[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-07-13

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Jul 14 08:00:48 BST 2004

distrib/alpha                           games/arithmetic
gnu/egcs                                gnu/lib/libf2c
gnu/lib/libiberty                       gnu/lib/libobjc
gnu/lib/libreadline                     gnu/lib/libstdc++
gnu/usr.bin/perl                        include/pwd.h
kerberosV                               lib/libc
lib/libcurses                           lib/libcurses++
lib/libdes                              lib/libedit
lib/libform                             lib/libgssapi
lib/libkrb5                             lib/libkvm
lib/libm                                lib/libmenu
lib/libocurses                          lib/libossaudio
lib/libpanel                            lib/libpcap
lib/libpthread                          lib/libsectok
lib/libskey                             lib/libssl
lib/libusbhid                           lib/libutil
lib/libwrap                             lib/libz
regress/libexec                         sbin/fdisk
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/include
sys/arch/alpha/stand                    sys/arch/amd64/stand
sys/arch/hp300/stand                    sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/arch/hppa/include                   sys/arch/hppa/stand
sys/arch/i386/isa                       sys/arch/i386/stand
sys/arch/luna88k/conf                   sys/arch/m88k/m88k
sys/arch/macppc/stand                   sys/arch/mvme68k/stand
sys/arch/mvme88k/conf                   sys/arch/mvme88k/stand
sys/arch/mvmeppc/stand                  sys/arch/powerpc/include
sys/arch/sparc/stand                    sys/arch/sparc/stand/libsa
sys/arch/sparc64/stand                  sys/arch/vax/include
sys/compat/bsdos                        sys/compat/common
sys/compat/freebsd                      sys/compat/hpux
sys/compat/netbsd                       sys/dev/ic
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/nfs                                 sys/sys
sys/ufs/ext2fs                          sys/ufs/ffs
sys/ufs/ufs                             sys/uvm
usr.bin/encrypt                         usr.bin/fstat
usr.bin/netstat                         usr.bin/passwd
usr.bin/rdist                           usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/ntpd                           usr.sbin/pkg_add
usr.sbin/ppp

== distrib =========================================================== 01/12 ==

alpha

  ~ bsd.rd/list

  > make bpf0.	do NOT put this into ramdisk target (yes, that is how full the
  > others are..) (deraadt@)

== games ============================================================= 02/12 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/games

arithmetic

  ~ arithmetic.6

  > replace bad macro; (jmc@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/12 ==

egcs

  ~ gcc/regmove.c

  > A better fix for the m68k optimize_reg_copy_3() problem.
  > The problem really only arises when optimize_reg_copy_3() attempts to
  > merge a load which fits in a register and a load which does not fit - in
  > the m68k case, merging an int32_t foo and (int64_t)foo two lines later.
  > In this case, and only if the backend provides its own expansion of the
  > extendsidi2 insn (usually for performance and code size reasons) as
  > embedded assembly statements but not rtl operations, then gcc at this
  > point will ``fail to realize'' that when sign-extending (or
  > zero-extending) the value of rN into rN and r(N+1), the value of rN is
  > not preserved on big-endian architectures, and the optimization will
  > produce bad code.
  > Of all the OpenBSD-supported platforms, arm and m68k are the only
  > affected; but further optimizations in gcc3 (on arm) apparently neuter
  > this bug, which I have been unable to reproduce in an arm build with
  > gcc3.
  > This commit works around the problem by preventing expansions larger
  > than the width of a general register, on m68k only. Other platforms are
  > not affected. (miod@)

  ~ libf2c/shlib_version                  ~ libio/shlib_version
  ~ libobjc/shlib_version                 ~ libstdc++/shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

  ~ libstdc++/shlib_version

  > bump these again, depending on gcc2/gcc3 a different library is installed
  > and they have different major numbers to prevent collision. (drahn@)

  ~ gcc/config/sparc/openbsd.h

  > switch sparc to setjmp/longjmp exceptions as DWARF2 handling is not
  > present.
  > fixes C++ exceptions.
  > this relies on an earlier libstdc++ bump (pvalchev@)

lib/libf2c

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

lib/libiberty

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

lib/libobjc

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

lib/libreadline

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

lib/libstdc++

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

  ~ shlib_version

  > bump these again, depending on gcc2/gcc3 a different library is installed
  > and they have different major numbers to prevent collision. (drahn@)

usr.bin/perl

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

== include =========================================================== 04/12 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

pwd.h

  ~ pwd.h

  > passwd.conf has been deprecated since login.conf was imported.
  > Today it finally dies.  Based on a diff from Gabriel Kihlman. (millert@)

