[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-02-27

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Feb 28 07:00:28 GMT 2004

Makefile                                distrib/amd64
distrib/miniroot                        distrib/notes
distrib/sets                            distrib/special
etc/Makefile                            etc/etc.amd64/disktab
etc/root/root.mail                      gnu/egcs
gnu/lib/libiberty                       gnu/lib/libstdc++
gnu/usr.bin/binutils                    gnu/usr.bin/gcc
lib/csu                                 lib/libarch
lib/libc                                lib/libkvm
lib/libm                                lib/libpthread
lib/libssl                              libexec/ld.so
libexec/spamlogd                        regress/lib
regress/sys                             sbin/brconfig
sbin/isakmpd                            sbin/pfctl
share/mk                                share/tmac
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/i386/isa                       sys/arch/i386/pci
sys/arch/macppc/dev                     sys/arch/macppc/stand/tbxidata
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/compat/common
sys/conf                                sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/dev/wscons                          sys/kern
sys/lib/libkern                         sys/netinet
sys/nfs                                 sys/sys
usr.bin/gprof                           usr.bin/mg
usr.bin/pmdb                            usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/afs                            usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/httpd                          usr.sbin/openssl
usr.sbin/spamdb

== Makefile ========================================================== 01/12 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/Makefile

Makefile

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/12 ==

amd64

  ~ common/Makefile.inc

  > crank ramdisk to 3584 (deraadt@)

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > move to 3.5-beta (deraadt@)

notes

  ~ m4.common                             ~ packages

  > sync after amd64 MACHINE_ARCH change. (miod@)

sets

  ~ lists/base/md.amd64                   ~ lists/comp/md.amd64

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.pegasos
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/comp/md.alpha
  ~ lists/comp/md.amd64                   ~ lists/comp/md.cats
  ~ lists/comp/md.hp300                   ~ lists/comp/md.hppa
  ~ lists/comp/md.i386                    ~ lists/comp/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/comp/md.macppc                  ~ lists/comp/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/comp/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/comp/md.mvmeppc
  ~ lists/comp/md.pegasos                 ~ lists/comp/md.sparc
  ~ lists/comp/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/comp/md.vax

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/comp/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

special

  ~ kbd/Makefile

== etc =============================================================== 03/12 ==

Makefile

  ~ Makefile

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

etc.amd64/disktab

  ~ etc.amd64/disktab

  > crank ramdisk to 3584 (deraadt@)

root/root.mail

  ~ root/root.mail

  > move to 3.5-beta (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 04/12 ==

egcs

  ~ gcc/config/openbsd.h                  ~ gcc/config/m88k/openbsd.h

  > Teach gcc the proper "set" syntax for __attribute__ ((alias)) to work
  > on mvme88k.
  > ok deraadt@ espie@ (miod@)

lib/libiberty

  ~ config.guess

  > cope with MACHINE_ARCH changing from x86_64 to amd64.  For now, we want
  > the toolchain to remain at the name x86_64.  Tested on all other
  > architectures that care.  Done as very small snippets, so that espie does
  > not blow a fuse. (deraadt@)

lib/libstdc++

  ~ config.guess

  > cope with MACHINE_ARCH changing from x86_64 to amd64.  For now, we want
  > the toolchain to remain at the name x86_64.  Tested on all other
  > architectures that care.  Done as very small snippets, so that espie does
  > not blow a fuse. (deraadt@)

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper

  > cope with MACHINE_ARCH changing from x86_64 to amd64.  For now, we want
  > the toolchain to remain at the name x86_64.  Tested on all other
  > architectures that care.  Done as very small snippets, so that espie does
  > not blow a fuse. (deraadt@)

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper                  ~ config.guess

  > cope with MACHINE_ARCH changing from x86_64 to amd64.  For now, we want
  > the toolchain to remain at the name x86_64.  Tested on all other
  > architectures that care.  Done as very small snippets, so that espie does
  > not blow a fuse. (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/12 ==

csu

  - x86_64/Makefile                       - x86_64/crt0.c
  - x86_64/md_init.h                      ~ Makefile

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

libarch

  ~ Makefile                              ~ amd64/Makefile

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

  ~ amd64/Makefile                        + amd64/amd64_get_ioperm.2
  + amd64/amd64_get_ioperm.c              + amd64/amd64_get_ldt.2
  + amd64/amd64_get_ldt.c                 + amd64/amd64_iopl.2
  + amd64/amd64_iopl.c                    + amd64/amd64_set_ioperm.c
  + amd64/amd64_set_ldt.c                 + amd64/amd64_vm86.2
  + amd64/amd64_vm86.c

