[odc] Daily src changes for 2003-06-25

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Jun 26 08:00:22 BST 2003

bin/csh                                 bin/dd
bin/md5                                 bin/ps
bin/test                                distrib/notes
include/grp.h                           lib/libc
libexec/getty                           libexec/rpc.yppasswdd
libexec/tftpd                           sbin/brconfig
sbin/disklabel                          sbin/dumpfs
sbin/newfs                              sbin/newlfs
share/man                               sys/arch/sparc/conf
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/arch/sparc/include
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/dev/ata
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/pcmcia                          sys/dev/sbus
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/scsi                                sys/sys
usr.bin/asa                             usr.bin/asn1_compile
usr.bin/calendar                        usr.bin/checknr
usr.bin/chpass                          usr.bin/compile_et
usr.bin/diff                            usr.bin/finger
usr.bin/fold                            usr.bin/fsplit
usr.bin/fstat                           usr.bin/grep
usr.bin/indent                          usr.bin/mail
usr.bin/make                            usr.bin/netstat
usr.bin/rpcgen                          usr.bin/ruptime
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.bin/tftp
usr.bin/ul                              usr.bin/vmstat
usr.bin/wall                            usr.sbin/config
usr.sbin/dhcp                           usr.sbin/quot
usr.sbin/repquota                       usr.sbin/rtadvd
usr.sbin/rtsold                         usr.sbin/spray
usr.sbin/ypbind                         usr.sbin/ypset

== bin =============================================================== 01/10 ==

csh

  ~ csh.h                                 ~ extern.h
  ~ func.c                                ~ glob.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

dd

  ~ extern.h

  > fix protos (deraadt@)

md5

  ~ md5.c

  > fix lots of proto issues (deraadt@)

ps

  ~ keyword.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

test

  ~ test.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/10 ==

  ~ i386/hardware

  > Moxa C104H (henning@)

== include =========================================================== 03/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

grp.h

  ~ grp.h

  > proto getgrgid_r and getgrnam_r (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/10 ==

  ~ md/mdX.3                              ~ hash/rmd160.3
  ~ hash/sha1.3

  > missing const; millert ok (deraadt@)

  ~ arch/i386/gen/frexp.c                 ~ arch/i386/gen/isinf.c
  ~ arch/i386/gen/isnan.c                 ~ db/db/db.c
  ~ gen/gethostname.c                     ~ gen/getpagesize.c
  ~ gen/pause.c                           ~ gen/sleep.c
  ~ db/hash/hash_log2.c                   ~ db/hash/ndbm.c

  > pull in headers (deraadt@)

  ~ crypt/bcrypt.c                        ~ crypt/md5crypt.c
  ~ gen/getgrouplist.c                    ~ gen/getpwent.c
  ~ gen/glob.c                            ~ gen/login_cap.c
  ~ gen/nlist.c                           ~ gen/telldir.c
  ~ gen/timezone.c                        ~ gmon/gmon.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

  ~ gen/strtofflags.c

  > pull in headers (deraadt@)

  ~ yp/ypinternal.h                       ~ yp/ypmatch_cache.c

  > Move static funcion and variable declarations from header to the
  > .c file where they are used.   Gets rid of YPMATCHCACHE define.
  > Sure deraadt@ (marc@)

== libexec =========================================================== 05/10 ==

getty

  ~ main.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

rpc.yppasswdd

  ~ rpc.yppasswdd.c

  > proto repair (ugly with rpc programs) (deraadt@)

tftpd

  ~ tftpd.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/10 ==

brconfig

  ~ brconfig.8                            ~ brconfig.c

  > allow bridge filter rules to specify a tag.
  > if a packet matches such a rule it is tagged accordingly and pf can
  > filter based on that tag.
  > this allows, for example, bridge to be used as classifier for pf, and thus
  > gives all the power of pf based on mac address filters.
  > please note that currently the bridge filters only apply to packets
  > which are not destined for the local host.
  > ok deraadt@ jason@ dhartmei@ (henning@)

disklabel

  ~ disklabel.c

  > remove junk protos (deraadt@)

dumpfs

  ~ dumpfs.c

  > ansi (deraadt@)

newfs

  ~ mkfs.c                                ~ newfs.c

  > proto repairs (deraadt@)

newlfs

  ~ newfs.c

  > proto repairs (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  ~ man4/puc.4

  > Moxa C104H (henning@)

  ~ man4/bridge.4

  > sync struct ifbrlreq with reality (henning@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ SUN4C
  ~ SUN4M

