[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-07-17

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Jul 18 08:00:33 BST 2004

distrib/miniroot                        etc/ntpd.conf
gnu/egcs                                lib/libc
sbin/dumplfs                            sbin/fsck_msdos
sbin/newlfs                             sbin/raidctl
sbin/restore                            sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/usb
sys/net                                 sys/netinet
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/amd
usr.sbin/popa3d

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Don't add '/'s to timezone path when null input entered
  > as sub-timezone.
  > Pointed out by cloder at .rw@)

  ~ install.sub

  > Add 'stty <tty> <speed>' line to boot.conf if serial console is
  > made the default console. Ensures specified speed is actually used.
  > Pointed out by Derick Siddoway and Bob Humphrey.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

  ~ install.sub

  > Delete unused local vars. (krw@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/08 ==

ntpd.conf

  ~ ntpd.conf

  > Adresses->Addresses (avsm@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/08 ==

egcs

  ~ gcc/config/m88k/m88k.c

  > Minor cleanups (remove duplicated extern lines, use
  > current_function_{stdarg,varargs} instead of homegrown implementation, etc.
  > No functional change. (miod@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/08 ==

  ~ sys/makelintstub.sh

  > remove K&R stub support (deraadt@)

  ~ gen/errno.c

  > add PD statement.	Requested by espie@, OK millert@ (marc@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/08 ==

dumplfs

  ~ dumplfs.c                             ~ misc.c

  > some ansi; khalek at linuxgamers.neteraadt@)

fsck_msdos

  ~ boot.c                                ~ check.c
  ~ dir.c                                 ~ fat.c
  ~ main.c

  > some ansi; khalek at linuxgamers.neteraadt@)

newlfs

  ~ lfs.c                                 ~ misc.c
  ~ newfs.c

  > some ansi; khalek at linuxgamers.neteraadt@)

raidctl

  ~ raidctl.c                             ~ rf_configure.c

  > some ansi; khalek at linuxgamers.neteraadt@)

restore

  ~ dirs.c                                ~ interactive.c
  ~ main.c                                ~ restore.c
  ~ symtab.c                              ~ tape.c
  ~ utilities.c

  > some ansi; khalek at linuxgamers.neteraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ sab.c

  > Wait for output to be drained when sabtty is the console output port;
  > produces nicer (correct) kernel output upon bootup.
  > Reported in NetBSD PR #26226; tested by dlg@ and I. (miod@)

dev

  ~ rnd.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_5
  > MFC:
  > Fix by millert@
  > Allocate buffers in randomread and randomwrite via malloc instead
  > of from the stack.	Keeps us from running out of kernel stack during
  > stack-heavy networking load.  The bug manifests as a panic during
  > bootup with an fpu-related assertion failure on i386.
  > Fix from Christopher Pascoe; commit requested by deraadt@
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

  ~ rnd.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_4
  > MFC:
  > Fix by millert@
  > Allocate buffers in randomread and randomwrite via malloc instead
  > of from the stack.	Keeps us from running out of kernel stack during
  > stack-heavy networking load.  The bug manifests as a panic during
  > bootup with an fpu-related assertion failure on i386.
  > Fix from Christopher Pascoe; commit requested by deraadt@
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

dev/usb

  ~ umass.c                               ~ umass_quirks.c
  ~ umassvar.h

  > from netbsd, umass.c 1.98, umassvar.h 1.20
  > log message:
  > Remove UMASS_QUIRK_NO_START_STOP and UMASS_QUIRK_NO_MAX_LUN.
  > We don't have UMASS_QUIRK_NO_START_STOP so I didn't have to remove it. I
  > consider umass_quirks.c to be too different so I hand removed references to
  > the removed defines. There are some useless entries in there now which will
  > be cleaned up after umass is merged with netbsd.
  > ok deraadt@ (dlg@)

net

  ~ pf_norm.c

  > Repair breakage from the hackathon's time conversion.  Using the timestamp
  > as an extension to the sequence number got disabled because of the failing
  > idle
  > limit on PAWS checks.  One more thing off my todo list.  I need an intern
  > (frantzen@)

  ~ pf.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_5
  > MFC:
  > Fix by dhartmei@
  > change pf_route() loop detection: introduce a counter (number of times
  > a packet is routed already) in the mbuf tag, allow at most four times.
  > Fixes some legitimate cases broken by the previous change.
  > ok deraadt@ dhartmei@ (brad@)

  ~ pf.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_4
  > MFC:
  > Fix by dhartmei@
  > change pf_route() loop detection: introduce a counter (number of times
  > a packet is routed already) in the mbuf tag, allow at most four times.
  > Fixes some legitimate cases broken by the previous change.
  > ok deraadt@ dhartmei@ (brad@)

netinet

  ~ in_proto.c

  > netiso traces hide everywhere... millert ok (henning@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  ~ monitor.c                             ~ monitor_wrap.c
  ~ session.c                             ~ session.h
  ~ sshd.c                                ~ sshlogin.c

  > Move "Last logged in at.." message generation to the monitor, right
  > before recording the new login.  Fixes missing lastlog message when
  > /var/log/lastlog is not world-readable and incorrect datestamp when
  > multiple sessions are used (bz #463);  much assistance & ok markus@
  > (dtucker@)

amd

  ~ amd/afs_ops.c

  > Do not use after free; from Tor Egge via freebsd.
  > ok matthieu@ deraadt@ (otto@)

popa3d

  ~ popa3d.8                              ~ standalone.c
  ~ startup.c