[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-06-09

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Jun 10 08:00:43 BST 2004

distrib/sets                            gnu/egcs
gnu/usr.bin/cvs                         include/limits.h
sbin/isakmpd                            sbin/ping6
sbin/route                              sys/arch/alpha/include
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/arch/hppa/include                   sys/arch/i386/eisa
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/i386/isa
sys/arch/i386/pci                       sys/arch/m88k/include
sys/arch/powerpc/include                sys/arch/vax/include
sys/kern                                sys/sys
sys/uvm                                 usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/rdate                          usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/comp/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/comp/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/man/md.luna88k                  ~ lists/man/md.mvme88k

  > binutils sync (miod@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/06 ==

egcs

  ~ gcc/config/m88k/m88k.c

  > More meaningful formulation of the __va_stk initialization in
  > __builtin_saveregs(); no functional change. (miod@)

  ~ gcc/config/m88k/m88k.c

  > In FUNCTION_ARG_ADVANCE(), do not pad the register position counter if the
  > parameter is going to hit the stack. (miod@)

  ~ gcc/config/m88k/m88k.c

  > The GO_IF_LEGITIMATE_ADDRESS fix in m88k.h, as well as all the FUNCTION_ARG
  > and FUNCTION_ARG_ADVANCE fixes in m88k.c, allow the optimized bcopy
  > sequences to be reliable again, so enable them back. (miod@)

usr.bin/cvs

  ~ src/commit.c                          ~ src/cvs.h
  ~ src/filesubr.c                        ~ src/history.c
  ~ src/server.c                          ~ src/wrapper.c
  + lib/xsize.h

  > Several potential security problems found and fixed by Stefan Esser &
  > Sebastian Krahmer.
  > ok millert@ (otto@)

  ~ src/commit.c                          ~ src/cvs.h
  ~ src/filesubr.c                        ~ src/history.c
  ~ src/server.c                          ~ src/wrapper.c
  + lib/xsize.h

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_5
  > MFC:
  > Fix by otto@
  > Several potential security problems found and fixed by Stefan Esser &
  > Sebastian Krahmer. (brad@)

  ~ src/commit.c                          ~ src/cvs.h
  ~ src/filesubr.c                        ~ src/history.c
  ~ src/server.c                          ~ src/wrapper.c
  + lib/xsize.h

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_4
  > MFC:
  > Fix by otto@
  > Several potential security problems found and fixed by Stefan Esser &
  > Sebastian Krahmer. (brad@)

== include =========================================================== 03/06 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

limits.h

  ~ limits.h

  > According to POSIX, _POSIX_PATH_MAX should be 256 but _POSIX_SYMLINK_MAX
  > should only be 255.  You would think they would be the same but you'd be
  > wrong. (millert@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/06 ==

isakmpd

  ~ message.c

  > only accept DELETEs during an authenticated INFORMATIONAL exchange.
  > Fix for recent problem disclosed by Thomas Walpuski.
  > ok ho@ (hshoexer@)

  ~ conf.c                                ~ exchange.c
  ~ ike_phase_1.c                         ~ ike_quick_mode.c
  ~ ipsec.c                               ~ isakmp_cfg.c
  ~ message.c                             ~ pf_key_v2.c
  ~ transport.c                           ~ udp.c

  > Style nits. hshoexer@ ok (ho@)

  ~ message.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_5
  > MFC:
  > Fix by hshoexer@
  > only accept DELETEs during an authenticated INFORMATIONAL exchange.
  > Fix for recent problem disclosed by Thomas Walpuski. (brad@)

  ~ message.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_4
  > MFC:
  > Fix by hshoexer@
  > only accept DELETEs during an authenticated INFORMATIONAL exchange.
  > Fix for recent problem disclosed by Thomas Walpuski. (brad@)

ping6

  ~ ping6.c

  > correct mistake in usage().  Chris Pinnock (itojun@)

route

  ~ route.c

  > Fix IPv4 name->address translation. Addresses like "10.1000" will not be
  > accepted anymore, but constructs like "route add 10.1.2/24 <gw>" will
  > finally do the right thing. ok millert@ (cedric@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/alpha/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > rename POOLPAGE macros to pmap_map_direct
  > break out uvm_km_page bits for this case, no thread here
  > lots of testing tech@, deraadt@, naddy@, mickey@, ... (tedu@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ cpu.c

  > Minor sync from the SMP branch.
  > NVRAM_RESET_SOFT -> NVRAM_RESET_JUMP
  > ok deraadt@ (art@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ pmap.c

  > rename POOLPAGE macros to pmap_map_direct
  > break out uvm_km_page bits for this case, no thread here
  > lots of testing tech@, deraadt@, naddy@, mickey@, ... (tedu@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > rename POOLPAGE macros to pmap_map_direct
  > break out uvm_km_page bits for this case, no thread here
  > lots of testing tech@, deraadt@, naddy@, mickey@, ... (tedu@)

arch/i386/eisa

  ~ eisa_machdep.c

  > pull in KNF from SMP (deraadt@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ apic.c                                ~ mpbios.c

  TAGGED SMP
  > we do not use bitmask_snprintf; ok grange art (deraadt@)

  ~ machdep.c

  TAGGED SMP
  > we trust the calibrated pentium_mhz more, so don't overwrite it unless
  > we know the cpu speed has changed.	fixes pr3814 from mark pecaut. (tedu@)

  ~ ioapic.c

  TAGGED SMP
  > Do not call lapic_set_softvectors, or lapic_set_lvt, if no ioapics are
  > present
  > in the system. ok art@ (drahn@)

  ~ locore.s

  TAGGED SMP
  > Do the DDB prologue for kcopy too. Fix copy_fault to deal with the changed
  > stack frame layout. Fixes the error case of copy{in,out}
  > We run too high quality software, we never tickle the error case.
  > ok markus@ deraadt@ (art@)

arch/i386/isa

  ~ nvram.h

  > Minor sync from the SMP branch.
  > NVRAM_RESET_SOFT -> NVRAM_RESET_JUMP
  > ok deraadt@ (art@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ elan520.c

  > fix compilation for !I586_CPU case; ok grange@ (djm@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ va-m88k.h

  > Among other tricky (or nice, depending upon your involvment) features,
  > the 88Open ABI allows arguments to be passed through registers, then on
  > the stack, the through registers, then on the stack again, with some
  > function signatures.
  > Unfortunately, gcc has not been designed with this possibility in mind,
  > and does not handle this situation optimally (since no sane architecture
  > does this anyway) and will reserve stack storage for the second set of
  > in-registers parameters.
  > Fixing this is quite non-trivial (trust me on this), so in the meantime
  > keep at wasting space stack, but teach varargs about this so that it can
  > compensate correctly. (miod@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > rename POOLPAGE macros to pmap_map_direct
  > break out uvm_km_page bits for this case, no thread here
  > lots of testing tech@, deraadt@, naddy@, mickey@, ... (tedu@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > rename POOLPAGE macros to pmap_map_direct
  > break out uvm_km_page bits for this case, no thread here
  > lots of testing tech@, deraadt@, naddy@, mickey@, ... (tedu@)

kern

  ~ init_main.c                           ~ kern_clock.c
  ~ kern_fork.c                           ~ kern_ktrace.c
  ~ kern_subr.c                           ~ kern_synch.c
  ~ kern_sysctl.c                         ~ kern_time.c

  > Merge in a piece of the SMP branch into HEAD.
  > Introduce the cpu_info structure, p_cpu field in struct proc and global
  > scheduling context and various changed code to deal with this. At the
  > moment no architecture uses this stuff yet, but it will allow us slow and
  > controlled migration to the new APIs.
  > All new code is ifdef:ed out.
  > ok deraadt@ niklas@ (art@)

  ~ vfs_default.c

  > in theory, vnlock should alays be NULL in the generic lock (sic) functions.
  > in reality, sometimes it's not.  we don't trust vnlock, and since it's 100%
  > guaranteed to panic if it gets here, just completely stop using it.
  > crash by henning, ok deraadt (tedu@)

sys

  ~ proc.h

  TAGGED SMP
  > spacing (deraadt@)

  ~ kernel.h                              ~ proc.h
  ~ sched.h

  TAGGED SMP
  > Merge in a piece of the SMP branch into HEAD.
  > Introduce the cpu_info structure, p_cpu field in struct proc and global
  > scheduling context and various changed code to deal with this. At the
  > moment no architecture uses this stuff yet, but it will allow us slow and
  > controlled migration to the new APIs.
  > All new code is ifdef:ed out.
  > ok deraadt@ niklas@ (art@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_km.c

  > rename POOLPAGE macros to pmap_map_direct
  > break out uvm_km_page bits for this case, no thread here
  > lots of testing tech@, deraadt@, naddy@, mickey@, ... (tedu@)

  ~ control.c                             ~ session.c
  ~ session.h

  > move to a dynamically allocated struct pollfd array.
  > we used a ststic one with OPEN_MAX entries, which is a rather arbitary
  > limit
  > as OPEN_MAX is _not_ the max # of open fds we can have, but just a default
  > for that setting.
  > in the same move we have to allocate the peer_l array, basically there
  > for pfd-index to peer pointers to prevent peer list scans all time,
  > dynamiccaly to. we overallocate a little and use that reserve until we
  > have to realloc again later to prevent reallocs for every single control
  > connection or a single flapping peer.
  > help & ok claudio (henning@)

rdate

  ~ ntp.c

  > * Bring rdate's SNTP support into compliance with SNTPv4 (RFC 2030).
  > * More robust handling of NTP error conditions (e.g. host or
  > service unreachable).
  > * Improve the detection of stale and/or spoofed NTP responses
  > from servers.
  > * Add support for getaddrinfo(3)'s multiple host support if
  > error conditions occur (e.g. round-robin DNS, and the first
  > NTP server isn't responding, try the next host in line).
  > * Minor formatting/code cleanup.
  > ok henning@ (alexander@)

tcpdump

  ~ privsep.c