  > Recent bus_space changes make ne at pcmcia work out of the box,
  > tested by pb@ (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ stp_sbus.c                            ~ ts102.c

  > Extend the sparc bus_space_tag_t to store access endianness in it, and
  > adapt all bus_space functions to do proper endianness conversion whenever
  > necessary, except for the raw ones.
  > This allows us to remove the forced endianness conversions in if_wi.
  > with help from and ok mickey@ (miod@)

  ~ ts102.c

  > Oops, put back iot/memt affectations in io_alloc/mem_alloc; spotted by
  > todd@ (miod@)

  ~ ts102.c

  > We want address incrementation disabled, so correctly ask for it... (miod@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ bus.h

  > fix _set_ functions as found while debugging an at stpickey@)

  ~ bus.h

  > Extend the sparc bus_space_tag_t to store access endianness in it, and
  > adapt all bus_space functions to do proper endianness conversion whenever
  > necessary, except for the raw ones.
  > This allows us to remove the forced endianness conversions in if_wi.
  > with help from and ok mickey@ (miod@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ stp_sbus.c

  > Let the stp driver use different bus_space_tag_t for its own device access,
  > and for access to the pcmcia windows from the pcmcia drivers. (miod@)

dev/ata

  ~ wd.c

  > implement new means of manipulating buf queues, bufq.
  > accessed with BUFQ macros, bufq structs support extensible, potentially
  > changable algorithms and queue formats.  the current default scheme
  > should support nice priority based queuing, but is missing some vfs_bio.c
  > support.
  > only on wd.c for now, other drivers are easy converts.
  > as a side bonus, this makes the driver code look cleaner.
  > idea for the name comes from netbsd, but this scheme is incompatible.
  > thanks to various people for testing.
  > ok grange@ (tedu@)

dev/ic

  ~ ax88190.c                             ~ dl10019.c
  ~ rtl80x9.c

  > #include <machine/intr.h> is not necessary here. (miod@)

  ~ if_wireg.h

  > Extend the sparc bus_space_tag_t to store access endianness in it, and
  > adapt all bus_space functions to do proper endianness conversion whenever
  > necessary, except for the raw ones.
  > This allows us to remove the forced endianness conversions in if_wi.
  > with help from and ok mickey@ (miod@)

  ~ wdc.c

  > Restore the original wdcdebug_mask instead of clearing DEBUG_PROBE when
  > done with it.  This makes "wdcprobe()" consistent with "wdcattach()".
  > ok grange@ (henric@)

  ~ an.c

  > AN_RID_ACTUALCFG gets the same endianesslessness as AN_RID_GENCONFIG
  > (mickey@)

  ~ advmcode.c                            ~ advmcode.h

  > constify some readonly data (mickey@)

  > regen (henning@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Moxa C104H (henning@)

  ~ pucdata.c

  > support Moxa C104H
  > from Raul Aldaz <raul.aldaz at grupocarreras.com> with minor polishing by
  > me,
  > thanks! (henning@)

  ~ pucdata.c

  > a bit whitespace/tab KNF while I'm here (henning@)

  ~ pccbb.c                               ~ pccbbreg.h

  > add topic97b support; from netbsd and tested by Pedro la Peu
  > <pedro at am-gen.orgmickey@)

dev/pcmcia

  ~ if_ne_pcmcia.c

  > #include <machine/intr.h> is not necessary here. (miod@)

dev/sbus

  ~ stp4020.c                             ~ stp4020var.h

  > Let the stp driver use different bus_space_tag_t for its own device access,
  > and for access to the pcmcia windows from the pcmcia drivers. (miod@)

  ~ stp4020.c                             ~ stp4020reg.h

  > fix all the _BITS and their use (mickey@)

  ~ stp4020.c

  > mimic delays pattern from i82365 on socket enable. actually pull the reset
  > line before clearing it. this together makes some more cards work and
  > unwedges my wedged wedgy on reboot alright; miod@ ok and testing (mickey@)

  ~ stp4020.c

  > Acknowledge the status interrupt in some odd and usually rare cases, which
  > could render a sparc so crazy it would panic... (miod@)

  ~ stp4020reg.h

  > Typo police: attribute is better written with an 'r'. (miod@)

