[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-04-24

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Apr 25 08:01:13 BST 2004

distrib/sets                            etc/changelist
etc/mtree/special                       libexec/telnetd
regress/sys                             sbin/pfctl
sbin/wsconsctl                          share/man
sys/arch/luna88k/dev                    sys/arch/mvme68k/dev
sys/arch/mvme68k/mvme68k                sys/arch/mvme88k/conf
sys/arch/mvme88k/dev                    sys/arch/mvme88k/include
sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k                sys/dev/wscons
sys/net                                 sys/sys
usr.bin/netstat                         usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/inetd                          usr.sbin/wsconscfg

== distrib =========================================================== 01/09 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.pegasos
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > Sync (libutil bump, luna88k directories and manual pages) (miod@)

  ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/comp/md.mvme88k

  > Sync (miod@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/09 ==

changelist

  ~ changelist

  > add spamd.conf to /etc/changelist and mtree/special
  > from Dmitry Medvedev, ok deraadt@ (beck@)

mtree/special

  ~ mtree/special

  > add spamd.conf to /etc/changelist and mtree/special
  > from Dmitry Medvedev, ok deraadt@ (beck@)

== libexec =========================================================== 03/09 ==

telnetd

  ~ sys_term.c                            ~ telnetd.h

  > Use openpty; OK deraadt@ (millert@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/09 ==

  - arch/mvme88k/usertrap/Makefile        - arch/mvme88k/usertrap/answer
  - arch/mvme88k/usertrap/testsuite.sh    - arch/mvme88k/usertrap/trap.c
  ~ Makefile                              + arch/m88k/usertrap/Makefile
  + arch/m88k/usertrap/answer             + arch/m88k/usertrap/testsuite.sh
  + arch/m88k/usertrap/trap.c

  > Look for tests in sys/arch/MACHINE_ARCH as well if necessary; and move the
  > m88k userland trap tests to its MACHINE_ARCH directory. (miod@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/09 ==

pfctl

  ~ parse.y                               ~ pfctl_parser.c

  > Add "probability xxx" rule modifier. ok deraadt@ (cedric@)

wsconsctl

  ~ util.c

  > Define wscons device ids for the Luna devices. (miod@)

  ~ Makefile

  > Compile the basic wscons userland tools on luna88k. (miod@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > Add "probability xxx" rule modifier. ok deraadt@ (cedric@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

arch/luna88k/dev

  ~ lunafb.c                              ~ lunaws.c

  > Define wscons device ids for the Luna devices. (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/dev

  ~ vme.h

  > Insane people can't spell insane correctly. (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/mvme68k

  ~ locore.s

  > Insane people can't spell insane correctly. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ M187
  ~ M188                                  ~ M197
  ~ RAMDISK                               ~ files.mvme88k

  > Preliminary switch to an mvme88k bus_space world. Not all drivers have been
  > converted yet, and they rely upon some linear mappings provided by
  > bus_space.
  > In order to not impact performance, almost all the bus_space accesses go
  > through macros and inline functions. This currently restricts us to D16 and
  > D32 access modes, which are selected at compilation time. Since there are
  > no
  > plans to support D8 vme devices in the future, this is acceptable for now.
  > This makes the "len" locator for vme devices go away, and allows to
  > simplify
  > some code which was using the pcctwo device, and will now directly access
  > hardware which is known to exist, rather than wait until the device is
  > attached.
  > While there, try to enforce more interrupt vector number checks, since
  > these
  > changes pointed out that dart(4) had been working correctly so far by sheer
  > luck only. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  - busswfunc.h                           - pcctwofunc.h
  - sysconfunc.h                          ~ bussw.c
  ~ busswreg.h                            ~ cl.c
  ~ clock.c                               ~ clreg.h
  ~ dart.c                                ~ if_ie.c
  ~ if_le.c                               ~ mainbus.c
  ~ memc.c                                ~ nvram.c
  ~ nvramreg.h                            ~ pcctwo.c
  ~ pcctworeg.h                           ~ sram.c
  ~ ssh.c                                 ~ syscon.c
  ~ sysconreg.h                           ~ vme.c
  ~ vme.h                                 ~ vmel.c
  ~ vmes.c                                ~ vs.c
  ~ vx.c                                  + pcctwovar.h

