[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-11-28

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Nov 29 07:00:44 GMT 2004

distrib/miniroot                        distrib/sets
lib/libc                                libexec/ftpd
sbin/ifconfig                           sbin/newfs
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/include
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/arm/include
sys/arch/hp300/hp300                    sys/arch/hppa/include
sys/arch/i386/include                   sys/arch/m68k/include
sys/arch/m88k/include                   sys/arch/mac68k/dev
sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k                  sys/arch/macppc/dev
sys/arch/macppc/include                 sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/mvmeppc/include                sys/arch/sparc/include
sys/arch/sparc64/include                sys/arch/vax/include
sys/conf                                sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/raidframe
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/lib/libkern                         sys/net
sys/netinet                             sys/sys
usr.bin/vmstat

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > When dhcp configuration is attempted add the network interface to a
  > 'dhcp' group . Present 'dhcp' as the default value for the ip address
  > of interfaces in the 'dhcp' group, not the address the previous dhcp
  > configuration might have obtained. Makes it 'safer' to restart
  > installs after network configuration.
  > Suggested by/ok mickey@, ok deraadt@, henning at .rw@)

sets

  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/07 ==

  ~ quad/Makefile.inc                     ~ quad/quad.h

  > support for syncing into libkern; tedu@ millert@ ok (mickey@)

  ~ string/bcmp.c                         ~ string/bzero.c
  ~ string/strcat.c                       ~ string/strcmp.c
  ~ string/strcpy.c                       ~ string/strncmp.c
  ~ string/strncpy.c

  > repair libkern support (again) and add rcsids (mickey@)

== libexec =========================================================== 03/07 ==

ftpd

  ~ Makefile                              ~ extern.h
  ~ ftpcmd.y                              ~ ftpd.c
  + monitor.c                             + monitor.h
  + monitor_fdpass.c

  > privilege seperate ftpd
  > handle the pre-authentication phase (minus a tiny tiny tiny amount
  > of code after accept()) in an unprivileged process, asking the
  > privileged monitor for help where needed.
  > work by Moritz Jodeit <moritz at jodeit.orgith help from theo and me
  > tests theo ian@ matthieu@ ben at networkinsanity.comschlichting at lemarit.com  > (henning@)

  ~ ftpd.c                                ~ monitor.c

  > fix ttyline setting, fixes proctitle.
  > notice independently by theo and pval, fix from moritz jodeit (henning@)

  ~ ftpd.8

  > remove no longer appropriate bugs section (henning@)

  ~ ftpd.c

  > bump version (henning@)

  ~ monitor.c

  > slave_pid -1 by default, not 0, and reset to -1 when it goes away, with
  > theo (henning@)

  ~ logutmp.c                             ~ logwtmp.c

  > use gettimeofday() instead of time() in functions called from signal
  > handlers; henning ok (deraadt@)

  ~ ftpd.c

  > logging fixes:
  > -don't prefix ftpd: in syslog(), it does that for us
  > -replace a bad (too late) err() by syslog + exit
  > from moritz (henning@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/07 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.8                            ~ ifconfig.c

  > In kernel pppoe client, a simple IPv4 only implementation.
  > Initial porting from NetBSD by David Berghoff.
  > Modified/simplified to match our sppp implementation.
  > ok deraadt@ (canacar@)

newfs

  ~ newfs.8

  > 1 inode per 8192 bytes now (tedu@)

== share ============================================================= 05/07 ==

  ~ man9/Makefile                         ~ man9/doshutdownhooks.9
  ~ man9/dostartuphooks.9                 ~ man9/hook_establish.9
  + man9/domountroothooks.9               + man9/mountroothook_establish.9

  > document the mountroothooks (deraadt@)

  ~ man9/doshutdownhooks.9                ~ man9/dostartuphooks.9
  ~ man9/hook_establish.9

  > sort SEE ALSO; (jmc@)

  ~ man9/domountroothooks.9

  > remove .Xr to self in SEE ALSO; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/07 ==

arch/alpha/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/arm/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/hp300/hp300

  ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Correct pmap_enter() flags usage. (miod@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/m68k/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/mac68k/dev