  ~ stp4020.c

  > fix #if/ifdef issue and use u_int16_t instead of int where appropriate
  > (mickey@)

kern

  ~ subr_disk.c

  > implement new means of manipulating buf queues, bufq.
  > accessed with BUFQ macros, bufq structs support extensible, potentially
  > changable algorithms and queue formats.  the current default scheme
  > should support nice priority based queuing, but is missing some vfs_bio.c
  > support.
  > only on wd.c for now, other drivers are easy converts.
  > as a side bonus, this makes the driver code look cleaner.
  > idea for the name comes from netbsd, but this scheme is incompatible.
  > thanks to various people for testing.
  > ok grange@ (tedu@)

net

  ~ if_bridge.c                           ~ if_bridge.h

  > add a pf_tagname field to ifbrlreq and a pf_tag field to ifbrlnode.
  > on bridge rule load translate tagnames to pf tags using pf_tagname2tag etc
  > if packets match a bridge filter rule tag them using pf_tag_packet() with
  > the given tag
  > help dhartmei@
  > ok deraadt@ jason@ dhartmei@ (henning@)

scsi

  ~ sd_scsi.c                             ~ sd_atapi.c

  > Avoid a divide by zero by
  > 1) Ensuring that both sd_scsi.c and sd_atapi.c report a device as
  > offline when its disksize cannot be determined.
  > 2) Ensuring blksize is always non-zero, with a default value of 512.
  > 3) Eliminating a couple of unneeded 'sectors' variables, which makes
  > the code easier for me to read if nothing else.
  > The bug was introduced when sd_atapi.c was changed to allow
  > 'incomplete' implementations to be reported as online. REALLY
  > incomplete implementations (i.e. not even the disksize can be
  > determined) would be reported online with a blksize of zero.
  > Also fix a couple of knf nits in Mickey's last commit, and add another
  > check for an rpm of 0.
  > ok (pre-Mickey diffs) tdeval@ marc@ frantzen@ (krw@)

sys

  ~ buf.h

  > implement new means of manipulating buf queues, bufq.
  > accessed with BUFQ macros, bufq structs support extensible, potentially
  > changable algorithms and queue formats.  the current default scheme
  > should support nice priority based queuing, but is missing some vfs_bio.c
  > support.
  > only on wd.c for now, other drivers are easy converts.
  > as a side bonus, this makes the driver code look cleaner.
  > idea for the name comes from netbsd, but this scheme is incompatible.
  > thanks to various people for testing.
  > ok grange@ (tedu@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

asa

  ~ asa.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

asn1_compile

  ~ Makefile                              ~ getarg.c

  > defn HAVE_ARC4RANDOM and use it (deraadt@)

calendar

  ~ ostern.c                              ~ paskha.c

  > bring in protos via headers (deraadt@)

checknr

  ~ checknr.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

chpass

  ~ chpass.h

  > put in a proto (deraadt@)

compile_et

  ~ compile_et.c

  > add a missing proto (deraadt@)

diff

  + diff.1                                + diff.c
  + diff.h                                + diffdir.c
  + diffreg.c                             + pathnames.h

  > 4.3reno diff.  This is free because of the Caldera license.  Nasty, but a
  > place to start. (deraadt@)

  ~ diff.1

  > man page from 4.4lite2 (deraadt@)

  ~ diff.c                                ~ diff.h
  ~ diffdir.c                             ~ diffreg.c

  > caldera licenses (deraadt@)

  + Makefile

  > a Makefile (deraadt@)

  ~ Makefile

  > -Wall (deraadt@)

  ~ diff.1                                ~ diff.c
  ~ diff.h                                ~ diffdir.c
  ~ diffreg.c                             ~ pathnames.h

  > cleanup.  ansi, headers, correct prototypes, some safer string and
  > tempfile functions, whitespace, ...
  > no functional improvements yet (tedu@)

  ~ diffdir.c                             ~ diffreg.c

  > more cast removal, and fix some indent(1) oddities (tedu@)

  ~ diffdir.c

  > snprintf (deraadt@)

  ~ diffdir.c

  > fix lseek (deraadt@)

  ~ diff.c                                ~ diff.h
  ~ diffdir.c                             ~ diffreg.c

  > exit path signal race safe (deraadt@)

  ~ diffreg.c

  > avoid signed issues; tedu ok (deraadt@)

  ~ diffdir.c                             ~ diffreg.c

  > -Wstrict-prototypes (tedu@)

  ~ diffreg.c

  > remove unused variable (tedu@)

  ~ diffreg.c

  > knf (deraadt@)

  ~ diffdir.c

  > knf (deraadt@)