== kerberosV ========================================================= 05/12 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/kerberosV

kerberosV

  ~ lib/45/shlib_version                  ~ lib/asn1/shlib_version
  ~ lib/gssapi/shlib_version              ~ lib/kafs/shlib_version
  ~ lib/krb5/shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

== lib =============================================================== 06/12 ==

  ~ arch/amd64/gen/fpsetsticky.S

  > Sync with NetBSD, picking up fixes to correctly reset status bits returning
  > the old status bits.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ shlib_version                         ~ gen/errno.c

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

  - net/iso_addr.3                        - net/iso_addr.c
  ~ net/Makefile.inc

  > Remove iso_addr() and iso_ntoa() as part of the netiso removal.
  > From henning@, OK deraadt@ (millert@)

libcurses

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libcurses++

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libdes

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libedit

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libform

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libgssapi

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libkrb5

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libkvm

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libm

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libmenu

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libocurses

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libossaudio

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libpanel

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libpcap

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libpthread

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libsectok

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libskey

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libssl

  ~ crypto/shlib_version                  ~ ssl/shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libusbhid

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libutil

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

  - pw_getconf.3                          ~ Makefile
  ~ passwd.c                              ~ util.h

  > passwd.conf has been deprecated since login.conf was imported.
  > Today it finally dies.  Based on a diff from Gabriel Kihlman. (millert@)

libwrap

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

libz

  ~ shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

== regress =========================================================== 07/12 ==

libexec

  ~ ld.so/constructor/libaa/shlib_version
  ~ ld.so/constructor/libab/shlib_version
  ~ ld.so/elf/libbar/shlib_version
  ~ ld.so/link-order/lib10/shlib_version
  ~ ld.so/link-order/lib11/shlib_version
  ~ ld.so/link-order/lib20/shlib_version
  ~ ld.so/weak/libstrong/shlib_version    ~ ld.so/weak/libweak/shlib_version

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

== sbin ============================================================== 08/12 ==

fdisk

  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ mbr.c
  ~ part.c                                ~ part.h

  > Remove unused argument 'int pn' to PRT_fix_CHS().  The 'int pn'
  > argument to PRT_parse() then becomes unused, so remove that too.
  > ok henning@, otto@ (tom@)

== share ============================================================= 09/12 ==

  - man5/passwd.conf.5                    ~ man3/intro.3
  ~ man5/Makefile

  > passwd.conf has been deprecated since login.conf was imported.
  > Today it finally dies.  Based on a diff from Gabriel Kihlman. (millert@)

== sys =============================================================== 10/12 ==

arch/alpha/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > #define __HAVE_PMAP_DIRECT and use it.  requested by art (tedu@)

arch/alpha/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/amd64/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/hp300/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ intr.c

  > count soft ints (mickey@)

  ~ intr.c                                ~ trap.c

  > more coherent intrs counting (mickey@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > #define __HAVE_PMAP_DIRECT and use it.  requested by art (tedu@)

arch/hppa/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/i386/isa

  ~ npx.c

  > Don't assert that P_INMEM is set in p_flag. The assert is only almost
  > correct because P_INMEM is for various reasons removed before cpu_swapout
  > is called and cpu_swapout in turn calls npxsave_proc.
  > deraadt@ ok (art@)

arch/i386/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/luna88k/conf

  ~ Makefile.luna88k

  > Remove compiler options workarounds for savectx breakage. (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ process.S

  > Do not trash r14 by mistake in __savectx. (miod@)

arch/macppc/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/mvme68k/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/mvme88k/conf

  ~ Makefile.mvme88k

  > Remove compiler options workarounds for savectx breakage. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/mvmeppc/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > #define __HAVE_PMAP_DIRECT and use it.  requested by art (tedu@)

arch/sparc/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/sparc/stand/libsa

  ~ Makefile

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/sparc64/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > #define __HAVE_PMAP_DIRECT and use it.  requested by art (tedu@)

compat/bsdos

  ~ syscalls.master

  > Change mode_t and nlink_t from 16bit to 32bit.  This allows us to
  > use mode_t in syscalls.master and to use mode_t in more places in
  > the kernel.  It also makes lint much more useful on kernel code.
  > I've also added a placeholder for st_birthtime to make a UFS2 import
  > easier at some future date.
  > Requested by and OK deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ bsdos_syscall.h                       ~ bsdos_syscallargs.h
  ~ bsdos_syscalls.c                      ~ bsdos_sysent.c

  > regen after stat/mode_t/nlink_t changes (millert@)

compat/common

  ~ Makefile                              ~ vfs_syscalls_43.c
  + vfs_syscalls_35.c

  > Change mode_t and nlink_t from 16bit to 32bit.  This allows us to
  > use mode_t in syscalls.master and to use mode_t in more places in
  > the kernel.  It also makes lint much more useful on kernel code.
  > I've also added a placeholder for st_birthtime to make a UFS2 import
  > easier at some future date.
  > Requested by and OK deraadt@ (millert@)

compat/freebsd

  ~ freebsd_file.c                        ~ syscalls.master

  > Change mode_t and nlink_t from 16bit to 32bit.  This allows us to
  > use mode_t in syscalls.master and to use mode_t in more places in
  > the kernel.  It also makes lint much more useful on kernel code.
  > I've also added a placeholder for st_birthtime to make a UFS2 import
  > easier at some future date.
  > Requested by and OK deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ freebsd_syscall.h                     ~ freebsd_syscallargs.h
  ~ freebsd_syscalls.c                    ~ freebsd_sysent.c

  > regen after stat/mode_t/nlink_t changes (millert@)

compat/hpux

  ~ hppa/syscalls.master

  > +getdomainname (mickey@)

  ~ hppa/hpux_syscalls.c                  ~ hppa/hpux_syscallargs.h
  ~ hppa/hpux_syscall.h                   ~ hppa/hpux_sysent.c

  > regen (mickey@)

  ~ hppa/syscalls.master

  > +madvise,msync,mlock,munlock,mlockall,munlockall (mickey@)

  ~ hppa/hpux_syscall.h                   ~ hppa/hpux_syscallargs.h
  ~ hppa/hpux_syscalls.c                  ~ hppa/hpux_sysent.c

  > regen (mickey@)

compat/netbsd

  ~ netbsd_stat.h                         ~ syscalls.master

  > Change mode_t and nlink_t from 16bit to 32bit.  This allows us to
  > use mode_t in syscalls.master and to use mode_t in more places in
  > the kernel.  It also makes lint much more useful on kernel code.
  > I've also added a placeholder for st_birthtime to make a UFS2 import
  > easier at some future date.
  > Requested by and OK deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ netbsd_syscall.h                      ~ netbsd_syscallargs.h
  ~ netbsd_syscalls.c                     ~ netbsd_sysent.c

  > regen after stat/mode_t/nlink_t changes (millert@)

dev/ic

  ~ mpt_openbsd.h

  > Replace _DEV_IC_MPT_NETBSD_H_ with _DEV_IC_MPT_OPENBSD_H_ (marco@)

kern

  ~ syscalls.master                       ~ vfs_syscalls.c
  ~ vfs_vnops.c

  > Change mode_t and nlink_t from 16bit to 32bit.  This allows us to
  > use mode_t in syscalls.master and to use mode_t in more places in
  > the kernel.  It also makes lint much more useful on kernel code.
  > I've also added a placeholder for st_birthtime to make a UFS2 import
  > easier at some future date.
  > Requested by and OK deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ syscalls.c                            ~ init_sysent.c

  > regen after stat/mode_t/nlink_t changes (millert@)

net

  ~ if_pfsync.h

  > spelling; dlg (deraadt@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_subs.c

  > Change mode_t and nlink_t from 16bit to 32bit.  This allows us to
  > use mode_t in syscalls.master and to use mode_t in more places in
  > the kernel.  It also makes lint much more useful on kernel code.
  > I've also added a placeholder for st_birthtime to make a UFS2 import
  > easier at some future date.
  > Requested by and OK deraadt@ (millert@)

sys

  ~ errno.h

  > errno changes, lib major version bumps, and general flag day
  > To build you must:
  > cd /usr/src && make obj && make includes
  > cd lib/libc && make depend && make && NOMAN=1 sudo make install
  > cd /usr/src && make build (marc@)

  ~ stat.h                                ~ types.h
  ~ vnode.h

  > Change mode_t and nlink_t from 16bit to 32bit.  This allows us to
  > use mode_t in syscalls.master and to use mode_t in more places in
  > the kernel.  It also makes lint much more useful on kernel code.
  > I've also added a placeholder for st_birthtime to make a UFS2 import
  > easier at some future date.
  > Requested by and OK deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ syscall.h                             ~ syscallargs.h