  > Preliminary switch to an mvme88k bus_space world. Not all drivers have been
  > converted yet, and they rely upon some linear mappings provided by
  > bus_space.
  > In order to not impact performance, almost all the bus_space accesses go
  > through macros and inline functions. This currently restricts us to D16 and
  > D32 access modes, which are selected at compilation time. Since there are
  > no
  > plans to support D8 vme devices in the future, this is acceptable for now.
  > This makes the "len" locator for vme devices go away, and allows to
  > simplify
  > some code which was using the pcctwo device, and will now directly access
  > hardware which is known to exist, rather than wait until the device is
  > attached.
  > While there, try to enforce more interrupt vector number checks, since
  > these
  > changes pointed out that dart(4) had been working correctly so far by sheer
  > luck only. (miod@)

  ~ vs.c

  > Do not ignore vs_poll() return value. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/include

  ~ autoconf.h                            ~ cpu.h
  ~ m88410.h                              + bus.h

  > Preliminary switch to an mvme88k bus_space world. Not all drivers have been
  > converted yet, and they rely upon some linear mappings provided by
  > bus_space.
  > In order to not impact performance, almost all the bus_space accesses go
  > through macros and inline functions. This currently restricts us to D16 and
  > D32 access modes, which are selected at compilation time. Since there are
  > no
  > plans to support D8 vme devices in the future, this is acceptable for now.
  > This makes the "len" locator for vme devices go away, and allows to
  > simplify
  > some code which was using the pcctwo device, and will now directly access
  > hardware which is known to exist, rather than wait until the device is
  > attached.
  > While there, try to enforce more interrupt vector number checks, since
  > these
  > changes pointed out that dart(4) had been working correctly so far by sheer
  > luck only. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ autoconf.c                            ~ machdep.c

  > Preliminary switch to an mvme88k bus_space world. Not all drivers have been
  > converted yet, and they rely upon some linear mappings provided by
  > bus_space.
  > In order to not impact performance, almost all the bus_space accesses go
  > through macros and inline functions. This currently restricts us to D16 and
  > D32 access modes, which are selected at compilation time. Since there are
  > no
  > plans to support D8 vme devices in the future, this is acceptable for now.
  > This makes the "len" locator for vme devices go away, and allows to
  > simplify
  > some code which was using the pcctwo device, and will now directly access
  > hardware which is known to exist, rather than wait until the device is
  > attached.
  > While there, try to enforce more interrupt vector number checks, since
  > these
  > changes pointed out that dart(4) had been working correctly so far by sheer
  > luck only. (miod@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > G/c CD_BOOT and the last related debug printf. (miod@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wsconsio.h

  > Define wscons device ids for the Luna devices. (miod@)

net

  ~ pf_norm.c

  > be careful about option lengths.  ok henning@ mcbride@ (frantzen@)

  ~ pf.c                                  ~ pfvar.h

  > Add "probability xxx" rule modifier. ok deraadt@ (cedric@)

sys

  ~ tree.h

  > sync to Niels Provos' version.  avoid unused variable warning in RB_NEXT()
  > (frantzen@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

netstat

  ~ inet.c

  > print tcps_rcvacktooold; ok henning (markus@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 09/09 ==

  ~ bgpd.h                                ~ parse.y
  ~ session.c

  > some rather boring windows talk at cansecwest made me hack initial support
  > for IPv6 transport
  > parts based on a diff from Brent Graveland
  > ok itojun@ claudio@ (henning@)

  ~ session.c

  > make failure in setting up the listeners non-fatal. should make bgpd work
  > on inet only kernels again, claudio ok (henning@)

inetd

  ~ inetd.8                               ~ inetd.c

  > Don't return NULL in getconfigent() when an unresolvable hostname
  > or unsupported address family is specified.  This simplifies the
  > hostname/address lookup loops and gets rid of the skip label.
  > Found by mpech at .K deraadt@ and otto@ (millert@)

wsconscfg