  ~ nubus.c

  > Correct pmap_enter() flags usage. (miod@)

arch/mac68k/mac68k

  ~ bus_space.c                           ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Correct pmap_enter() flags usage. (miod@)

arch/macppc/dev

  ~ ams.c

  > Prevent ADB devices other than mices of generating "extended" protocol
  > events.
  > This fixes a problem with some iBooks were the touchpad generates a
  > button6 event everytime the pad is touched.
  > Based on my observations and a similar patch from Aymeric Vincent
  > for NetBSD. Enhancements and ok miod@ (matthieu@)

arch/macppc/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/mvmeppc/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > MAXSLP is not really an MD-configurable define so move it to param.h; miod@
  > testing (mickey@)

conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files

  > In kernel pppoe client, a simple IPv4 only implementation.
  > Initial porting from NetBSD by David Berghoff.
  > Modified/simplified to match our sppp implementation.
  > ok deraadt@ (canacar@)

dev/ic

  ~ dc.c

  > rev 1.74
  > Fix if_timer logic to make sure that there is always a timeout
  > pending if there are packets queued for transmission.
  > From FreeBSD
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_lmc.c                              ~ if_san_obsd.c

  > In kernel pppoe client, a simple IPv4 only implementation.
  > Initial porting from NetBSD by David Berghoff.
  > Modified/simplified to match our sppp implementation.
  > ok deraadt@ (canacar@)

dev/raidframe

  ~ rf_openbsdkintf.c

  > don't hide the process context in rf_close_component(), since we may
  > need it later on to do locking stuff. fixes the problem with raid
  > reconstruction, as described in pr 3968. ok mickey@ tedu@ tdeval@ (pedro@)

  ~ rf_openbsdkintf.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_6
  > MFC:
  > Fix from pedro@
  > don't hide the process context in rf_close_component(), since we may
  > need it later on to do locking stuff. fixes the problem with raid
  > reconstruction, as described in pr 3968.
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_kue.c

  > kue(4) uses loadfirmware(9), but usb threaded probing starts before
  > root is mounted.  split up kue_attach() so that if in the worst case...
  > it knows how to defer the second part until after the filesystem is up
  > tested by maja, idea ok from miod (deraadt@)

  ~ usbdevs                               ~ uvisor.c

  > garmin palm device; from openbsd at st.thrush.comvalchev@)

  > sync (pvalchev@)

kern

  ~ init_main.c                           ~ kern_subr.c

  > mountroothooks are called after the root filesystem is mounted. (deraadt@)

lib/libkern

  ~ Makefile

  > a tiny hppa64 bit (mickey@)

  ~ adddi3.c                              ~ anddi3.c
  ~ ashldi3.c                             ~ ashrdi3.c
  ~ bcmp.c                                ~ bzero.c
  ~ cmpdi2.c                              ~ divdi3.c
  ~ ffs.c                                 ~ htonl.c
  ~ htons.c                               ~ iordi3.c
  ~ lshldi3.c                             ~ lshrdi3.c
  ~ moddi3.c                              ~ muldi3.c
  ~ negdi2.c                              ~ notdi2.c
  ~ ntohl.c                               ~ ntohs.c
  ~ qdivrem.c                             ~ quad.h
  ~ strcat.c                              ~ strcmp.c
  ~ strcpy.c                              ~ strlen.c
  ~ strncmp.c                             ~ strncpy.c
  ~ subdi3.c                              ~ ucmpdi2.c
  ~ udivdi3.c                             ~ umoddi3.c
  ~ xordi3.c

  > sync from libc (mickey@)

net

  ~ pf.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_6
  > MFC:
  > Fix by dhartmei@
  > fix a bug that leads to a crash when binat rules of the form
  > 'binat from ... to ... -> (if)' are used, where the interface
  > is dynamic. reported by kos(at)bastard(dot)net, analyzed by
  > Pyun YongHyeon
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

  ~ pf.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_5
  > MFC:
  > Fix by dhartmei@
  > fix a bug that leads to a crash when binat rules of the form
  > 'binat from ... to ... -> (if)' are used, where the interface
  > is dynamic. reported by kos(at)bastard(dot)net, analyzed by
  > Pyun YongHyeon
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ethersubr.c                        ~ if_sppp.h
  ~ if_spppsubr.c                         ~ netisr.h
  ~ netisr_dispatch.h                     + if_pppoe.c
  + if_pppoe.h

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_5
  > In kernel pppoe client, a simple IPv4 only implementation.
  > Initial porting from NetBSD by David Berghoff.
  > Modified/simplified to match our sppp implementation.
  > ok deraadt@ (canacar@)

netinet

  ~ ip_carp.c

  > Reverse bogus sc == NULL check in CARP_LOG(), from Max Laier. (mcbride@)