[odc] Daily src changes for 2003-06-10

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Jun 11 08:00:21 BST 2003

bin/rmail                               gnu/usr.bin/cvs
include/ctype.h                         lib/libc
lib/libpthread                          sbin/ccdconfig
sbin/ipsecadm                           sbin/isakmpd
sbin/mount_ffs                          sbin/mount_ntfs
sbin/newfs                              sbin/newfs_msdos
sbin/routed                             sbin/savecore
share/man                               sys/arch/sparc64/stand/ofwboot
sys/crypto                              sys/kern
sys/net                                 sys/ufs/ffs
usr.bin/apply                           usr.bin/apropos
usr.bin/ar                              usr.bin/arch
usr.bin/asa                             usr.bin/at
usr.bin/aucat                           usr.bin/audioctl
usr.bin/awk                             usr.bin/banner
usr.bin/basename                        usr.bin/bdes
usr.bin/biff                            usr.bin/cal
usr.bin/calendar                        usr.bin/cap_mkdb
usr.bin/cdio                            usr.bin/checknr
usr.bin/chpass                          usr.bin/cksum
usr.bin/cmp                             usr.bin/col
usr.bin/colcrt                          usr.bin/colrm
usr.bin/column                          usr.bin/comm
usr.bin/compress                        usr.bin/ctags
usr.bin/cut                             usr.bin/deroff
usr.bin/dirname                         usr.bin/du
usr.bin/elf2aout                        usr.bin/elf2ecoff
usr.bin/elf2olf                         usr.bin/env
usr.bin/error                           usr.bin/expand
usr.bin/fgen                            usr.bin/file
usr.bin/find                            usr.bin/finger
usr.bin/fmt                             usr.bin/fold
usr.bin/from                            usr.bin/fsplit
usr.bin/fstat                           usr.bin/gencat
usr.bin/getconf                         usr.bin/getopt
usr.bin/gprof                           usr.bin/grep
usr.bin/head                            usr.bin/hexdump
usr.bin/id                              usr.bin/indent
usr.bin/ipcrm                           usr.bin/ipcs
usr.bin/join                            usr.bin/jot
usr.bin/kdump                           usr.bin/ktrace
usr.bin/lam                             usr.bin/last
usr.bin/lastcomm                        usr.bin/leave
usr.bin/less                            usr.bin/lock
usr.bin/logger                          usr.bin/login
usr.bin/logname                         usr.bin/look
usr.bin/m4                              usr.bin/mail
usr.bin/make                            usr.bin/man
usr.bin/mesg                            usr.bin/mg
usr.bin/midiplay                        usr.bin/mixerctl
usr.bin/mktemp                          usr.bin/modstat
usr.bin/msgs                            usr.bin/nc
usr.bin/newsyslog                       usr.bin/nfsstat
usr.bin/nice                            usr.bin/nm
usr.bin/oldrdist                        usr.bin/passwd
usr.bin/paste                           usr.bin/pctr
usr.bin/pmdb                            usr.bin/pr
usr.bin/printenv                        usr.bin/printf
usr.bin/quota                           usr.bin/radioctl
usr.bin/rdist                           usr.bin/readlink
usr.bin/renice                          usr.bin/rev
usr.bin/rpcgen                          usr.bin/rpcinfo
usr.bin/rs                              usr.bin/rup
usr.bin/ruptime                         usr.bin/rusers
usr.bin/rwall                           usr.bin/script
usr.bin/sectok                          usr.bin/sed
usr.bin/showmount                       usr.bin/size
usr.bin/skey                            usr.bin/skeyinfo
usr.bin/skeyinit                        usr.bin/soelim
usr.bin/sort                            usr.bin/spell
usr.bin/split                           usr.bin/ssh
usr.bin/strings                         usr.bin/strip
usr.bin/su                              usr.bin/tail
usr.bin/talk                            usr.bin/tcopy
usr.bin/tee                             usr.bin/telnet
usr.bin/tftp                            usr.bin/time
usr.bin/tip                             usr.bin/tn3270
usr.bin/top                             usr.bin/touch
usr.bin/tput                            usr.bin/tr
usr.bin/tset                            usr.bin/tsort
usr.bin/tty                             usr.bin/ul
usr.bin/unexpand                        usr.bin/unifdef
usr.bin/uniq                            usr.bin/units
usr.bin/unvis                           usr.bin/usbhidaction
usr.bin/usbhidctl                       usr.bin/uudecode
usr.bin/uuencode                        usr.bin/vacation
usr.bin/vgrind                          usr.bin/vis
usr.bin/w                               usr.bin/wc
usr.bin/what                            usr.bin/whatis
usr.bin/which                           usr.bin/who
usr.bin/whois                           usr.bin/window
usr.bin/write                           usr.bin/x99token
usr.bin/xargs                           usr.bin/xinstall
usr.bin/xlint                           usr.bin/yacc
usr.sbin/adduser                        usr.sbin/dhcp
usr.sbin/user                           usr.sbin/wsfontload

