[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-06-26

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Jun 27 08:00:29 BST 2004

distrib/i386                            distrib/miniroot
distrib/sets                            etc/sysctl.conf
gnu/usr.bin/binutils                    lib/libc
lib/libkeynote                          regress/usr.bin
sbin/fdisk                              sbin/ifconfig
sbin/isakmpd                            sbin/newfs
sbin/pfctl                              sbin/route
sbin/scsi                               share/man
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/stand/libsa
sys/arch/m88k/m88k                      sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k
sys/crypto                              sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/netinet                             sys/stand
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/popa3d                         usr.sbin/ppp
usr.sbin/user

== distrib =========================================================== 01/10 ==

i386

  ~ common/install.md

  > Allow change of default console to first serial device during install. Used
  > in
  > i386 only at this time.
  > ok beck@ deraadt@ (krw@)

miniroot

  ~ install.sh                            ~ install.sub

  > Allow change of default console to first serial device during install. Used
  > in
  > i386 only at this time.
  > ok beck@ deraadt@ (krw@)

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/comp/mi
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/10 ==

sysctl.conf

  ~ sysctl.conf

  > Default enable udpencap. Add 'disable' sysctl to sysctl.conf. markus@ ok.
  > (ho@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/10 ==

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ opcodes/i386-dis.c

  > Fix merge error
  > ok drahn@ (tom@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/10 ==

  ~ ohash/ohash_interval.3

  > wording and formatting from jared yanovich; (jmc@)

libkeynote

  ~ keynote.3

  > kill whitespace at eol; (jmc@)

== regress =========================================================== 05/10 ==

usr.bin

  ~ ssh/reexec.sh

  > don't change the name of the copied sshd for the reexec fallback test,
  > makes
  > life simpler for portable (djm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/10 ==

fdisk

  ~ fdisk.8

  > new sentence, new line; (jmc@)

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > groups in usage() - from jared yanovich (pb@)

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > more netiso leftovers
  > by pointer from yared janovich
  > henning@ ok (pb@)

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > ignore IFGROUP errs in ifconfig -a for "too old" kernels right now (pb@)

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > Add option that allows to change timeslot range forn network card.
  > ok mcbride@ (alex@)

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > cleanup ioctl for ifgroups; ok pb@ (markus@)

isakmpd

  ~ sysdep/bsdi/Makefile.sysdep           ~ sysdep/darwin/GNUmakefile.sysdep
  ~ sysdep/darwin/Makefile.sysdep         ~ sysdep/freebsd/GNUmakefile.sysdep
  ~ sysdep/freebsd/Makefile.sysdep        ~ sysdep/linux/GNUmakefile.sysdep
  ~ sysdep/netbsd/GNUmakefile.sysdep      ~ sysdep/netbsd/Makefile.sysdep
  ~ sysdep/openbsd/GNUmakefile.sysdep     ~ sysdep/openbsd/Makefile.sysdep

  > Remove -DHAVE_GETNAMEINFO frome makefiles.
  > Pointed out by ho@ (mcbride@)

  ~ monitor.c                             ~ monitor.h
  ~ pf_key_v2.c                           ~ pf_key_v2.h
  ~ sysdep/openbsd/sysdep.c

  > Narrow down privsep interface.  Move pf_key_v2_open() to monitor.
  > Work in progress.
  > ok ho@ (hshoexer@)

  ~ isakmpd.conf.5

  > new sentence, new line; (jmc@)

newfs

  ~ mkfs.c                                ~ newfs.8
  ~ newfs.c

  > For all the mfs lovers:
  > - Make the root of an mfs file system inherit the permission and
  > owner/group of the mountpoint. Work by david at .  > - Add the ability to populate an mfs file system with the contents of a
  > directory or a file system immediately after creation, controlled
  > by the new -P mount option.
  > Discussed with and tested by many, ok djm@ david@ (otto@)

pfctl

  ~ parse.y

  > add back PF_INOUT, fixes reassemble tcp
  > ok canacar@ mcbride@ (david@)

route

  ~ route.8

  > grammar; (jmc@)

  ~ route.8

  > grammar, formatting, consistency, spelling, etc. from jared yanovich;
  > (jmc@)

scsi

  ~ scsi.8

  > Remove scsi(3) from SEE ALSO. ok deraadt@ (robert@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  + man4/san.4

  > Man page for Sangoma device driver.
  > ok mcbride@ (alex@)

  ~ man4/Makefile

  > Add supporting Sangoma device driver .
  > ok mcbride@ (alex@)

  ~ man4/san.4

  > Clean up.
  > ok david@ (alex@)

  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/agten.4

  > juen -> june; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/tun.4

  > - hyphenate 4-byte (adjectival)
  > - uppercase `e' in ethernet
  > - kill whitespace (jmc@)

