[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-07-25

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Jul 26 08:01:50 BST 2004

distrib/miniroot                        distrib/sets
gnu/egcs                                sys/arch/luna88k/conf
sys/arch/luna88k/include                sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k
sys/arch/m88k/conf                      sys/arch/m88k/include
sys/arch/m88k/m88k                      sys/arch/mvme88k/conf
sys/arch/mvme88k/include                sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k
sys/dev/cardbus                         sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/kern
sys/ufs/ufs                             usr.sbin/ntpd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/04 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Don't need to specify 9600 as the default speed, since it is first on the
  > list of speeds and thus the default default. (krw@)

sets

  ~ lists/base/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/comp/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/comp/md.mvme88k

  > Sync (miod@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/04 ==

egcs

  ~ gcc/config/m88k/m88k.c

  > Always build a stack frame when profiling. Otherwise profiling would only
  > work for code compiled at -O0... (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 03/04 ==

arch/luna88k/conf

  ~ files.luna88k

  > Merge luna88k and mvme88k pmap. The pmap will now assume that the memory
  > below the kernel text is reserved for the PROM, instead of using fixed
  > (but different) values between luna88k and mvme88k.
  > Tested on mvme88k by myself, on luna88k by aoyama@ (miod@)

arch/luna88k/include

  ~ pmap.h                                ~ pmap_table.h

  > Merge luna88k and mvme88k pmap. The pmap will now assume that the memory
  > below the kernel text is reserved for the PROM, instead of using fixed
  > (but different) values between luna88k and mvme88k.
  > Tested on mvme88k by myself, on luna88k by aoyama@ (miod@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  - pmap.c                                ~ pmap_table.c

  > Merge luna88k and mvme88k pmap. The pmap will now assume that the memory
  > below the kernel text is reserved for the PROM, instead of using fixed
  > (but different) values between luna88k and mvme88k.
  > Tested on mvme88k by myself, on luna88k by aoyama@ (miod@)

arch/m88k/conf

  ~ files.m88k

  > Merge luna88k and mvme88k pmap. The pmap will now assume that the memory
  > below the kernel text is reserved for the PROM, instead of using fixed
  > (but different) values between luna88k and mvme88k.
  > Tested on mvme88k by myself, on luna88k by aoyama@ (miod@)

arch/m88k/include

  + pmap.h                                + pmap_table.h

  > Merge luna88k and mvme88k pmap. The pmap will now assume that the memory
  > below the kernel text is reserved for the PROM, instead of using fixed
  > (but different) values between luna88k and mvme88k.
  > Tested on mvme88k by myself, on luna88k by aoyama@ (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  + pmap.c

  > Merge luna88k and mvme88k pmap. The pmap will now assume that the memory
  > below the kernel text is reserved for the PROM, instead of using fixed
  > (but different) values between luna88k and mvme88k.
  > Tested on mvme88k by myself, on luna88k by aoyama@ (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/conf

  ~ files.mvme88k

  > Merge luna88k and mvme88k pmap. The pmap will now assume that the memory
  > below the kernel text is reserved for the PROM, instead of using fixed
  > (but different) values between luna88k and mvme88k.
  > Tested on mvme88k by myself, on luna88k by aoyama@ (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/include

  ~ pmap.h                                ~ pmap_table.h

  > Merge luna88k and mvme88k pmap. The pmap will now assume that the memory
  > below the kernel text is reserved for the PROM, instead of using fixed
  > (but different) values between luna88k and mvme88k.
  > Tested on mvme88k by myself, on luna88k by aoyama@ (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  - pmap.c                                ~ pmap_table.c
  + pmap_bootstrap.c

  > Merge luna88k and mvme88k pmap. The pmap will now assume that the memory
  > below the kernel text is reserved for the PROM, instead of using fixed
  > (but different) values between luna88k and mvme88k.
  > Tested on mvme88k by myself, on luna88k by aoyama@ (miod@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ cardslot.c

  > typo, enevt -> event (brad@)

  ~ if_atw_cardbus.c

  > Program BARs before enabling memory or I/O access.	From NetBSD (mycroft).
  > (millert@)

  ~ if_atw_cardbus.c

  > Store pci/cardbus revision number.	From NetBSD (dyoung) (millert@)

dev/ic

  ~ atw.c

  > The RSSI field in the Rx descriptor is the unadulterated content
  > of the DIVCTL/RSSI register on the RF3000 baseband.  Mask all but
  > the RSSI bits.  From NetBSD (dyoung). (millert@)

  ~ rf3000reg.h

  > Here is the serial bus format for the RF3000.  From NetBSD (dyoung)
  > (millert@)

  ~ atw.c                                 ~ atwreg.h
  ~ atwvar.h

  > Improve register definitions and slightly demystify some magic
  > numbers.  From NetBSD (dyoung) (millert@)

  ~ atw.c

  > Fix IBSS merges in atw(4).	From NetBSD (dyoung) (millert@)

  ~ atw.c                                 ~ atwvar.h

  > Begin conditioning device configuration on revision number.  Three types
  > are known: ADM8211A (1.1/1.5), ADM8211B (2.0), ADM8211C (3.0).  The B and
  > C parts, while not yet supported, have AP capability.  From NetBSD
  > (dyoung). (millert@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_atw_pci.c

  > Store pci/cardbus revision number.	From NetBSD (dyoung) (millert@)

kern

  ~ kern_proc.c                           ~ kern_synch.c

  > move db_show_all_procs to kern_proc.c, proc_printit goes in DDB too.
  > shuffle functions around so that scheduler is all together.
  > no real functional changes. ok art@ testing miod@ (tedu@)

ufs/ufs

  ~ ufs_vnops.c

  > more consistent handling of vnode recount during rename.
  > should solve some panics.  various testing for a while. (tedu@)

ntpd

  ~ ntpd.h                                ~ config.c