== bin =============================================================== 01/09 ==

rmail

  ~ rmail.c

  > o Pass the -G flag to sendmail like sendmail(8) says
  > o Delivery in the foreground instead of just queueing since otherwise
  > mail is not delivered until the next queue run.
  > From Takahiro Yugawa; closes PR 3182 (millert@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/09 ==

usr.bin/cvs

  ~ contrib/Makefile.in

  > Install rcs2log, not a symlink to ../share/cvs/contrib/rcs2log
  > Fix from SUZUKI Hitoshi; closes PR 3298 (millert@)

== include =========================================================== 03/09 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

ctype.h

  ~ ctype.h

  > Remove an extraneous "& 0xff" (the cast to unsigned char is sufficient).
  > Use "extern __inline" instead of "static __inline" since the extern
  > flavor behaves more like a macro (which is what we want).
  > OK deraadt@ and tested on all platforms by various folks. (millert@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/09 ==

  ~ sys/mount.2

  > o make mount(2) return EROFS, not EPERM if ffs is dirty
  > o document EROFS in man page (2 possible causes)
  > o recognize EROFS in mount_ffs and try to give a reasonable error message
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

  ~ gen/isctype.c

  > Remove an extraneous "& 0xff" (the cast to unsigned char is sufficient).
  > Use "extern __inline" instead of "static __inline" since the extern
  > flavor behaves more like a macro (which is what we want).
  > OK deraadt@ and tested on all platforms by various folks. (millert@)

libpthread

  ~ Makefile

  > Use ITIMER_VIRTUAL instead of ITIMER_PROF as the thread scheduler
  > timer.   Allows threaded aps to be profiled.   Tested on i386,
  > alpha, macppc, sparc64 and vax.  miod@ says: I think this is the
  > right thing to do. (marc@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/09 ==

ccdconfig

  ~ Makefile

  > boring cleanups (deraadt@)

ipsecadm

  ~ ipsecadm.8                            ~ pfkdump.c

  > boring cleanups (deraadt@)

isakmpd

  ~ ipsec.c

  > Do not crash on unsupported IPSec ID types, as noted by Eric Boudrand.
  > (ho@)

  ~ conf.c                                ~ exchange.c
  ~ ike_auth.c                            ~ ike_phase_1.c
  ~ ike_quick_mode.c                      ~ isakmp_cfg.c
  ~ log.c                                 ~ monitor.c
  ~ monitor.h                             ~ pf_key_v2.c
  ~ policy.c                              ~ transport.c
  ~ udp.c                                 ~ x509.c

  > boring cleanups (deraadt@)

mount_ffs

  ~ mount_ffs.c

  > o make mount(2) return EROFS, not EPERM if ffs is dirty
  > o document EROFS in man page (2 possible causes)
  > o recognize EROFS in mount_ffs and try to give a reasonable error message
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

mount_ntfs

  ~ mount_ntfs.c

  > boring cleanups (deraadt@)

newfs

  ~ newfs.c

  > boring cleanups (deraadt@)

newfs_msdos

  ~ newfs_msdos.c

  > boring cleanups (deraadt@)

routed

  ~ table.c

  > boring cleanups (deraadt@)

savecore

  ~ savecore.c

  > boring cleanups (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  ~ man7/hier.7

