[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-07-03

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Jul 4 08:00:39 BST 2004

distrib/sets                            lib/libkvm
regress/sbin                            sbin/ifconfig
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/alpha
sys/arch/alpha/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/mvme68k/dev                    sys/kern
sys/net                                 usr.bin/lam
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.bin/systat
usr.sbin/bgpd                           usr.sbin/ntpd
usr.sbin/syslogd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/08 ==

libkvm

  ~ kvm_m68k.c

  > This was supposed to compile. (miod@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/08 ==

sbin

  ~ pfctl/Makefile

  > pfctl can finally run as non-root again, so we can get rid of a lot of
  > ${SUDO}s (henning@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > ansi; jared (deraadt@)

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > zap INET_ONLY, compress usage(); jared (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man9/Makefile

  > typo; Jared (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ locore.s

  > {e,}intr{names,cnt} are extinct (deraadt@)

  ~ locore.s

  > oops something went wrong in commit (deraadt@)

  ~ locore.s

  > sigh, not yet (deraadt@)

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ files.alpha

  > Cruft removal; ed(4) has been dead for ages.  OK deraadt@ miod@ (millert@)

  > Check return value instead of uninitialized variable.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

arch/mvme68k/dev

  ~ clock.c

  > On 1[67]7 boards, always use the VMEChip2 timers for delay(), even if the
  > device is not attached yet. (miod@)

  ~ flash.c

  > Oops, one more mmap() bounds check. (miod@)

kern

  ~ vfs_syscalls.c

  > if vinvalbuf() fails, unlock the vnode and release it. ok marius@ (pedro@)

net

  ~ pf_norm.c

  > quick workaround until proper PF_FORWARD reass gets implemented. (itojun@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

lam

  ~ lam.c

  > Fixes from Jared Yanovich with help from myself and cloder@; OK otto@
  > o make lam(1) use getopt(3) and err(3).
  > o fix off-by-one error
  > o use OPEN_MAX instead of rolling our own
  > o a little KNF (millert@)

ssh

  ~ sshlogin.c

  > Use '\0' not 0 for string; ok djm@, deraadt@ (dtucker@)

  ~ monitor_wrap.c

  > Put s/key functions inside #ifdef SKEY same as monitor.c,
  > from des at freebsda bz #330, ok markus@ (dtucker@)

systat

  ~ mbufs.c

  > move sysctl comment on namelist[] entry (deraadt@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

  ~ bgpd.c                                ~ bgpd.h
  ~ buffer.c                              ~ mrt.c
  ~ mrt.h                                 ~ parse.y
  ~ printconf.c                           ~ rde.c
  ~ session.c

  > Switch mrt dumping to fd passing. This gives some speed up when extensive
  > dumping is done. Acctually mrt dumps were broken because of the fd passing.
  > The nice side effect is a much cleaner code, especially in the parent
  > process.
  > OK henning@ (claudio@)

ntpd

  ~ client.c

  > wrong struct calloc'ed; ok henning@ (alexander@)

syslogd

  ~ privsep.c                             ~ syslog.conf.5
  ~ syslogd.c                             ~ syslogd.h

  > support @hostname:port syntax in syslog.conf, prompted by msf@ at c2k4;
  > ok henning@ anil@ (djm@)

  ~ privsep.c                             ~ privsep_fdpass.c
  ~ syslogd.c                             ~ ttymsg.c