comments in the source about being valid
  > only for the 33Mhz Zeus board.
  > 3) Probe message needs fixing/completion to issue useful info. See 2).
  > 4) Timeout/hangs occur under heavy load, e.g. make builds.
  > From NetBSD.
  > ok mickey@ (krw@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/08 ==

arch/alpha/pci

  ~ pci_eb64plus_intr.s

  > Make END() symbols match corresponding LEAF() name. (miod@)

arch/hppa/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.hppa

  > Merry Christmas Mickey!
  > First cut at osiop driver (LSI Logic/Symbios/NCR 53C710). For hppa
  > only at the moment.
  > Functional for the most part, but there are known problems:
  > 1) SCSI_CHECK/REQUEST_SENSE not handled at all - simply returns a
  > zero'ed scsi_sense_data buffer. As a result all osiop sc_link's are
  > created with the ADEV_NODOORLOCK quirk to suppress PREVENT_ALLOW
  > commands from being issued (and failing) during probe.
  > 2) Sync negotiation (wide is not supported on this chip) needs to be
  > validated due to some ominous comments in the source about being valid
  > only for the 33Mhz Zeus board.
  > 3) Probe message needs fixing/completion to issue useful info. See 2).
  > 4) Timeout/hangs occur under heavy load, e.g. make builds.
  > From NetBSD.
  > ok mickey@ (krw@)

  ~ files.hppa

  > better osiop at gsc attachment and kill dead siop from files.hppa (mickey@)

arch/hppa/gsc

  + osiop_gsc.c

  > Merry Christmas Mickey!
  > First cut at osiop driver (LSI Logic/Symbios/NCR 53C710). For hppa
  > only at the moment.
  > Functional for the most part, but there are known problems:
  > 1) SCSI_CHECK/REQUEST_SENSE not handled at all - simply returns a
  > zero'ed scsi_sense_data buffer. As a result all osiop sc_link's are
  > created with the ADEV_NODOORLOCK quirk to suppress PREVENT_ALLOW
  > commands from being issued (and failing) during probe.
  > 2) Sync negotiation (wide is not supported on this chip) needs to be
  > validated due to some ominous comments in the source about being valid
  > only for the 33Mhz Zeus board.
  > 3) Probe message needs fixing/completion to issue useful info. See 2).
  > 4) Timeout/hangs occur under heavy load, e.g. make builds.
  > From NetBSD.
  > ok mickey@ (krw@)

  - siop_gsc.c

  > this one is old and must die now (mickey@)

  ~ osiop_gsc.c

  > better osiop at gsc attachment and kill dead siop from files.hppa (mickey@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ trap.c

  > make sure we are not allowing user to fault outside user address space and
  > always print smth before dead_end (mickey@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pchb.c

  > do not match on via866 smbus controller; reported and tested by grange@
  > (mickey@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ Makefile.sparc64

  > Move the rounds into separate functions on sparc64 so gcc's optimizer
  > doesn't blow up.  This is a hack but is better than compiling sha1.c
  > with -O0 on sparc64.  From NetBSD (mrg).
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

conf

  ~ files

  > Merry Christmas Mickey!
  > First cut at osiop driver (LSI Logic/Symbios/NCR 53C710). For hppa
  > only at the moment.
  > Functional for the most part, but there are known problems:
  > 1) SCSI_CHECK/REQUEST_SENSE not handled at all - simply returns a
  > zero'ed scsi_sense_data buffer. As a result all osiop sc_link's are
  > created with the ADEV_NODOORLOCK quirk to suppress PREVENT_ALLOW
  > commands from being issued (and failing) during probe.
  > 2) Sync negotiation (wide is not supported on this chip) needs to be
  > validated due to some ominous comments in the source about being valid
  > only for the 33Mhz Zeus board.
  > 3) Probe message needs fixing/completion to issue useful info. See 2).
  > 4) Timeout/hangs occur under heavy load, e.g. make builds.
  > From NetBSD.
  > ok mickey@ (krw@)

  ~ files

  > better osiop at gsc attachment and kill dead siop from files.hppa (mickey@)

crypto

  ~ sha1.c

  > Move the rounds into separate functions on sparc64 so gcc's optimizer
  > doesn't blow up.  This is a hack but is better than compiling sha1.c
  > with -O0 on sparc64.  From NetBSD (mrg).
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

dev/ic

  + osiop.c                               + osiopvar.h
  + osiopreg.h

  > Merry Christmas Mickey!
  > First cut at osiop driver (LSI Logic/Symbios/NCR 53C710). For hppa
  > only at the moment.
  > Functional for the most part, but there are known problems:
  > 1) SCSI_CHECK/REQUEST_SENSE not handled at all - simply returns a
  > zero'ed scsi_sense_data buffer. As a result all osiop sc_link's are
  > created with the ADEV_NODOORLOCK quirk to suppress PREVENT_ALLOW
  > commands from being issued (and failing) during probe.
  > 2) Sync negotiation (wide is not supported on this chip) needs to be
  > validated due to some ominous comments in the source about being valid
  > only for the 33Mhz Zeus board.
  > 3) Probe message needs fixing/completion to issue useful info. See 2).
  > 4) Timeout/hangs occur under heavy load, e.g. make builds.
  > From NetBSD.
  > ok mickey@ (krw@)

dev/microcode

  ~ siop/Makefile                         + siop/osiop.out
  + siop/osiop.ss

  > Merry Christmas Mickey!
  > First cut at osiop driver (LSI Logic/Symbios/NCR 53C710). For hppa
  > only at the moment.
  > Functional for the most part, but there are known problems:
  > 1) SCSI_CHECK/REQUEST_SENSE not handled at all - simply returns a
  > zero'ed scsi_sense_data buffer. As a result all osiop sc_link's are
  > created with the ADEV_NODOORLOCK quirk to suppress PREVENT_ALLOW
  > commands from being issued (and failing) during probe.
  > 2) Sync negotiation (wide is not supported on this chip) needs to be
  > validated due to some ominous comments in the source about being valid
  > only for the 33Mhz Zeus board.
  > 3) Probe message needs fixing/completion to issue useful info. See 2).
  > 4) Timeout/hangs occur under heavy load, e.g. make builds.
  > From NetBSD.
  > ok mickey@ (krw@)

  > Add SYMBOL LA41X3 (millert@)

  > Regen to add SYMBOL LA41X3 (millert@)

dev/std

  ~ sbp2.c

  > Sync debug info with code. (tdeval@)

  ~ sftp-int.c                            ~ sftp-int.h
  ~ sftp.1                                ~ sftp.c