  > - remove entries for /usr/include/kerberosIV and /usr/src/kerberosIV;
  > also spotted by Wouter Clarie
  > - changed /usr/include/ssl -> /usr/include/openssl (jmc@)

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > fix grammer regarding queues; noted by jlouis at mongers.orgeraadt@)

  ~ man9/kern.9

  > Be clear that we mean "inclusive" when we say between; jmc@ OK (millert@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

arch/sparc64/stand/ofwboot

  ~ Makefile                              ~ boot.c
  ~ elfXX_exec.c                          ~ srt0.s

  > - rip out support for a.out and 32-bit kernels
  > - cleanup and simplify Makefile
  > jason@ ok (brad@)

crypto

  ~ cryptodev.c

  > don't allow /dev/crypto to be opened ifndef CRYPTO (the thread hasn't been
  > started, so all operations will hang later on anyway). (jason@)

kern

  ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > debug0 and debug1 are defined elsewhere -- make 'em extern here (mickey@)

net

  ~ pf.c

  > It would kind of help if the flags member was initialized, otherwise random
  > rules create state. Truly hard to spot. Unless you run the code, of course.
  > (dhartmei@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ ffs_vfsops.c

  > o make mount(2) return EROFS, not EPERM if ffs is dirty
  > o document EROFS in man page (2 possible causes)
  > o recognize EROFS in mount_ffs and try to give a reasonable error message
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

apply

  ~ apply.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ apply.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

apropos

  ~ apropos.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

ar

  ~ ar.1                                  ~ ar.5

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

arch

  ~ arch.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

asa

  ~ asa.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ asa.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

at

  ~ at.1                                  ~ atq.1
  ~ atrm.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

aucat

  ~ aucat.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

audioctl

  ~ audioctl.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

awk

  ~ awk.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

banner

  ~ banner.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

basename

  ~ basename.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

bdes

  ~ bdes.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

biff

  ~ biff.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

cal

  ~ cal.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

calendar

  ~ calendar.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ calendar.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

cap_mkdb

  ~ cap_mkdb.c                            ~ getinfo.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

cdio

  ~ cdio.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ cdio.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

checknr

  ~ checknr.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

chpass

  ~ chpass.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

cksum

  ~ cksum.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ cksum.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

cmp

  ~ cmp.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

col

  ~ col.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

colcrt

  ~ colcrt.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

colrm

  ~ colrm.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

column

  ~ column.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ column.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

comm

  ~ comm.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

compress

  ~ compress.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ main.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

ctags

  ~ ctags.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ ctags.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

cut

  ~ cut.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

deroff

  ~ deroff.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

dirname

  ~ dirname.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

du

  ~ du.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

elf2aout

  ~ elf2aout.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

elf2ecoff

  ~ elf2ecoff.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

elf2olf

  ~ elf2olf.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ elf2olf.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

env

  ~ env.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ env.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

error

  ~ error.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ main.c                                ~ pi.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

expand

  ~ expand.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

fgen

  ~ fgen.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

file

  ~ file.1                                ~ magic.5

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

find

  ~ function.c                            ~ main.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

finger

  ~ finger.c                              ~ lprint.c
  ~ sprint.c                              ~ util.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

fmt

  ~ fmt.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

fold

  ~ fold.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

from

  ~ from.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

fsplit

  ~ fsplit.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ fsplit.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

fstat

  ~ fstat.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

gencat

  ~ gencat.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

getconf

  ~ getconf.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

getopt

  ~ getopt.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

gprof

  ~ gprof.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

grep

  ~ grep.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

head

  ~ head.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ head.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

hexdump

  ~ od.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ hexdump.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

id

  ~ id.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

indent

  ~ indent.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

ipcrm

  ~ ipcrm.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

ipcs

  ~ ipcs.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

join

  ~ join.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ join.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

jot

  ~ jot.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ jot.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

kdump

  ~ kdump.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

ktrace

  ~ ktrace.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ ktrace.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

lam

  ~ lam.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

last

  ~ last.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

lastcomm

  ~ lastcomm.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ lastcomm.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

leave

  ~ leave.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ leave.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

less

  ~ less.1                                ~ lesskey.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

lock

  ~ lock.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

logger

  ~ logger.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

login

  ~ login.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

logname

  ~ logname.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

look

  ~ look.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ look.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

m4

  ~ m4.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ main.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

mail

  ~ mail.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

make

  ~ make.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

man

  ~ help.1                                ~ man.conf.5

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ man.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

mesg

  ~ mesg.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

mg

  ~ mg.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ tty.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

midiplay

  ~ midiplay.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

mixerctl

  ~ mixerctl.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

mktemp

  ~ mktemp.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ mktemp.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

modstat

  ~ modstat.8

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ modstat.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

msgs

  ~ msgs.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

nc

  ~ netcat.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

newsyslog

  ~ newsyslog.8

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ newsyslog.c

  > Whoops, <= 0 should be < 0.  Problem noticed by marc@ (millert@)

nfsstat

  ~ nfsstat.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

nice

  ~ nice.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ nice.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

nm

  ~ nm.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

oldrdist

  ~ oldrdist.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

passwd

  ~ passwd.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

paste

  ~ paste.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

pctr

  ~ pctr.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

pmdb

  ~ pmdb.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ pmdb.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

pr

  ~ pr.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

printenv

  ~ printenv.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

printf

  ~ printf.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

quota

  ~ quota.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

radioctl

  ~ radioctl.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

rdist

  ~ rdist.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

readlink

  ~ readlink.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

renice

  ~ renice.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

rev

  ~ rev.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

rpcgen

  ~ rpcgen.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

rpcinfo

  ~ rpcinfo.8

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ rpcinfo.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

rs

  ~ rs.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

rup

  ~ rup.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

ruptime

  ~ ruptime.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

rusers

  ~ rusers.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

rwall

  ~ rwall.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

script

  ~ script.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

sectok

  ~ sectok.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

sed

  ~ compile.c                             ~ main.c
  ~ process.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

showmount

  ~ showmount.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

size

  ~ size.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

skey

  ~ skeyprune.8

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ skey.c

  > knf (deraadt@)

  ~ skeyprune.8

  > add missing copyright notice (millert@)

skeyinfo

  ~ skeyinfo.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ skeyinfo.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

skeyinit

  ~ skeyinit.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

soelim

  ~ soelim.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ soelim.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

sort

  ~ fields.c                              ~ sort.c
  ~ tmp.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

spell

  ~ spell.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

split

  ~ split.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

ssh

  ~ scp.1                                 ~ sftp-server.8
  ~ ssh-add.1                             ~ ssh-agent.1
  ~ ssh-keygen.1                          ~ ssh-keyscan.1
  ~ ssh-keysign.8                         ~ ssh.1
  ~ ssh_config.5                          ~ sshd.8
  ~ sshd_config.5

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ packet.c                              ~ progressmeter.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

strings

  ~ strings.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ strings.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

strip

  ~ strip.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

su

  ~ su.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

tail

  ~ misc.c                                ~ tail.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

talk

  ~ talk.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ ctl.c                                 ~ init_disp.c
  ~ invite.c                              ~ io.c
  ~ look_up.c                             ~ msgs.c
  ~ talk.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

tcopy

  ~ tcopy.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

tee

  ~ tee.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

telnet

  ~ telnet.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

tftp

  ~ main.c                                ~ tftp.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

time

  ~ time.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

tip

  ~ tip.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

tn3270

  ~ mset/mset.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

top

  ~ top.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

touch

  ~ touch.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ touch.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

tput

  ~ tput.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

tr

  ~ tr.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ tr.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

tset

  ~ tset.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

tsort

  ~ tsort.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ tsort.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

tty

  ~ tty.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

ul

  ~ ul.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

unexpand

  ~ unexpand.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

unifdef

  ~ unifdef.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

uniq

  ~ uniq.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

units

  ~ units.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ units.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

unvis

  ~ unvis.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

usbhidaction

  ~ usbhidaction.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

usbhidctl

  ~ usbhidctl.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

uudecode

  ~ uudecode.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

uuencode

  ~ uuencode.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

vacation

  ~ vacation.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

vgrind

  ~ vgrind.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

vis

  ~ vis.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

  ~ w.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

wc

  ~ wc.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

what

  ~ what.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

whatis

  ~ whatis.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ whatis.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

which

  ~ whereis.1                             ~ which.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ which.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

who

  ~ who.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

whois

  ~ whois.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ whois.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

window

  ~ window.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ main.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

write

  ~ write.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

x99token

  ~ x99token.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ x99token.c

  > predict() was broken for n > 1 in rev 1.2; this fixes it and closes PR 3306
  > (millert@)

xargs

  ~ xargs.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

xinstall

  ~ install.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

  ~ xinstall.c

  > mostly ansi cleanup; pval ok (deraadt@)

xlint

  ~ xlint/lint.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

yacc

  ~ yacc.1

  > - section reorder
  > - COMPATIBILITY merge
  > - macro cleanup
  > - kill whitespace at EOL
  > - new sentence, new line
  > ssh pages ok markus@ (jmc@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 09/09 ==

adduser

  ~ adduser.8                             ~ adduser.perl

  > Add login class support; based on a diff from Peter Werner (millert@)

dhcp

  ~ dhclient/scripts/dhclient-script

  > Rework script using advanced coding techniques like a case statement,
  > factoring out common code to functions, consistant indenting, etc.
  > Should be no semantic changes, just much easier to read, except for
  > ensuring that certain cable companies no longer confuse the issue by
  > supplying name server addresses without a domain name. Either will now
  > result in the creation of an appropriate resolv.conf
  > Inspired by PRs #2969 from Alexander Taler and #3135 from Jan
  > Johansson. Fixes #3135 completely according to Jan. #2969 may have
  > another item to fix.
  > Tested by various, including tech@'ers Jan Johansson, Uwe A. P.
  > Wuerdinger and Jim Rees.
  > Let the flood of enhancements begin now that it can actually be read
  > and understood ...
  > ok deraadt at .rw@)

user

  ~ user.c

  > o rename login variable to login_name
  > o remove user from supplementary groups when deleting a user and not
  > preserving information.
  > o add some const
  > o check that user/group is local (not YP) before trying to change it.
  > From NetBSD (agc) (millert@)

  ~ user.c

  > Catch illegal flags and reply with usage; from NetBSD (agc) (millert@)

  ~ user.c

  > Use syslog(3) to log new users and groups, deletions of users and groups,
  > and modification of user and group information.
  > Syslog priority is LOG_INFO, facility is LOG_USER (there is no need to
  > do this via LOG_AUTH, since the password and group files are world
  > readable).
  > From NetBSD (agc) (millert@)

  ~ user.c

  > Keep a table of password types, and their associated lengths, and
  > check in useradd or usermod whether the given encrypted password
  > has the correct length.
  > Factor out time code into a function, scantime()
  > Perform ctype(3) operations on unsigned chars.
  > From NetBSD (agc) (millert@)

  ~ user.c

  > o Check for fwrite() error with != 1, not <= 0 (mostly style)
  > o Correct some error messages
  > o More informative error when reading a line that is > LINE_MAX
  > o When saving password, only alloc space for what is used (millert@)

  ~ user.c

  > Check that login class exists before using it; based on a patch from
  > Peter Werner.  Closes PR 2699. (millert@)

wsfontload

  ~ wsfontload.8