  > regen after stat/mode_t/nlink_t changes (millert@)

ufs/ext2fs

  ~ ext2fs_alloc.c                        ~ ext2fs_extern.h
  ~ ext2fs_vnops.c

  > Change mode_t and nlink_t from 16bit to 32bit.  This allows us to
  > use mode_t in syscalls.master and to use mode_t in more places in
  > the kernel.  It also makes lint much more useful on kernel code.
  > I've also added a placeholder for st_birthtime to make a UFS2 import
  > easier at some future date.
  > Requested by and OK deraadt@ (millert@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ ffs_alloc.c                           ~ ffs_extern.h
  ~ ffs_softdep.c                         ~ ffs_softdep_stub.c

  > Change mode_t and nlink_t from 16bit to 32bit.  This allows us to
  > use mode_t in syscalls.master and to use mode_t in more places in
  > the kernel.  It also makes lint much more useful on kernel code.
  > I've also added a placeholder for st_birthtime to make a UFS2 import
  > easier at some future date.
  > Requested by and OK deraadt@ (millert@)

ufs/ufs

  ~ inode.h                               ~ ufs_inode.c
  ~ ufs_readwrite.c

  > Change mode_t and nlink_t from 16bit to 32bit.  This allows us to
  > use mode_t in syscalls.master and to use mode_t in more places in
  > the kernel.  It also makes lint much more useful on kernel code.
  > I've also added a placeholder for st_birthtime to make a UFS2 import
  > easier at some future date.
  > Requested by and OK deraadt@ (millert@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_km.c

  > #define __HAVE_PMAP_DIRECT and use it.  requested by art (tedu@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 11/12 ==

encrypt

  ~ encrypt.c

  > passwd.conf has been deprecated since login.conf was imported.
  > Today it finally dies.  Based on a diff from Gabriel Kihlman. (millert@)

fstat

  ~ fstat.1

  > .Xr tcpdrop 8 , (jmc@)

  ~ fstat.1

  > indent an example; (jmc@)

netstat

  ~ netstat.1

  > .Xr tcpdrop 8 , (jmc@)

passwd

  ~ local_passwd.c                        ~ passwd.1
  ~ pwd_check.c                           ~ pwd_gensalt.c
  ~ yp_passwd.c

  > passwd.conf has been deprecated since login.conf was imported.
  > Today it finally dies.  Based on a diff from Gabriel Kihlman. (millert@)

  ~ pwd_check.c                           ~ pwd_gensalt.c

  > Simplify some things now that we only have login.conf to worry about
  > and fix two bugs introduced in the last commit (a duplicate free
  > and reversed logic for the default cipher types). (millert@)

rdist

  ~ rdist.1

  > bad macro here too: .I -> .Ar (jmc@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 12/12 ==

  ~ kroute.c                              ~ mrt.h
  ~ parse.y                               ~ rde.c
  ~ rde.h                                 ~ rde_attr.c
  ~ rde_update.c                          ~ session.c

  > fix some typos
  > ok henning otto (jaredy@)

  ~ bgpd.conf.5

  > lots of cleanup and revising:
  > - typo fixes, rewording, punctuation
  > - better use of and more format macros
  > - section reorganization in some places
  > - list directives with their arguments
  > - add some cross-refs
  > ok jmc, henning, otto (jaredy@)

  ~ bgpd.8

  > tweaks; ok henning@ (jmc@)

  ~ bgpd.8

  > slightly reword myself; (jmc@)

ntpd

  ~ ntpd.c

  > liek bgpd, use a socketpair(2) instead of a pipe(2) (henning@)

  ~ server.c

  > ignore obviously malformed queries; ok henning@ (alexander@)

  ~ ntp.c                                 ~ ntpd.h
  ~ server.c

  > Respond to client queries with better server statistics.  We now output
  > a close-to-reality stratum, a real reference time, and a leap indicator
  > that will indicate if the local clock isn't synchronized.
  > This also means that until the server feels it's synchronized, it will
  > tell the clients it isn't.	This is normal, and correct.
  > ok henning@ (alexander@)

  ~ ntpd.8                                ~ ntpd.conf.5

  > tweaks; ok henning@ (jmc@)

pkg_add

  ~ pkg_create                            ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/PackingList.pm

  > at pkg_create time, mark hard links with @link, and symlinks with @symlink,
  > instead of computing size and md5.
  > okay naddy@, sturm@ (espie@)