[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-12-05

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Dec 6 07:11:28 GMT 2004

distrib/notes                           games/fortune
sbin/dhclient                           sbin/pfctl
share/doc                               share/man
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/sbus
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/net                                 usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/wsconscfg                      usr.sbin/wsmoused

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

  ~ amd64/hardware                        ~ cats/hardware
  ~ i386/hardware                         ~ macppc/hardware
  ~ sparc64/hardware

  > MicroSoft -> Microsoft
  > ok deraadt@, macro@, brad@ (jsg@)

  ~ mac68k/hardware

  > tYpo (martin@)

== games ============================================================= 02/07 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/games

fortune

  ~ datfiles/fortunes2

  > rather then -> rather than (jsg@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

dhclient

  ~ dhclient.c

  > extend window of "ignoring route messages on the socket" for 10 seconds
  > instead of 3. (deraadt@)

pfctl

  ~ parse.y

  > initialize $$->tail and $$->next for MAXSRCCONNRATE (dhartmei@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

doc

  ~ usd/18.msdiffs/ms.diffs

  > rather then -> rather than (jsg@)

man

  ~ man4/ath.4

  > add 'wireless network' so this shows up w/apropos wireless (jolan@)

  ~ man4/wi.4tbl

  > MicroSoft -> Microsoft
  > ok deraadt@, macro@, brad@ (jsg@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

  ~ if_ipw.c

  > wait longer for master initialization (damien@)

  ~ if_ipw.c                              ~ if_ipwreg.h
  ~ if_ipwvar.h

  > Clean Tx/Rx rings allocation and management. (damien@)

  ~ if_ipw.c                              ~ if_ipwreg.h

  > mostly cosmetic changes (damien@)

  ~ if_ipw.c                              ~ if_ipwreg.h

  > update net80211 AP list after scanning (damien@)

  ~ if_ipw.c

  > add IEEE80211_C_SHPREAMBLE capability flag and reorder interrupt handlers
  > (damien@)

  ~ if_ipw.c

  > fix printf's in ipw_dma_alloc() (damien@)

dev/sbus

  ~ qec.c

  > rather then -> rather than (jsg@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_atu.c                              ~ if_atureg.h

  > remove the dependance on code from wi (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c

  > rely on net80211 for media status/changes. reset the device as needed
  > from daan vreeken (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c

  > shrink atu_ioctl to only have the useful bits. inet6 seems a bit happier as
  > side effect (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c                              ~ if_atureg.h

  > clean up some more of the old state machine (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c

  > unbreak builds without ATU_DEBUG set.
  > thanks to jsg@ for pointing that out (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c

  > clean up init of the tx xfers (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c

  > net80211 in the watchdog (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c                              ~ if_atureg.h

  > do a scan for networks when net80211 thinks we should rather than doing it
  > only when we bring the interface up. (dlg@)

kern

  ~ vfs_bio.c

  > less then -> less than (jsg@)

net

  ~ pf_ioctl.c

  > after attaching an overload table, set its active flag. otherwise, the
  > table is not visible/accessible when the rule is the only reference
  > (you don't HAVE to reference the table elsewhere). (dhartmei@)

  ~ pf.c

  > IPv6 packets can contain headers (like options) before the TCP/UDP/ICMP6
  > header. pf finds the first TCP/UDP/ICMP6 header to filter by traversing
  > the header chain. In the case where headers are skipped, the protocol
  > checksum verification used the wrong length (included the skipped headers),
  > leading to incorrectly mismatching checksums. Such IPv6 packets with
  > headers were silently dropped. Reported by Bernhard Schmidt. ok mcbride@
  > (dhartmei@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

  ~ sftp.1

  > - explain that patterns can be used as arguments in get/put/ls/etc
  > commands (prodded by Michael Knudsen)
  > - describe ls flags as a list
  > - other minor improvements
  > ok jmc, djm (jaredy@)

wsconscfg

  ~ wsconscfg.8

  > max # of virtual terminals is 12. From Janjaap van Velthooven in PR 3995.
  > ok miod@ (otto@)

wsmoused

  ~ mouse_protocols.c