[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-11-09

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Nov 10 07:00:26 GMT 2004

bin/ksh                                 distrib/sets
libexec/talkd                           sbin/pfctl
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/dev
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/arm/arm
sys/arch/hppa/hppa                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k                sys/arch/m88k/m88k
sys/arch/macppc/macppc                  sys/arch/mips64/mips64
sys/arch/mvme88k/dev                    sys/arch/mvme88k/include
sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k                sys/arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    sys/arch/vax/vax
sys/dev/sbus                            sys/dev/usb
sys/net                                 usr.bin/vmstat
usr.sbin/bgpd                           usr.sbin/pkg_add

== bin =============================================================== 01/08 ==

ksh

  ~ sh.1tbl

  > /bin/sh supports PS1 expansion; (jmc@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/08 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.i386
  ~ lists/base/md.luna88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.sparc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.vax
  ~ lists/comp/mi                         ~ lists/man/md.alpha
  ~ lists/man/md.amd64                    ~ lists/man/md.cats
  ~ lists/man/md.hp300                    ~ lists/man/md.hppa
  ~ lists/man/md.i386                     ~ lists/man/md.macppc
  ~ lists/man/md.mvmeppc                  ~ lists/man/md.sgi
  ~ lists/man/md.sparc                    ~ lists/man/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== libexec =========================================================== 03/08 ==

talkd

  ~ table.c

  > Avoid use after free(), slight optimization. From Patrick Latifi.
  > ok tom@ deraadt@ (otto@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

pfctl

  ~ pfctl_parser.c

  > do not assume entries in pf_timeouts[] are ordererd like PFTM_* in pfvar.h
  > reported by Alexey E. Suslikov, ok henning@ (dhartmei@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/ray.4

  > whitespace; (jmc@)

  ~ man9/evcount.9

  > tweaks;
  > ok jaredy@ (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ray.4                            ~ man4/wi.4tbl
  ~ man4/man4.alpha/intro.4               ~ man4/man4.amd64/intro.4
  ~ man4/man4.cats/intro.4                ~ man4/man4.hppa/intro.4
  ~ man4/man4.i386/intro.4                ~ man4/man4.macppc/intro.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/intro.4               ~ man4/man4.sparc64/intro.4

  > add missing wireless adapters, and sync w/ .Nd;
  > suggested by alexey e. suslikov;
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.sparc/intro.4

  > whitespace; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/systrace.4

  > flurry of updates:
  > - minor mdoc tweaks
  > - add an example
  > - sync header excerpts to reality
  > - document STRIOCSCRIPTNAME
  > - add a CAVEAT
  > - clarify an issue regarding STRIOCPOLICY/NEW
  > tweaks and ok from millert, jmc, marius (jaredy@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/alpha/dev

  ~ bus_dma.c                             ~ sgmap_typedep.c

  > Do not map empty mbufs (m_len == 0) in bus_dmamap_load_mbuf() as these
  > mappings
  > may disturb the dma as seen in ipw(4). Emtpy mbufs are at the beginning of
  > the
  > mbuf chain and are as example a "side-effect" of a previous m_adj() call.
  > OK miod@ mickey@ jason@ markus@ (claudio@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Do not map empty mbufs (m_len == 0) in bus_dmamap_load_mbuf() as these
  > mappings
  > may disturb the dma as seen in ipw(4). Emtpy mbufs are at the beginning of
  > the
  > mbuf chain and are as example a "side-effect" of a previous m_adj() call.
  > OK miod@ mickey@ jason@ markus@ (claudio@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Do not map empty mbufs (m_len == 0) in bus_dmamap_load_mbuf() as these
  > mappings
  > may disturb the dma as seen in ipw(4). Emtpy mbufs are at the beginning of
  > the
  > mbuf chain and are as example a "side-effect" of a previous m_adj() call.
  > OK miod@ mickey@ jason@ markus@ (claudio@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ mainbus.c

  > Do not map empty mbufs (m_len == 0) in bus_dmamap_load_mbuf() as these
  > mappings
  > may disturb the dma as seen in ipw(4). Emtpy mbufs are at the beginning of
  > the
  > mbuf chain and are as example a "side-effect" of a previous m_adj() call.
  > OK miod@ mickey@ jason@ markus@ (claudio@)

  > Do not map empty mbufs (m_len == 0) in bus_dmamap_load_mbuf() as these
  > mappings
  > may disturb the dma as seen in ipw(4). Emtpy mbufs are at the beginning of
  > the
  > mbuf chain and are as example a "side-effect" of a previous m_adj() call.
  > OK miod@ mickey@ jason@ markus@ (claudio@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ machdep.c

  > Luna88k does not have an iomap, so kill all iomap related defines, and
  > move the mapiodev()/unmapiodev() code back to mvme88k. (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Luna88k does not have an iomap, so kill all iomap related defines, and
  > move the mapiodev()/unmapiodev() code back to mvme88k. (miod@)

  ~ trap.c

  > Kill guarded_access() - the way we map OBIO, there is no need for special
  > treatement of interrupt vectors variables, a simple read will do.
  > While there, speed up the interrupt handlers a bit:
  > - remove old debug code or only compile it if option DEBUG.
  > - use short circuits for setipl() if we know interrupts are disabled at
  > this point: there is no need playing with the psr in these cases. (miod@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ dma.c

