[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-06-18

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Jun 19 08:00:38 BST 2004

etc/etc.alpha/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.alpha/MAKEDEV.md
gnu/usr.bin/cvs                         regress/usr.bin
sbin/route                              share/man
sys/arch/alpha/alpha                    sys/arch/alpha/pci
sys/dev/pci                             usr.bin/diff
usr.bin/patch                           usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/ntpd                           usr.sbin/tcpdump

== etc =============================================================== 01/08 ==

etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  > Regen. (miod@)

etc.alpha/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.alpha/MAKEDEV.md

  > Add /dev/crypto support. (miod@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/08 ==

usr.bin/cvs

  ~ man/cvs.5

  > tagortag -> tag or tag. From Fabio Olive Leite. (otto@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/08 ==

usr.bin

  ~ ssh/multiplex.sh

  > Use -S for scp/sftp to force the use of the ssh being tested.  ok
  > djm@,markus@ (dtucker@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

route

  ~ route.8

  > Make this better reflect reality; OK and with help from Cedric (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man8/man8.alpha/MAKEDEV.8

  > Regen. (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ conf.c

  > Add /dev/crypto support. (miod@)

arch/alpha/pci

  ~ sio_pic.c

  > Correct range validation in sio_iointr(). (miod@)

  > Avlab 4 Serial puc (henning@)

  > sync (henning@)

  ~ pucdata.c

  > Avlab PCI 4 Serial, takashi at crazyhack.net PR3823 (henning@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > Pass MAX_JUMBO_FRAME_SIZE as the size argument of bus_dmamap_create(),
  > fixes sending of jumbo frames.
  > ok henric@ drahn@ (mcbride@)

  ~ if_ti.c

  > Fix jumbo frames.
  > - Implement SIOCSIFMTU ioctl.
  > - Remove from the free list instead of the inuse list when allocating
  > jumbo buffers.
  > - Use TI_JUMBO_FRAMELEN as the size argument to bus_dmamap_create();
  > (mcbride@)

  ~ if_em.c                               ~ if_em.h

  > On architectures which have strict alignment, shift the entire mbuf chain
  > by
  > ETHER_ALIGN bytes when jumbo packets are enabled (mtu > ETHERMTU).
  > ok henric@ (slightly different diff) (mcbride@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

diff

  ~ diffreg.c

  > If a new hunk immediately follows the previous one, merge them
  > into a single hunk. This makes diff produce the same diff as gdiff
  > in more cases. Found by brad@ and sturm@ using the ports tree.
  > ok millert@ (otto@)

patch

  ~ patch.c

  > Unbreak handling of standard diffs (which have an empty context).
  > ok @millert (otto@)

ssh

  ~ sftp.c

  > Use execvp instead of execv so sftp -S ssh works.  "makes sense" markus@
  > (dtucker@)

  ~ ssh.c

  > delay signal handler setup until we have finished talking to the master.
  > allow interrupting of setup (e.g. if master is stuck); ok markus@ (djm@)

  ~ ssh.c                                 ~ ssh.1

  > trim synopsis for -S, allow -S and -oControlMaster, -MM means 'ask'; ok djm
  > (markus@)

  ~ channels.c                            ~ clientloop.c

  > clientloop.c (djm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

ntpd

  + ntpd.conf.5

  > bloody attempt at a manpage (henning@)

  ~ Makefile

  > ewps, add ntpd.conf.5 (henning@)

  ~ ntp.c                                 ~ ntpd.h
  ~ server.c

  > size struct pollfd and idx2peer dynamically instead of imposing an arbitary
  > limit on OPEN_MAX, modeled after bgpd (henning@)

tcpdump

  ~ privsep_fdpass.c