[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-03-01

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Mar 2 07:00:29 GMT 2004

distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
etc/root/root.mail                      gnu
gnu/usr.bin/binutils                    include/Makefile
lib/libc                                libexec/makewhatis
libexec/spamd                           libexec/spamlogd
regress/sys                             sbin/mount_portal
sbin/pfctl                              sbin/wsconsctl
sys/arch/sparc/conf                     sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/dev/wscons                          sys/nfs
usr.bin/nc                              usr.bin/tail
usr.sbin/bgpd                           usr.sbin/spamdb

== distrib =========================================================== 01/11 ==

  ~ packages

  > More details about running alien binaries under emulation, should you have
  > no choice. (miod@)

sets

  ~ lists/base/md.amd64                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/comp/md.alpha                   ~ lists/comp/md.amd64
  ~ lists/comp/md.cats                    ~ lists/comp/md.hp300
  ~ lists/comp/md.hppa                    ~ lists/comp/md.i386
  ~ lists/comp/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/comp/md.macppc
  ~ lists/comp/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/comp/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/comp/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/comp/md.pegasos
  ~ lists/comp/md.sparc                   ~ lists/comp/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/comp/md.vax                     ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/md.amd64                   ~ lists/base/md.cats
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/11 ==

root/root.mail

  ~ root/root.mail

  > tweaks from miod (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/11 ==

gnu

  ~ lib/Makefile

  > Build libf2c on gcc3 architectures, ok deraadt@ (drahn@)

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ gas/config/tc-i386.c

  > Correctly compute pc-relative relocation addend for amd64.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

== include =========================================================== 04/11 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

Makefile

  ~ Makefile

  > Enable gnu/lib/libf2c for 'make includes' with GCC3, for [fg]2c.h ok
  > deraadt@ (drahn@)

== lib =============================================================== 05/11 ==

  ~ arch/arm/SYS.h

  > fix weak aliases for _thread_sys functions, proper libpthead linking.
  > rewrittent to more closely model other archs. ok deraadt@ miod@ (drahn@)

  ~ arch/powerpc/gen/setjmp.S

  > longjmp should not return 0, if longjmp(..., 0) is invoked return 1.
  > ok miod@ deraadt@ (drahn@)

  ~ gen/setjmp.3

  > Be explicit about the return value of setjmp() when longjmp(..., 0) is
  > called.
  > ok tedu@ deraadt@ (otto@)

  ~ net/getaddrinfo.3

  > do not recommend a format string error..; pbastos at rdc.puc-rio.breraadt@)

== libexec =========================================================== 06/11 ==

makewhatis

  ~ makewhatis.pl

  > zap extra spaces. From a PR by Jared Yanovich. (espie@)

spamd

  ~ grey.c

  > uset inet_pton(3) instead of home grown address validator; some other
  > cleanup
  > ok beck@ (otto@)

  ~ spamd.8

  > typo; we do have spamlogd(8) not spamlog(8);
  > ok beck@ (xsa@)

spamlogd

  ~ spamlogd.c

  > uset inet_pton(3) instead of home grown address validator; some other
  > cleanup
  > ok beck@ (otto@)

== regress =========================================================== 07/11 ==

  ~ kern/noexec/Makefile

  > looks like powerpc will not do W^X for some time.. (deraadt@)

  ~ kern/noexec/Makefile

  > oops (deraadt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 08/11 ==

mount_portal

  ~ pt_tcp.c

  > rewrite featuring IP6 support from Pedro Martelletto
  > <pbastos at rdc.puc-rio.br  > ok deraadt@ (tedu@)

pfctl

  ~ parse.y

  > support "tagged <name>" on anchor rules, suggested by vd at vmunix.lt  > ok henning@, cedric@ (dhartmei@)

wsconsctl

  ~ util.c

  > Define a wsdisplay type for rfx; ok deraadt@ (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 09/11 ==

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ RAMDISK

  > rfx fits on the installation media. (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ rfx.c

  > Define a wsdisplay type for rfx; ok deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ rfx.c

  > More readable DAC programming. (miod@)

  ~ rfx.c

  > Initialize the frame buffer when the PROM did not do this on our behalf.
  > (miod@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wsconsio.h

  > Define a wsdisplay type for rfx; ok deraadt@ (miod@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_vnops.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_4
  > MFC:
  > Fix by millert@
  > Defer use of NFS_ISV3 macro in nfs_link until sanity checks have been done.
  > Fixes a panic that can occur when trying to link from a local filesystem
  > to an nfs-mounted one.  Problem pointed out by Jim Rees, fix exists
  > in Net and Free.
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

  ~ nfs_vnops.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_3
  > MFC:
  > Fix by millert@
  > Defer use of NFS_ISV3 macro in nfs_link until sanity checks have been done.
  > Fixes a panic that can occur when trying to link from a local filesystem
  > to an nfs-mounted one.  Problem pointed out by Jim Rees, fix exists
  > in Net and Free.
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 10/11 ==

nc

  ~ nc.1                                  ~ netcat.c

  > resolve pr3694.  add -d [etached] to ignore stdin.	ok henning@ mcbride@
  > (tedu@)

tail

  ~ forward.c

  > Unbreak file truncation handling. Resolves PR 3689.
  > ok tdeval@ millert@ (otto@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 11/11 ==

  ~ bgpd.h                                ~ parse.y
  ~ rde.c                                 ~ rde.h
  ~ rde_decide.c                          ~ rde_rib.c

  > Make it possible to diable the decision process. This is a feature only
  > useful
  > for route-collectors. OK henning@ (claudio@)

  ~ parse.y                               ~ printconf.c

  > Sync printconfig.c with parse.y. OK henning@ (claudio@)

  ~ session.h

  > Forgotten in the last commit. Sync printconfig and parser. (claudio@)

  ~ bgpd.c

  > Arrrg. Not my day. Sync printconfig with parser here too. (claudio@)

  ~ parse.y                               ~ printconf.c
  ~ rde_attr.c

  > KNF (henning@)

  ~ parse.y

  > make sure AS doesn't exceed upper bound, issue pointed out by
  > Brent Graveland <brent at graveland.nethenning@)

  ~ printconf.c

  > don't print empty descr (henning@)

  ~ rde_filter.c                          ~ rde_update.c

  > spelling (deraadt@)

spamdb

  ~ spamdb.8                              ~ spamdb.c