  > change to amd_*() functions (deraadt@)

libc

  - arch/x86_64/Makefile.inc              - arch/x86_64/SYS.h
  - arch/x86_64/gen/Makefile.inc          - arch/x86_64/gen/_setjmp.S
  - arch/x86_64/gen/alloca.S              - arch/x86_64/gen/fabs.S
  - arch/x86_64/gen/flt_rounds.S          - arch/x86_64/gen/fpgetmask.S
  - arch/x86_64/gen/fpgetround.S          - arch/x86_64/gen/fpgetsticky.S
  - arch/x86_64/gen/fpsetmask.S           - arch/x86_64/gen/fpsetround.S
  - arch/x86_64/gen/fpsetsticky.S         - arch/x86_64/gen/frexp.c
  - arch/x86_64/gen/infinity.c            - arch/x86_64/gen/isinf.c
  - arch/x86_64/gen/isnan.c               - arch/x86_64/gen/ldexp.c
  - arch/x86_64/gen/modf.S                - arch/x86_64/gen/setjmp.S
  - arch/x86_64/gen/sigsetjmp.S           - arch/x86_64/net/Makefile.inc
  - arch/x86_64/net/htonl.S               - arch/x86_64/net/htons.S
  - arch/x86_64/net/ntohl.S               - arch/x86_64/net/ntohs.S
  - arch/x86_64/string/Makefile.inc       - arch/x86_64/string/ffs.S
  - arch/x86_64/string/strlen.S           - arch/x86_64/sys/Ovfork.S
  - arch/x86_64/sys/brk.S                 - arch/x86_64/sys/cerror.S
  - arch/x86_64/sys/exect.S               - arch/x86_64/sys/fork.S
  - arch/x86_64/sys/rfork.S               - arch/x86_64/sys/sbrk.S
  - arch/x86_64/sys/sigpending.S          - arch/x86_64/sys/sigprocmask.S
  - arch/x86_64/sys/sigreturn.S           - arch/x86_64/sys/sigsuspend.S
  - arch/x86_64/sys/syscall.S             ~ Makefile.inc
  ~ arch/amd64/Makefile.inc

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

libkvm

  + kvm_amd64.c

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

libm

  ~ Makefile

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

libpthread

  - arch/x86_64/_atomic_lock.c            - arch/x86_64/uthread_machdep.c
  - arch/x86_64/uthread_machdep.h         - arch/x86_64/uthread_machdep_asm.S

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

  ~ arch/m88k/_atomic_lock.c              ~ arch/m88k/uthread_machdep.h
  + arch/m88k/uthread_machdep.c           + arch/m88k/uthread_machdep_asm.S

  > 88k uthread stuff.	some regress succeeds, a few others still fail.  This
  > is enough to start debugging further..  ok miod (deraadt@)

libssl

  - crypto/arch/x86_64/opensslconf.h      ~ crypto/Makefile

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

== libexec =========================================================== 06/12 ==

ld.so

  - x86_64/Makefile.inc                   - x86_64/archdep.h
  - x86_64/ldasm.S                        - x86_64/rtld_machine.c
  - x86_64/syscall.h                      ~ amd64/archdep.h

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

spamlogd

  ~ spamlogd.8                            ~ spamlogd.c

  > make spamlogd watch the destination of outbound smtp connections,
  > so that replies to mail sent out do not get greylisting delays.
  > ok millert@ (beck@)

  ~ Makefile

  > fix CFLAGS -I
  > ok deraadt@ (david@)

== regress =========================================================== 07/12 ==

lib

  ~ libpthread/stdio/stdio.c

  > NO SPRINTF! (deraadt@)

sys

  ~ kern/noexec/Makefile

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 08/12 ==

brconfig

  ~ brconfig.8

  > mention ifconfig create; update gif(4) examples; ok henning, deraadt, fries
  > (markus@)

isakmpd

  ~ ike_phase_1.c                         ~ ike_quick_mode.c
  ~ sa.c                                  ~ sa.h

  > Follow RFC 2408 more closely regarding how to better check the proposal
  > returned by the other peer (the responder). Some implementations (notably
  > the Cisco PIX) does not follow a SHOULD in section 4.2 of the RFC. With
  > certain proposal combinations this caused us to setup the wrong SA
  > resulting in us being unable to process incoming IPsec traffic (over this
  > tunnel).
  > Tested against a number of different IKE implementations.
  > hshoexer@ ok. (ho@)

  ~ ike_phase_1.c                         ~ ike_quick_mode.c
  ~ sa.c                                  ~ sa.h

  > (C)-2004 (ho@)

  ~ conf.c                                ~ isakmpd.conf.5

  > Add group 14 (modp2048) to predefined suites.  Manpage also updated.
  > ok ho@ (hshoexer@)

  ~ ipsec.c

  > Remove dead code.
  > ok ho@ (hshoexer@)

pfctl

  ~ pfctl.8                               ~ pfctl.c
  ~ pfctl_osfp.c

  > make pfctl -s all a bit more useful again by not printing a lllooooooottttt
  > of
  > OS fingerprints and a list of interface drivers...
  > cedric deraadt ok (henning@)

== share ============================================================= 09/12 ==

mk

  ~ bsd.own.mk

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

  ~ sys.mk

  > move to 3.5-beta (deraadt@)

tmac

  ~ mdoc/doc-common                       ~ mdoc/doc-syms

== sys =============================================================== 10/12 ==

  > move to amd64 MACHINE_ARCH (deraadt@)

  ~ fpu.c

  > zap bad message; spotted by pvalchev (deraadt@)

  ~ identcpu.c

  > Backport from i386 andreas' diff for removing leading and
  > duplicated spaces from cpu brand string.
  > ok deraadt@ (grange@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > put a bit more flesh in the sysctl machdep; parts from tom (deraadt@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > permit 10% of memory as buffer cache (deraadt@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > more machdep sysctl support (deraadt@)

  ~ autoconf.c                            ~ gdt.c
  ~ machdep.c

  > remove old crud (deraadt@)

  ~ sys_machdep.c

  > move to amd64_() functions (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ RAMDISK                               ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > crank ramdisk to 3584 (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ exec.h                                ~ param.h

  > move to amd64 MACHINE_ARCH (deraadt@)

  ~ biosvar.h

  > put a bit more flesh in the sysctl machdep; parts from tom (deraadt@)

  ~ sysarch.h

  > move to amd64_() functions (deraadt@)

  > Cleanup I[3456]86_CPU defines usage, unbreaks compilation
  > without some of them.
  > Problem reported by William Culler <william at neo.rr.com  > Help from tedu@ chris@, ok tedu@ chris@ deraadt at .range@)

  ~ est.c                                 ~ p4tcc.c

  > Introduce simple priorities mechanism so that concurrent
  > hw.setperf handlers don't override each other.
  > Problem reported and tested by danh at .  > ok tedu@ deraadt@ (grange@)

  ~ est.c                                 ~ p4tcc.c
  ~ machdep.c

  > Move setperf_prio to the machdep code, requested by deraadt@
  > ok deraadt@ (grange@)

arch/i386/isa

  ~ clock.c

  > Cleanup I[3456]86_CPU defines usage, unbreaks compilation
  > without some of them.
  > Problem reported by William Culler <william at neo.rr.com  > Help from tedu@ chris@, ok tedu@ chris@ deraadt at .range@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pcib.c

  > Introduce simple priorities mechanism so that concurrent
  > hw.setperf handlers don't override each other.
  > Problem reported and tested by danh at .  > ok tedu@ deraadt@ (grange@)

  ~ pcib.c

  > Move setperf_prio to the machdep code, requested by deraadt@
  > ok deraadt@ (grange@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ akbdmap.h

  > Add swiss german keymap tested on PBG4. go ahead and commit miod@
  > (claudio@)

  ~ akbdmap.h

  > developers who do not test compile should be shot (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/stand/tbxidata

  ~ bsd.tbxi

  > move to 3.5-beta (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ p9000.c                               ~ p9100.c

  > Typos (miod@)

compat/common

  ~ Makefile

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

conf

  ~ newvers.sh

  > move to 3.5-beta (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ ac97.c

  > change url; jjy2+ at pitt.edueraadt@)

  ~ vga.c

  > Fix a botched strchr() inlining in vga_load_font and avoid dereferencing
  > data->name if it is NULL.	Fixes the WSDISPLAY_USEFONT ioctl.
  > Adapted from a patch by Benjamin Lewis; NULL check from NetBSD.  OK tdeval@
  > (millert@)

  ~ if_wi.c

  > Disable interrupts in wi_intr() before sending an ACK.  Fixes a
  > race condition and makes things consistent with the rest of the
  > code.  From NetBSD.  OK deraadt@ (millert@)

dev/pci

  ~ pcidevs                               ~ if_bge.c

  > Add support for BCM5788 (niklas@)

  > regen (niklas@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > +Radeon 9200, and a typo noticed by anil at . deraadt@, tom@ (matthieu@)

  > sync (matthieu@)

  > sync (henning@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > another wi at usbriant (henning@)

  ~ if_wi_usb.c

  > JVC MP-XP7250 Builtin USB WLAN
  > tested by Michael Schmidt <Michajnz at freenet.de  > ok drahn@ (henning@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wskbd.c

  > kbd_reset can work on amd64 too (deraadt@)

kern

  ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > Introduce simple priorities mechanism so that concurrent
  > hw.setperf handlers don't override each other.
  > Problem reported and tested by danh at .  > ok tedu@ deraadt@ (grange@)

  ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > Move setperf_prio to the machdep code, requested by deraadt@
  > ok deraadt@ (grange@)

lib/libkern

  - arch/x86_64/Makefile.inc              - arch/x86_64/bcmp.S
  - arch/x86_64/bcopy.S                   - arch/x86_64/byte_swap_2.S
  - arch/x86_64/byte_swap_4.S             - arch/x86_64/bzero.S
  - arch/x86_64/ffs.S                     - arch/x86_64/index.S
  - arch/x86_64/memchr.S                  - arch/x86_64/memcmp.S
  - arch/x86_64/memcpy.S                  - arch/x86_64/memmove.S
  - arch/x86_64/memset.S                  - arch/x86_64/ovbcopy.S
  - arch/x86_64/rindex.S                  - arch/x86_64/scanc.S
  - arch/x86_64/skpc.S                    - arch/x86_64/strcat.S
  - arch/x86_64/strchr.S                  - arch/x86_64/strcmp.S
  - arch/x86_64/strcpy.S                  - arch/x86_64/strlen.S
  - arch/x86_64/strrchr.S

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

netinet

  ~ tcp_var.h

  > API change; counter for upcoming tcp_drain(); ok deraadt (markus@)

  ~ tcp_input.c                           ~ tcp_subr.c
  ~ tcp_var.h

  > implement tcp_drain() similar to ip_drain(); ok mcbride@ (markus@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_vnops.c

  > Defer use of NFS_ISV3 macro in nfs_link until sanity checks have been done.
  > Fixes a panic that can occur when trying to link from a local filesystem
  > to an nfs-mounted one.  Problem pointed out by Jim Rees, fix exists
  > in Net and Free.  OK tedu@ csapuntz@ (millert@)

sys

  ~ exec_aout.h                           ~ exec_elf.h

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

  ~ param.h

  > oops; move to 3.5-beta (deraadt@)

  ~ sysctl.h

  > Introduce simple priorities mechanism so that concurrent
  > hw.setperf handlers don't override each other.
  > Problem reported and tested by danh at .  > ok tedu@ deraadt@ (grange@)

  ~ sysctl.h

  > Move setperf_prio to the machdep code, requested by deraadt@
  > ok deraadt@ (grange@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 11/12 ==

gprof

  + amd64.c                               + amd64.h

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

mg

  ~ theo.c

  > one more (mickey@)

pmdb

  - arch/x86_64/Makefile.inc              - arch/x86_64/pmdb_machdep.h
  - arch/x86_64/x86_64.c

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

ssh

  ~ dh.c

  > Prevent sshd from sending DH groups with a primitive generator of zero or
  > one, even if they are listed in /etc/moduli.  ok markus@ (dtucker@)

  ~ dh.c

  > Make /etc/moduli line buffer big enough for 8kbit primes, in case anyone
  > ever uses one.  ok markus@ (dtucker@)

  ~ dh.c

  > Reset bit counter at the right time, fixes debug output in the case where
  > the DH group is rejected.  ok markus@ (dtucker@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 12/12 ==

afs

  ~ lib/libarla/Makefile.lwp.inc

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

  ~ src/arlad/cred.c                      ~ src/arlad/disco.c
  ~ src/arlad/fcache.c                    ~ src/arlad/inter.c
  ~ src/arlad/messages.c                  ~ src/arlad/poller.c
  ~ src/arlad/ptest.c                     ~ src/arlad/volcache.c

  > fix bogus assert() usage in afsd, and avoid an assert when
  > ThisCell is specified as a nonexeistent cell. found by matthieu@,
  > ok deraadt@ (beck@)

  ~ src/arlad/volcache.c

  > unbreak
  > ok beck@ (biorn@)

bgpd

  ~ rde_rib.c

  > It is possible to end up in prefix_add with a prefix that needs to be
  > moved.
  > This caused troubles with show rib because of an ENSURE.  OK henning@
  > (claudio@)

  ~ rde.c                                 ~ rde_rib.c

  > Cleanup no functional changes. OK henning@ (claudio@)

  ~ mrt.c                                 ~ rde.c
  ~ rde.h                                 ~ rde_attr.c
  ~ rde_decide.c                          ~ rde_filter.c
  ~ rde_rib.c                             ~ rde_update.c

  > remove unneded peer pointer in struct prefix and change a in_addr_t to
  > struct in_addr. OK henning@ (claudio@)

httpd

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

openssl

  ~ Makefile

  > change amd64's MACHINE_ARCH from x86_64 to amd64.  There are many many
  > reasons for this, quite a few of them technical, and not all of them
  > x86_64 for now. (deraadt@)

spamdb

  ~ Makefile