[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-11-14

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Nov 15 07:05:24 GMT 2004

sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== sys =============================================================== 01/02 ==

  ~ aic79xx_openbsd.h                     ~ aic79xx_openbsd.c
  ~ aic79xx.c                             ~ aic79xx.h

  > More NetBSD cruft removal, starting with 'struct ahd_pci_busdata' and
  > the fallout from that. Ensure pcireg_t variables are being used with
  > pci_conf_read/write functions - found one uint16_t variable
  > (pcix_status) being used to store and restore (32 bit) pcireg_t
  > values.
  > Some KNF.
  > No functional changes. (krw@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_re.c

  > fix typo, trim extra empty line (pvalchev@)

  ~ ahd_pci.c

  > More NetBSD cruft removal, starting with 'struct ahd_pci_busdata' and
  > the fallout from that. Ensure pcireg_t variables are being used with
  > pci_conf_read/write functions - found one uint16_t variable
  > (pcix_status) being used to store and restore (32 bit) pcireg_t
  > values.
  > Some KNF.
  > No functional changes. (krw@)

  ~ ahd_pci.c

  > KNF large chunks of tab-free code discovered while working on previous
  > commit. Whitespace, line break and declaration shuffling changes only.
  > (krw@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 02/02 ==

  ~ pkg_delete                            ~ OpenBSD/PackageInfo.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/RequiredBy.pm                 ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm

  > let RequiredBy generate lists directly, use hashes to trim down duplicates
  > directly. Optimize for !wantarray, by telling whether the list is empty or
  > not.
  > prepare for a second similar list (REQUIRING) that will replace pkgdep,
  > since
  > pkg_add -r spends a hell of a lot of its time reading/writing long
  > packing-lists...
  > Use the simplified interface.
  > Remove quite a few tests that the RequiredBy list is non-empty that do
  > nothing but obfuscate the code: just deal with the damn list already.
  > (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ pkg_add.1
  ~ pkg_delete                            ~ pkg_delete.1
  ~ OpenBSD/ProgressMeter.pm

  > turn on progress meter by default, use -x to disable it.
  > document the new stuff, partial reorder of options. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add.1

  > don't try to tell exactly what gets copied into /var/db/pkg, since this
  > changes over time. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add

  > cosmetic (espie@)

  ~ pkg_info                              ~ pkg_info.1

  > -K -L option that prefixes each file name with keyword. (espie@)

  ~ TODO

  > current unsolved issues. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ pkg_delete

  > allows for several -f options, since OpenBSD::Getopt makes this possible
  > (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/PackageInfo.pm

  > make sure REQUIRING file is an integral part of what we do. (espie@)

  ~ pkg_add                               ~ OpenBSD/Delete.pm
  ~ OpenBSD/Update.pm

  > stop storing @pkdep into packing-lists, use separate REQUIRING file
  > instead.
  > Cases where we need to tweak dependencies are well-delimited, and we simply
  > convert the old installed package to the new model in one step. (espie@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Add.pm                        ~ OpenBSD/CollisionReport.pm