[odc] Daily src changes for 2003-01-21

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Jan 22 07:00:20 GMT 2003

distrib/sets                            gnu/usr.bin/cvs
gnu/usr.bin/perl                        kerberosIV
kerberosV                               lib/libc
sbin/pfctl                              sbin/sysctl
share/man                               sys/arch
sys/arch/hppa/conf                      sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/include
sys/arch/i386/pci                       sys/compat/linux
sys/conf                                sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/kern
sys/net                                 sys/sys
usr.bin/man                             usr.bin/ranlib
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.bin/tn3270
usr.sbin/traceroute6

== distrib =========================================================== 01/10 ==

  ~ lists/comp/md.sparc

  > sync (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/10 ==

usr.bin/cvs

  ~ src/server.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_2
  > Pull in patch from current:
  > Fix (millert):
  > In dirswitch(), don't free dir_name until right before allocating
  > it again.  This removes a potential double-free problem, whereby
  > this function could free dir_name and then immediately return due
  > to invalid directory syntax (without ever reassigning dir_name),
  > then re-enter and free dir_name again.  Fix from Stefan Esser. (jason@)

usr.bin/perl

  ~ ext/Opcode/Opcode.pm

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_2
  > Pull in patch from current:
  > Fix (margarida):
  > Bug Fix
  > Update Safe module to version 2.09
  > millert@ ok (jason@)

== kerberosIV ======================================================== 03/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/kerberosIV

kerberosIV

  ~ src/man/krb.equiv.5                   ~ src/man/krb.extra.5

  > typos;
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

== kerberosV ========================================================= 04/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/kerberosV

kerberosV

  ~ src/lib/krb5/krb5.conf.5

  > typos;
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/10 ==

  ~ stdlib/malloc.3

  > typos;
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

  ~ gen/sysctl.3

  > kern.watchdog; ok mickey@ (markus@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/10 ==

pfctl

  ~ pfctl.c

  > remove redundant if
  > ok dhartmei (camield@)

  ~ pf_print_state.c

  > Support for TCP window scaling (RFC 1323). ok frantzen@ (dhartmei@)

sysctl

  ~ sysctl.c

  > add kern.watchdog sysctl and generic watchdog interface;
  > based on feedback and discussions with mickey, henric, fgsch and jakob.
  > ok art@, mickey@, jakob@, henric@ (markus@)

  ~ sysctl.8

  > kern.watchdog; ok deraadt@ (markus@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  ~ man9/style.9

  > Style, punctuation and grammar fixups from Ted Unangst on bugs at .ugh@)

  ~ man4/man4.i386/Makefile               + man4/man4.i386/elansc.4

  > add elansc, from netbsd; ok deraadt@ (markus@)

  ~ man5/passwd.5                         ~ man5/pf.conf.5
  ~ man5/resolv.conf.5

  > typos;
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.i386/elansc.4

  > add history, ok mickey@ (markus@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

arch

  ~ vax/INSTALL

  > typos (margarida@)

arch/hppa/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > st, cd and other scsi devices are useful too (mickey@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ mainbus.c

  > reverse logic in dma sync flush as long as prewrite was given and purge for
  > preread otherwise (mickey@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.i386

  > add elan520 from netbsd; adapted to watchdog sysctl interface;
  > ok mickey@, jakob@, henric@, fgsch@ (markus@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ types.h

  > Get rid of vm_{offset,size}_t on i386.
  > deraadt@ ok. (art@)

arch/i386/pci

  + elan520.c                             + elan520reg.h

  > add elan520 from netbsd; adapted to watchdog sysctl interface;
  > ok mickey@, jakob@, henric@, fgsch@ (markus@)

compat/linux

  ~ linux_socket.c

  > Do not do multiple stackgap_init calls in the same syscall execution,
  > chances are big that entities allocated early should live longer than
  > later stackgap_init invocations.  This fixes UDP problems in Linux
  > emulation, most notably YP, and some DNS issues.
  > ok fgsch@, jasoni@ & pvalchev@ (niklas@)

conf

  ~ files

  > add kern.watchdog sysctl and generic watchdog interface;
  > based on feedback and discussions with mickey, henric, fgsch and jakob.
  > ok art@, mickey@, jakob@, henric@ (markus@)

dev/ic

  ~ siop.c

  > bzero() siop_target structure after malloc().
  > In combination with previous openings fix makes Niklas happy. Probably
  > fixes some negotiation bugs too.
  > Another good candidate for -stable. (krw@)

  ~ siop.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_2
  > Pull in patches from current:
  > Fix (krw):
  > ---
  > Fix complete botch in handling of 'openings'.
  > Assign a fixed value (SIOP_NTAGS) to the openings field in the
  > adapter's template sc_link, rather than incrementing the value as
  > cbd's are allocated. The template value is the one copied into each
  > device's sc_link structure as it is created.
  > Incrementing the value meant that each new device got a larger value
  > for openings. The total number of openings claimed by devices on a
  > bus soon exceeded the number of cbd's available. e.g. after 5
  > devices there would be 132 allocated cbd's, but the total number of
  > openings claimed by devices would be 300.
  > A heavy i/o load on an adapter with multiple devices could have
  > caused the upper scsi layer to try to queue more i/o's than the
  > driver had cbd's to store them in. Such i/o's would fail with EIO if
  > they were started with SCSI_NOSLEEP (e.g. sdstart()) or were not
  > queued within the specified retry limit. I/o's for devices 'later'
  > on the bus would be more likely to trigger this behaviour, due to
  > their inflated openings values.
  > This is good candidate for -stable.
  > ---
  > bzero() siop_target structure after malloc().
  > In combination with previous openings fix makes Niklas happy. Probably
  > fixes some negotiation bugs too.
  > Another good candidate for -stable. (jason@)

  ~ if_wi.c                               ~ if_wi_hostap.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_2
  > Stub out hostap bits #ifdef SMALL_KERNEL to free up space on the
  > floppies; OK mickey@ deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ if_wi_hostap.c                        ~ if_wi_hostap.h

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_2
  > Use a 2-level timeout for hostap.  Instead of of sending a station
  > a deauth/disassoc packet when the inactivity timer fires, just set
  > a flag, re-queue it and set the master wihap timer if needed.  What
  > this does is to effectively bundle (and serialize) deauth/disassoc
  > packets so if a large number need to be sent at once we don't stomp
  > all over the card.	We also only do at most 10 stations at a time.
  > The sta_list has been changed from a doubly linked list to a tailq.
  > Inactive stations are kept at the head of the queue, new ones are
  > added to the tail.
  > Idea and OK by mickey@, prompted by an issue found by
  > merith AT vantronix DOT net (millert@)

dev/pci

  ~ auich.c

  > do not need explicit match on intel; from alexander.guy at andern.org  > (mickey@)

  ~ bktr/bktr_core.c

  > fix cut and paste piece in dma programming, caused jumpieness in animation;
  > good diagnose by Kamil Andrusz <wizz at mniam.netmickey@)

kern

  ~ kern_sysctl.c                         + kern_watchdog.c

  > add kern.watchdog sysctl and generic watchdog interface;
  > based on feedback and discussions with mickey, henric, fgsch and jakob.
  > ok art@, mickey@, jakob@, henric@ (markus@)

net

  ~ pfvar.h                               ~ pf.c

  > Support for TCP window scaling (RFC 1323). ok frantzen@ (dhartmei@)

sys

  ~ sysctl.h                              ~ systm.h

  > add kern.watchdog sysctl and generic watchdog interface;
  > based on feedback and discussions with mickey, henric, fgsch and jakob.
  > ok art@, mickey@, jakob@, henric@ (markus@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

  ~ man.conf.5

  > typos;
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

ranlib

  ~ ranlib.5

  > typos;
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

ssh

  ~ ssh-agent.1                           ~ ssh-agent.c

  > Add a -t life option to ssh-agent that set the default lifetime.
  > The default can still be overriden by using -t in ssh-add.
  > OK markus@ (marc@)

tn3270

  ~ mset/map3270.5

  > typos;
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

traceroute6

  ~ traceroute6.c

  > SO_SNDBUF needs int, not u_long (itojun@)

  ~ traceroute6.c

  > getting sysctl(net.inet6.ip6.def_hlim) need int variable, not u_long
  > (itojun@)

  ~ traceroute6.c