  ~ diffreg.c

  > index -> strrchr (deraadt@)

  ~ diffdir.c                             ~ diffreg.c

  > more knf (deraadt@)

  ~ diffreg.c

  > use SEEK_SET with fseek() (deraadt@)

  ~ diffreg.c

  > oops (deraadt@)

  ~ diff.c                                ~ diff.h
  ~ diffreg.c

  > remove silly signal catcher, and just use done.  ok deraadt@ (tedu@)

  ~ diff.1

  > this can be 3 term; gwyllion at ace.ulyssis.orgeraadt@)

  ~ pathnames.h

  > Update from 4.4 to get new-style copyright notice and trim the advert
  > clause (millert@)

  ~ diff.c                                ~ diff.h
  ~ diffdir.c                             ~ diffreg.c

  > o use getopt()
  > o use err/warn
  > o only call done() when needed (after mkstemp)
  > o add "-C lines" like GNU grep
  > OK deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ diff.1

  > cleanup;
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

  ~ diff.c

  > Fix getopt string for -D (millert@)

  ~ diff.c                                ~ diff.h
  ~ diffdir.c                             ~ diffreg.c

  > o use S_ISDIR instead of doing it by hand
  > o rename talloc -> emalloc and ralloc -> erealloc
  > o struct direct -> struct dirent (POSIX)
  > o kill remaining strcpy()
  > o fix unterminated string in setfile()
  > deraadt@ OK (millert@)

  ~ diff.c                                ~ diffdir.c
  ~ diffreg.c

  > Add unidiff support and try to pretty up usage() a bit (millert@)

  ~ diff.c

  > De-uglify usage (millert@)

  ~ diffreg.c

  > fix unified diff output.  ok millert@ (tedu@)

  ~ pathnames.h

  > remove term 3 (deraadt@)

  ~ diff.c

  > Add a space after flags that take an argumnent in usage() since getopt()
  > supports that. (millert@)

finger

  ~ finger.h                              ~ util.c

  > delete junk protos (deraadt@)

fold

  ~ fold.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

fsplit

  ~ fsplit.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

fstat

  ~ fstat.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

grep

  ~ binary.c

  > backwards args to gzseek (tedu@)

  ~ queue.c                               ~ util.c

  > knf (deraadt@)

  ~ Makefile

  > -pedantic is not useful in a C99 world so kill it.	OK deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ grep.h

  > Function prototypes that take no args should have (void) as the parameter.
  > (millert@)

  ~ binary.c                              ~ grep.c
  ~ grep.h                                ~ util.c

  > o remove useless cast to int from gzread() call
  > o maxPatternLen should be size_t since that's what it is compared against
  > o remove useless casts of NULL to various pointer types (millert@)

indent

  ~ indent_globs.h

  > delete junk proto (deraadt@)

mail

  ~ def.h

  > Remove unused c_func0; noticed by deraadt@ (millert@)

make

  ~ util.c

  > kill unused strcpy. Let the preprocessor compute the right size, as
  > suggested
  > by miod and ok miod@ (espie@)

  ~ util.c

  > Use sizeof(nextpathbuf) instead of 2 * MAXPATHLEN; espie@ OK (millert@)

netstat

  ~ netstat.h

  > add proto (deraadt@)

rpcgen

  ~ rpc_hout.c

  > better output C (deraadt@)

  ~ rpc_parse.c                           ~ rpc_parse.h
  ~ rpc_util.c                            ~ rpc_util.h

  > protos (deraadt@)

ruptime

  ~ ruptime.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

ssh

  ~ sftp-server.c

  > Typo police: attribute is better written with an 'r'. (miod@)

tftp

  ~ main.c                                ~ tftp.c
  ~ tftpsubs.c

  > ansi (deraadt@)

  ~ main.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

ul

  ~ ul.c

  > delete junk protos (deraadt@)

vmstat

  ~ vmstat.c

  > protos (deraadt@)

wall

  ~ wall.c

  > delete junk protos (deraadt@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 10/10 ==

config

  ~ ukc.h

  > protos (deraadt@)

dhcp

  ~ common/dhcp-options.5                 ~ dhclient/dhclient-script.8
  ~ dhclient/dhclient.conf.5              ~ server/dhcpd.8
  ~ server/dhcpd.conf.5                   ~ server/dhcpd.leases.5

  > mdoc version of the dhcp pages;
  > from myself and pjanzen at .  > input and ok in dhclient-script.8 from krw@ (jmc@)

quot

  ~ quot.c