  > Do not map empty mbufs (m_len == 0) in bus_dmamap_load_mbuf() as these
  > mappings
  > may disturb the dma as seen in ipw(4). Emtpy mbufs are at the beginning of
  > the
  > mbuf chain and are as example a "side-effect" of a previous m_adj() call.
  > OK miod@ mickey@ jason@ markus@ (claudio@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ trap.c

  > Fix single-stepping.
  > ok miod@ (kettenis@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  ~ mainbus.c

  > Luna88k does not have an iomap, so kill all iomap related defines, and
  > move the mapiodev()/unmapiodev() code back to mvme88k. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Split {get,set,raise}ipl() into per-board implementations. (miod@)

  ~ locore.h

  > Kill guarded_access() - the way we map OBIO, there is no need for special
  > treatement of interrupt vectors variables, a simple read will do.
  > While there, speed up the interrupt handlers a bit:
  > - remove old debug code or only compile it if option DEBUG.
  > - use short circuits for setipl() if we know interrupts are disabled at
  > this point: there is no need playing with the psr in these cases. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ m187_machdep.c                        ~ m188_machdep.c
  ~ m197_machdep.c                        ~ machdep.c

  > Split {get,set,raise}ipl() into per-board implementations. (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Kill more unused stuff. (miod@)

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Do not map empty mbufs (m_len == 0) in bus_dmamap_load_mbuf() as these
  > mappings
  > may disturb the dma as seen in ipw(4). Emtpy mbufs are at the beginning of
  > the
  > mbuf chain and are as example a "side-effect" of a previous m_adj() call.
  > OK miod@ mickey@ jason@ markus@ (claudio@)

  ~ locore.S                              ~ m187_machdep.c
  ~ m188_machdep.c                        ~ m197_machdep.c

  > Kill guarded_access() - the way we map OBIO, there is no need for special
  > treatement of interrupt vectors variables, a simple read will do.
  > While there, speed up the interrupt handlers a bit:
  > - remove old debug code or only compile it if option DEBUG.
  > - use short circuits for setipl() if we know interrupts are disabled at
  > this point: there is no need playing with the psr in these cases. (miod@)

arch/mvmeppc/mvmeppc

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Do not map empty mbufs (m_len == 0) in bus_dmamap_load_mbuf() as these
  > mappings
  > may disturb the dma as seen in ipw(4). Emtpy mbufs are at the beginning of
  > the
  > mbuf chain and are as example a "side-effect" of a previous m_adj() call.
  > OK miod@ mickey@ jason@ markus@ (claudio@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ ce4231.c

  > Always free memory on failure in c{e,s}4231_alloc(); from Patrick Lafiti.
  > (miod@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ bus_dma.c

  > Do not map empty mbufs (m_len == 0) in bus_dmamap_load_mbuf() as these
  > mappings
  > may disturb the dma as seen in ipw(4). Emtpy mbufs are at the beginning of
  > the
  > mbuf chain and are as example a "side-effect" of a previous m_adj() call.
  > OK miod@ mickey@ jason@ markus@ (claudio@)

dev/sbus

  ~ cs4231.c

  > Always free memory on failure in c{e,s}4231_alloc(); from Patrick Lafiti.
  > (miod@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_atu.c                              ~ if_atureg.h

  > remove useless bpf code. removes dependancy on code from an(4). (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c

  > fix the url pointing to the original atuwi driver. pointed out by Dries
  > Schellekens. (dlg@)

net

  ~ if_tun.c

  > use NULL instead of 0 for poiter comparisions,
  > from "Alexey E. Suslikov" <cruel at texnika.com.uaith a little help from
  > itojun (henning@)

  ~ if_tun.c

  > big KNF spanking, no change in object file, ecstatic ok from claudio
  > (henning@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

vmstat

  ~ vmstat.c

  > use warn() instead of printf() + strerror()
  > ok hshoexer@ jaredy@ deraadt@ (pedro@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

  ~ bgpd.conf.5

  > in the list of RIRs:
  > -add LACNIC
  > -RIPE serves more than just europe, and ARIN more than north america
  > -order alphabetically
  > From: Klaus Steding-Jessen <jessen at nic.brhenning@)

pkg_add

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm

  > remove code we don't use. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm

  > don't keep libraries whose version numbers are not needed. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm

  > save dir in plist, not state (unconfuse script operations when several
  > plists are present).
  > Encapsulate `extract' operation in `extract_with_pm' to allow progress
  > meter
  > to do something sensible when replacing packages. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/PackingList.pm

  > avoid scanning the whole packing-list when looking for info that are
  > at the top anyways: recent packages have arch markers, and are in `normal
  > order'. First cwd we meet, we're out.
  > (speeds up the scanning of conflicts by 4 or 5). (espie@)

  ~ pkg_info                              ~ pkg_info.1

  > -s option, grange's request. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm

  > kill dup code (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add

  > alternate between package names correctly when replacing a package.
  > (espie@)

  - OpenBSD/Logger.pm                     ~ Makefile
  ~ pkg_delete                            ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm

  > kill old Logger interface, use $state->print() to report problems at
  > end exclusively now. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_info

  > -s seamless with other options: let it work with -a, let it be on for -v.
  > Count totalsize, and display it at end if > 1 package. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm

  > oops, dropped one line I shouldn't have. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm