[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-12-04

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Dec 5 07:00:25 GMT 2004

bin/ksh                                 etc/netstart
libexec/ftpd                            libexec/spamd
sbin/pfctl                              share/man
sys/arch/amd64/stand/pxeboot            sys/arch/i386/stand/pxeboot
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/net                                 usr.bin/file
usr.sbin/httpd

== bin =============================================================== 01/08 ==

ksh

  ~ ksh.1tbl

  > minor tweaks; ok jmc (jaredy@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/08 ==

netstart

  ~ netstart

  > remove "route $hostname 127.0.0.1" line.  deraadt ok
  > *** please update /etc/netstart and test if it works ok for you ***
  > (itojun@)

== libexec =========================================================== 03/08 ==

ftpd

  ~ ftpcmd.y                              ~ ftpd.c

  > reply() used to play a lot with stdout, expecially fflush(stdout).
  > The recent change is to avoid stdio.  That's good, except there are
  > nearly 130 calls to this function, yet what if one of them depended on
  > fflush() or something else in this code?  The semantic change was
  > never checked.  That is not how we do development -- back this out
  > until we know that checking work has been done. (deraadt@)

spamd

  ~ grey.c

  > fix a signal race which could kill unrelated processes.
  > signal handler could be interrupted by another instance
  > of itself because it was used for multiple signals and
  > only one signal was blocked.
  > ok beck@ henning@ (moritz@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

pfctl

  ~ parse.y                               ~ pfctl_parser.c

  > Userland support for limiting open tcp connections per source. eg:
  > keep state (max-src-conn 1000, max-src-conn-rate 100/10, overflow <bad>
  > flush)
  > allow a maximum of 1000 open connections or 100 new connections in 10
  > seconds.
  > The addresses of offenders are added to the <bad> table which can be used
  > in
  > the ruleset, and existing states from that host are flushed.
  > ok deraadt@ dhartmei@ (mcbride@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > Document 'max-src-conn', 'max-src-conn-rate', 'overflow <bad> flush'.
  > (mcbride@)

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > Cleanup and remove a cut-n-pasto. From jmc@ (mcbride@)

  ~ man4/rd.4

  > Mention elfrdsetroot tool as well.	deraadt@ ok (aaron@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/amd64/stand/pxeboot

  ~ pxeboot.8

  > add /etc/dhcpd.conf to FILES; (jmc@)

arch/i386/stand/pxeboot

  ~ pxeboot.8

  > add /etc/dhcpd.conf to FILES; (jmc@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_iwi.c                              ~ if_iwireg.h
  ~ if_iwivar.h

  > Clean DMA allocation of Tx and Rx rings (damien@)

  ~ if_iwi.c                              ~ if_iwireg.h

  > fix shared authentication (damien@)

  ~ if_iwi.c                              ~ if_iwireg.h

  > minor cleaning (damien@)

  ~ if_iwi.c

  > - reorder interrupt handlers
  > - don't request ack's for multicast frames
  > - fix short preamble support
  > - clear nic memory on reset
  > - fix ioctl SIOCGTABLE0 (damien@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_atu.c                              ~ if_atureg.h

  > disable the state machine in atu in favour of the net80211 framework. lots
  > of
  > cleanup to follow.
  > partly from daan vreeken, partly from me (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c                              ~ if_atureg.h

  > clean up the rx path (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c                              ~ if_atureg.h

  > clean up the tx path (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c                              ~ if_atureg.h

  > remove code that is now unused because of the move to net80211 and the
  > rx/tx cleanup (dlg@)

net

  ~ pfvar.h                               ~ pf.c
  ~ pf_ioctl.c                            ~ pf_table.c

  > Add kernel code to keep track of tcp connections which have completed
  > the 3-way handshake. Allow limits on both total connections and connection
  > rate, put offenders in a table which can be used in the ruleset, and
  > optionally
  > kill existing states. Rate tracking code from dhartmei at .  > Adds a second pool for table entries using the default allocator, which
  > allows entries to be added at splsoftnet().
  > ok deraadt@ dhartmei@ (mcbride@)

  ~ if.c

  > use C comments. (markus@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

file

  ~ file.1                                ~ file.c

  > sync manual and usage to file-4.09; bits from and ok ian and jmc (jaredy@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

httpd

  ~ src/buildmark.c

  > incredible what for shit is in this code
  > adding time and date the binary was built is a really really really
  > important and worthwile information, rrrrriiiiiiiigggggghhhht.
  > and for sure a nice way to make the binary changes every time it is built
  > workaround for now (return "unnown") since this stupid piece of crap
  > function is part of the API and modules etc might (ab)use it.
  > king bula sez: what an incredible nonsense
  > pointed out by John Kerbawy <kerbawy at gmail.comhenning@)

  - src/regex/regex.3                     - src/regex/regex.7
  - src/support/ab.8                      - src/support/httpd.8

  > these pages not used;
  > ok henning@ (jmc@)

  ~ httpd.8

  > sort OPTIONS/SYNOPSIS; (jmc@)

  ~ httpd.8

  > edit rc.conf.local, not rc.conf; (jmc@)

  ~ httpd.8

  > reorder page contents somewhat, to make this easier to read, and put the
  > chroot stuff back into the main description;
  > remove non-standard Sh OPTIONS;
  > remove apache web site link, since we keep the docs locally anyway;
  > ok henning@ (jmc@)

  ~ src/main/http_main.c