[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-12-18

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Dec 19 07:00:40 GMT 2004

bin/ksh                                 lib/libocurses
share/man                               sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/dev/ic                              sys/netinet
sys/scsi                                usr.bin/cvs
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== bin =============================================================== 01/06 ==

ksh

  - conf-end.h                            - ksh_dir.h
  - ksh_stat.h                            - ksh_time.h
  - ksh_times.h                           - ksh_wait.h
  - missing.c                             ~ Makefile
  ~ PROJECTS                              ~ c_ksh.c
  ~ c_sh.c                                ~ c_test.c
  ~ c_test.h                              ~ c_ulimit.c
  ~ config.h                              ~ edit.c
  ~ edit.h                                ~ emacs-gen.sh
  ~ emacs.c                               ~ eval.c
  ~ exec.c                                ~ expand.h
  ~ expr.c                                ~ history.c
  ~ io.c                                  ~ jobs.c
  ~ ksh_limval.h                          ~ lex.c
  ~ mail.c                                ~ main.c
  ~ misc.c                                ~ path.c
  ~ proto.h                               ~ sh.h
  ~ shf.c                                 ~ shf.h
  ~ siglist.sh                            ~ syn.c
  ~ table.c                               ~ table.h
  ~ trap.c                                ~ tree.c
  ~ tree.h                                ~ tty.c
  ~ tty.h                                 ~ var.c
  ~ vi.c

  > Remove unused OS dependent #ifdef blocks, #defines and macro abstraction.
  > First step in making the ksh code easier to read.  From Matthias Kilian
  > (millert@)

  ~ edit.c

  > Use _POSIX_VDISABLE directly instead of assigning it to a variable.
  > (millert@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ c_ksh.c
  ~ c_sh.c                                ~ c_test.c
  ~ config.h                              ~ exec.c
  ~ expr.c                                ~ io.c
  ~ jobs.c                                ~ lex.c
  ~ lex.h                                 ~ mail.c
  ~ main.c                                ~ proto.h
  ~ sh.h                                  ~ syn.c
  ~ trap.c                                ~ tree.c
  ~ var.c

  > Get rid of #ifdef KSH since we don't care about building a V7 style sh and
  > the #ifdef KSH code is required to make a POSIX sh.  From Matthias Kilian
  > (millert@)

  ~ main.c

  > When invoked as sh set SH_VERSION, not KSH_VERSION like the man page says.
  > (millert@)

  ~ c_ksh.c                               ~ c_sh.c
  ~ emacs.c                               ~ eval.c
  ~ exec.c                                ~ expand.h
  ~ expr.c                                ~ history.c
  ~ io.c                                  ~ lex.c
  ~ mail.c                                ~ main.c
  ~ misc.c                                ~ proto.h
  ~ syn.c                                 ~ table.c
  ~ trap.c                                ~ tree.c
  ~ var.c                                 ~ vi.c

  > deregister (millert@)

  ~ proto.h                               ~ sh.h
  ~ trap.c

  > Use the BSD sig_t instead of homegrown handler_t
  > Remove KSH_SA_FLAGS (millert@)

  ~ edit.c                                ~ jobs.c
  ~ sh.h

  > Flags set in signal handlers should be volatile sig_atomic_t (millert@)

  ~ edit.c                                ~ jobs.c
  ~ tty.c                                 ~ tty.h

  > Use struct termios instead of TTY_state typedef
  > Use tc[gs]etattr() instead of [gs]et_tty() abstraction (millert@)

  ~ c_sh.c                                ~ exec.c
  ~ io.c                                  ~ proto.h
  ~ shf.c                                 ~ tty.c

  > Replace fd_clexec() with calls to fcntl(fd, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC) (millert@)

  ~ config.h                              ~ expr.c
  ~ proto.h                               ~ syn.c

  > remove GCC_FUNC_ATTR/GCC_FUNC_ATTR2 and just use __attribute__ directly
  > (we define it away in sys/cdefs.h if it is not supported). (millert@)

  ~ sh.h

  > Use _PATH_BSHELL instead of hardcoding "/bin/sh" (millert@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/06 ==

libocurses

  ~ setterm.c

  > Use more standard TIOCGSIZE instead of the older TIOCGWINSZ.
  > They are the same thing on OpenBSD anyway... (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 03/06 ==

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > Better wording. (mcbride@)

  ~ man9/Makefile                         + man9/tc_init.9

  > Add tc_init(9) page, a description of the timecounters. With some
  > help from jmc at .range@)

  ~ man4/ip.4

  > cleanup and indent examples.  ok jmc (jaredy@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ psycho.c

  > Print error codes in panic message.
  > From NetBSD
  > ok miod@ (brad@)

dev/ic

  ~ athvar.h

  > use tick instead of ticks. thanks to hannes at mehnert dot org. (reyk@)

  ~ aic79xx_openbsd.h

  > Use SIU_TASKMGMT_* defines from scsi_all.h rather than local duplicates.
  > (krw@)

netinet

  ~ ip_carp.c

  > Decrement carp_suppress_preempt when detaching an interface that has
  > been experiencing output errors.
  > ok mcbride@ (pascoe@)

scsi

  ~ scsi_all.h

  > Add SPI status information unit structure and defines, along with some
  > command information unit 'Task Management Flags' defines. From FreeBSD
  > with a few tweaks. For ahd.
  > ok tdeval@ marco at .rw@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > when parsing an RCS date, adjust the year by 1900 in the tm structure
  > so we can use this data with asctime(), mktime() and friends
  > spotted and patch by Joris Vink (jfb@)

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm

  > basic code to handle legacy .libs-* packages: figure out what collisions
  > the new package actually has with old libs. If none is found, we can
  > proceed.
  > Prepare pkg_add to deal with it: switch into replacing mode as soon
  > as something fishy is going on.
  > Todo: code to actually delete replaced libraries.
  > Please note: if you don't play games such as going back to old packages
  > using replace, this code is enough.
  > If you update your whole system and remove old .libs-* package without
  > going back, this code isn't even needed... (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm

  > oops, don't compute fullname unless we know we can. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add

  > implement special `kitchensink' option for testers. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm

  > ignore size issues in kitchensink pretend mode.
  > Be consistent: show added files and deleted files if pretending. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm

  > display something when files ought to get moved in -n. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add.1

  > document kitchensink option (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add

  > if we can't find a package, and it's there to solve a dependency,
  > say so. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add

  > kitchensink mode will proceed if it can't find a dependent package...
  > (espie@)

  ~ TODO