  ~ man4/san.4

  > various fixes; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/strip.4

  > - full stop after etc
  > - better example
  > - -- -> \(em
  > - remove false comment
  > from jared yanovich; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/nsclpcsio.4

  > reword clumsy sentence; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/pci.4

  > Xr san (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

  ~ intr.c

  > deinline splraise, spllower and setsoftint.
  > Makes the kernel smaller and faster.
  > deraadt@ ok (art@)

  ~ db_disasm.c

  > pop is quad in 64-bit mode (andreas@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ intr.h

  > deinline splraise, spllower and setsoftint.
  > Makes the kernel smaller and faster.
  > deraadt@ ok (art@)

  > Add supporting Sangoma network device driver.
  > ok mcbride@ (alex@)

  ~ DISKLESS

  > Make this kernel config again. (miod@)

arch/i386/stand/libsa

  ~ Makefile                              ~ libsa.h
  + cpuprobe.c                            + cpuprobe.h

  > Initial stab at CPU identification code for i386 boot programs.  Added
  > to i386 libsa, but not yet used by boot etc.
  > ok weingart@ (tom@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ process.S

  > Fix alignment problem between savectx and __savectx. How could this have
  > ever worked? (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ m88110.c

  > When altering mmu registers, disable interrupts rather than splhigh().
  > (miod@)

crypto

  ~ xform.c

  > Ansification of defalte-/lsz-stubs.
  > ok jfb@ (hshoexer@)

dev/pci

  + if_san_common.c                       + if_san_common.h
  + if_san_front_end.h                    + if_san_obsd.c
  + if_san_obsd.h                         + if_san_te1.c
  + if_san_te1.h                          + if_san_xilinx.c
  + if_san_xilinx.h                       + if_sandrv.c
  + if_sandrv.h

  > Sangoma Network Device driver for AFT series card (initiali version).
  > ok mcbride@ (alex@)

  ~ files.pci

  > Add supporting Sangoma network driver.
  > ok mcbride@ (alex@)

  ~ if_san_common.c                       ~ if_san_common.h
  ~ if_san_front_end.h                    ~ if_san_obsd.c
  ~ if_san_obsd.h                         ~ if_san_te1.c
  ~ if_san_te1.h                          ~ if_san_xilinx.c
  ~ if_san_xilinx.h                       ~ if_sandrv.c
  ~ if_sandrv.h

  > $OpenBSD$ (mcbride@)

  ~ if_sandrv.c

  > KNF (mcbride@)

  ~ if_san_common.c                       ~ if_san_common.h

  > KNF (mcbride@)

  ~ if_san_obsd.c                         ~ if_san_obsd.h

  > KNF (mcbride@)

kern

  ~ kern_time.c

  > Don't sleep forever on short nanosleeps. (nordin@)

net

  ~ if_ethersubr.c

  > Add a table-driven implementation of ether_crc32_be().
  > From Seishi Hiragushi via FreeBSD PR kern/49957.
  > Also, while we're here, make the loop counter size_t.
  > ok mcbride@ (naddy@)

  ~ if.c                                  ~ if.h

  > cleanup ioctl for ifgroups; ok pb@ (markus@)

netinet

  ~ ipsec_output.c

  > Default enable udpencap. Add 'disable' sysctl to sysctl.conf. markus@ ok.
  > (ho@)

  ~ ip_ipcomp.c

  > only add ipcomp headers if we've actually compressed the payload; with jfb@
  > ok hshoexer, jfb (markus@)

  ~ ip_gre.c

  > use IF_INPUT_ENQUEUE
  > ok henning@, mcbride@ (pb@)

stand

  ~ boot/cmd.c

  > Simplify expression in loop.
  > ok deraadt@ (tom@)

sys

  ~ sockio.h

  > Add ioctl call SIOCSIFTIMESLOT/SIOCGIDTIMESLOT.
  > ok mcbride@ (alex@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

  ~ ssh.1

  > - remove double word
  > - rearrange .Bk to keep SYNOPSIS nice
  > - -M before -m in options description (jmc@)

  ~ ssh_config.5

  > punctuation and grammar fixes. also, keep the options in order. (jmc@)

  ~ sshd_config.5

  > new sentence, new line; (jmc@)

  ~ sshd.c

  > initialise some fd variables to -1, djm@ ok (avsm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 10/10 ==

popa3d

  ~ popa3d.8                              ~ startup.c

  > - sort options
  > - add -46 to usage() and sync w/ SYNOPSIS (jmc@)

ppp

  ~ ppp/ipcp.c                            ~ ppp/lcp.c

  > Fix strict aligenment issues in ppp lcp and ipcp handling.
  > More cleanup is needed. OK henning@ canacar@ (claudio@)

user

  ~ user.8

  > wordo; (jmc@)

  ~ useradd.8                             ~ usermgmt.conf.5
  ~ usermod.8