[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-04-02

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Apr 3 08:00:44 BST 2004

bin/ls                                  distrib/notes
include/ctype.h                         lib/libc
lib/libpthread                          libexec/spamd
regress/lib                             share/man
sys/arch/hppa/hppa                      sys/arch/hppa/include
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/mac68k/dev
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/dev
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/usb                             sys/dev/wscons
sys/kern                                sys/lib/libsa
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/calendar
usr.bin/grep                            usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/syslogd

== bin =============================================================== 01/10 ==

ls

  ~ ls.c

  > Unbreak alignment of fields when using -lh.
  > ok deraadt@ (otto@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/10 ==

  ~ alpha/hardware                        ~ amd64/hardware
  ~ cats/hardware                         ~ i386/hardware

  > axe(4)... will very likely work (deraadt@)

== include =========================================================== 03/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

ctype.h

  ~ ctype.h

  > fix non-gnu ansi compilers by not using 'inline' but '__inline' instead.
  > lets tendra build again.
  > ok deraadt@, pvalchev@, millert@ (avsm@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/10 ==

  ~ sys/socket.2

  > do not compare SOCK_STREAM sockets to pipes;
  > from NetBSD (-r1.29);
  > ok markus@ deraadt@ (jmc@)

  ~ regex/engine.c

  > Avoid unbounded recursion in some expressions involving back references.
  > For example:
  > echo "foo foo bar bar bar baz" | sed 's/\([^ ]*\)\( *\1\)*/\1/g'
  > Test case found by dhartmei@
  > ok millert@ dhartmei@ tedu@ (otto@)

  ~ sys/rfork.2

  > rfork(RFMEM) shares complete vmspace.  much more useful, and in line with
  > other projects' implementations. (tedu@)

libpthread

  ~ sys/Makefile.inc

  > slow_atomic_lock.c is only used by mips; marc@ ok (mickey@)

== libexec =========================================================== 05/10 ==

spamd

  ~ spamd.c

  > nextstate() can get passed a read(2) chunk containing multiple lines,
  > so separate lines before logging headers/body. doesn't make logging
  > more verbose, just fixes the case where chunks contain multiple lines.
  > ok beck@ (dhartmei@)

== regress =========================================================== 06/10 ==

lib

  ~ libc/ieeefp/except/except.c

  > check the signals for exceptions and do siginfo in the signal handler; also
  > some style (mickey@)

  ~ libc/regex/tests

  > Some nasty test cases involving back references that caused
  > unbounded recursion. (otto@)

  ~ libm/toint/toint.c

  > add test for an int overflow; found by otto@ on hppa (mickey@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  ~ man4/Makefile                         ~ man4/usb.4
  + man4/axe.4

  > axe usb ethernet driver hacked into the tree by taleck at oz.neteraadt@)

  ~ man4/axe.4

  > OpenBSD puts media settings in hostname.if, not rc.conf. (miod@)

  ~ man4/axe.4

  > typos; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/wi.4tbl

  > add `nokeep' to the table to stop an ugly line break; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.i386/cpu.4

  > mention powernow (tedu@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ fpemu.S                               ~ locore.S
  ~ trap.c

  > repair fcnv* emulation.
  > generate proper signals/siginfo.
  > partially repairs the "otto" case. (mickey@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > repair fcnv* emulation.
  > generate proper signals/siginfo.
  > partially repairs the "otto" case. (mickey@)

  > axe usb ethernet driver hacked into the tree by taleck at oz.neteraadt@)

  ~ files.i386

  > K6-2/3 powernow driver.  not without quirks, but mostly working.
  > testing by david@ ok deraadt@ (tedu@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ machdep.c                             + powernow.c

  > K6-2/3 powernow driver.  not without quirks, but mostly working.
  > testing by david@ ok deraadt@ (tedu@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ specialreg.h

  > K6-2/3 powernow driver.  not without quirks, but mostly working.
  > testing by david@ ok deraadt@ (tedu@)

arch/mac68k/dev

  ~ if_ae_nubus.c

  > set correct MAC address for Farallon eth' cards.
  > Tested by Martin Reindl <mreindl at catai.org>
  > ok miod at .sa@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ fd.c

  > remove pk from copyright, seen in netbsd (deraadt@)

dev

  ~ rnd.c

  > kill _8 api completely (mickey@)

  ~ rnd.c

  > repair linuxisms tested on hppa, sparc, vax and i386; from Sven Dehmlow
  > <sven_dehmlow at gmx.demickey@)

dev/ic

  ~ mc6845reg.h                           ~ pcdisplay_chars.c
  ~ pcdisplayvar.h                        ~ pckbc.c
  ~ pckbcvar.h                            ~ vga_subr.c
  ~ vgareg.h

  > remove terms 3 & 4 for drochner at NetBSD.orgs seen on netbsd lists
  > (deraadt@)

dev/isa

  ~ ega.c                                 ~ egavar.h
  ~ pcdisplay.c                           ~ pcdisplayvar.h
  ~ pckbc_isa.c

  > remove terms 3 & 4 for drochner at NetBSD.orgs seen on netbsd lists
  > (deraadt@)

dev/usb

  ~ FILES                                 ~ files.usb
  ~ usb_port.h                            + if_axe.c
  + if_axereg.h

  > axe usb ethernet driver hacked into the tree by taleck at oz.neteraadt@)

  ~ if_axe.c

  > Do not define AXE_DEBUG by default. (miod@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wsdisplay_compat_usl.c                ~ wsemul_vt100.c
  ~ wsemul_vt100_chars.c                  ~ wsemul_vt100_keys.c
  ~ wsemul_vt100_subr.c                   ~ wsemul_vt100var.h

  > remove terms 3 & 4 for drochner at NetBSD.orgs seen on netbsd lists
  > (deraadt@)

kern

  ~ kern_fork.c

  > rfork(RFMEM) shares complete vmspace.  much more useful, and in line with
  > other projects' implementations. (tedu@)

lib/libsa

  ~ cread.c                               ~ tftp.c
  ~ tftp.h

  > remove terms 3 & 4 for drochner at NetBSD.orgs seen on netbsd lists
  > (deraadt@)

sys

  ~ proc.h

  > rfork(RFMEM) shares complete vmspace.  much more useful, and in line with
  > other projects' implementations. (tedu@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

calendar

  ~ calendars/calendar.openbsd