[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-10-31

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Nov 1 07:07:12 GMT 2004

share/man                               sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/mii                             sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             usr.bin/calendar
usr.sbin/dhcpd                          usr.sbin/pkg_add

== share ============================================================= 01/04 ==

  ~ man4/aue.4

  > add some aue devices found in the linux driver (jsg@)

== sys =============================================================== 02/04 ==

  ~ xl.c

  > don't swap zeros (brad@)

dev/mii

  ~ brgphy.c

  > rev 1.68
  > Add support for BCM5705K
  > rev 1.74
  > Add support for the BCM5750/5751.  Unfortunately the documentation
  > I have from Broadcom does not give much information on these devices,
  > so the Broadcom Linux driver was used for clues to what these chips
  > support.  It turns out they are similar to the 5705 with the 5751
  > being the PCI-Express version and needing special work-arounds and
  > settings.
  > From FreeBSD (brad@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_bge.c                              ~ if_bgereg.h

  > rev 1.68
  > Add support for BCM5705K
  > rev 1.74
  > Add support for the BCM5750/5751.  Unfortunately the documentation
  > I have from Broadcom does not give much information on these devices,
  > so the Broadcom Linux driver was used for clues to what these chips
  > support.  It turns out they are similar to the 5705 with the 5751
  > being the PCI-Express version and needing special work-arounds and
  > settings.
  > From FreeBSD (brad@)

dev/usb

  ~ usbdevs

  > aue devices found in linux driver (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ if_aue.c

  > add some aue devices found in the linux driver (jsg@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > from netbsd: ehci.c revision 1.82
  > Make sure to update the data toggle on short transfers.
  > This makes my Ethernet adapter much happier. (dlg@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > from netbsd: ehci.c revision 1.83
  > No need to generate an interrupt at the data part of a control transfer,
  > it's generated by the status transfer. (dlg@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > from netbsd: ehci.c revisions 1.185 and 1.187:
  > Follow the spec more closely when updating the overlay qTD in the QH.
  > Preserve some bits in the overlay qTD. (dlg@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > from netbsd: ehci.c revision 1.69
  > hcpriv is not actually used here.  Remove references to it. (dlg@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > netbsd reduced their difference to us in revision 1.76. they use
  > usb_lockmgr
  > like us, so get rid of the ifdefs. (dlg@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > fix some comments, spelling and printfs (dlg@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > from netbsd: ehci.c revision 1.84
  > Only delay interrupt my 2 miucroframes instead of 8.  This improves
  > Ethernet performance. (dlg@)

  ~ ugen.c                                ~ usb_subr.c
  ~ usbdi_util.h

  > from netbsd via freebsd via jsg@
  > usbdi_util.h (1.29), uhid.c (1.62), ugen.c (1.68), usb_subr.c (1.114)
  > Yes, some devices return incorrect lengths in their string
  > descriptors.  Rather than losing, do what Windows does: just
  > request the maximum size, and allow a shorter response.  Obsoletes
  > the need for UQ_NO_STRINGS, and therefore these "quirks" are removed.
  > usb_subr.c (1.116)
  > In the "seemed like a good idea until I found the fatal flaw"
  > department...  Attempting to read a maximum-size string descriptor
  > causes my kue device to go completely apeshit.  So, go back to the
  > original method, but allow the device to return a shorter string than
  > it claimed. (dlg@)

  ~ usb_quirks.c

  > UQ_NO_STRINGS no longer needed, ok dlg (jsg@)

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > more devices from FreeBSD and NetBSD (jsg@)

  ~ usb_quirks.c

  > sync with quirks from FreeBSD and NetBSD, ok dlg (jsg@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 03/04 ==

calendar

  ~ calendars/calendar.holiday

  > do not dupe a pagan entry here (mickey@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 04/04 ==

dhcpd

  ~ dhcpd.8                               ~ dhcpd.c
  ~ dhcpd.h                               ~ dispatch.c

  > change the undocumented -t flag to -n used for configuration testing
  > and document it. cleanup some unused/unneeded variables while there.
  > idea & ok henning@ (canacar@)

pkg_add

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ pkg_delete

  > Erase old code (espie@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ pkg_delete
  + OpenBSD/Delete.pm

  > Move most of the code of pkg_delete into a separate module so that it will
  > be usable by pkg_add -r. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ pkg_delete
  ~ OpenBSD/PackingElement.pm

  > Simplify ldconfig handling: one single ensure_ldconfig routine that
  > reruns ldconfig -R (okay, we don't check that -m would be enough, so what
  > ?)
  > First hooks for -r: check that replacement should work. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm