[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-09-16

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Sep 17 08:00:36 BST 2004

bin/ls                                  bin/mt
bin/sleep                               bin/stty
distrib/common                          distrib/miniroot
distrib/notes                           lib/libc
lib/libutil                             libexec/comsat
libexec/ftp-proxy                       libexec/identd
libexec/rpc.rstatd                      libexec/spamd-setup
libexec/spamlogd                        regress/lib
sbin/atactl                             sbin/kbd
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/conf
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/arm/footbridge
sys/arch/cats/cats                      sys/arch/cats/conf
sys/arch/hp300/conf                     sys/arch/hppa/conf
sys/arch/hppa/hppa                      sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/luna88k/conf                   sys/arch/mac68k/conf
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/mips64/mips64                  sys/arch/mvme68k/conf
sys/arch/mvme88k/conf                   sys/arch/mvmeppc/conf
sys/arch/sgi/conf                       sys/arch/sgi/include
sys/arch/sgi/localbus                   sys/arch/sgi/sgi
sys/arch/sgi/stand                      sys/arch/sgi/stand/boot
sys/arch/sgi/stand/libkern              sys/arch/sgi/stand/libsa
sys/arch/sgi/stand/libz                 sys/arch/sparc/conf
sys/arch/sparc64/conf                   sys/arch/sparc64/include
sys/arch/vax/conf                       sys/compat/common
sys/dev/i2o                             sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/pcmcia
sys/dev/tc                              sys/kern
sys/net                                 sys/netinet
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/ftp
usr.bin/grep                            usr.sbin/authpf
usr.sbin/bgpctl                         usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/cron                           usr.sbin/dhcpd
usr.sbin/ntpd                           usr.sbin/pkg_add
usr.sbin/rwhod                          usr.sbin/tcpdump

== bin =============================================================== 01/10 ==

ls

  ~ ls.1

  > Use angle bracket macros instead of literal angle brackets.  OK jmc@
  > (millert@)

mt

  ~ mtrmt.c

  > ARGSUSED on signal handler (deraadt@)

sleep

  ~ sleep.c

  > ARGSUSED on signal handler (deraadt@)

stty

  ~ modes.c

  > de-lint (long vs int vs unsigned); otto ok (deraadt@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/10 ==

common

  ~ elfrdsetroot.c

  > mips64 is ELFSIZE 64. ok deraadt@ (pefo@)

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Set the console device speed before instead of after selecting it as the
  > console. Fixes booting on Soekris net4501 without a cable connected.
  > ok tom@ markus@ (mcbride@)

  > Add luna88k and sgi to the allarchs target. (miod@)

  ~ macppc/hardware

  > iBook G4 (brad@)

  ~ amd64/hardware                        ~ cats/hardware
  ~ i386/hardware

  > Intel 6300ESB pciide. (grange@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/10 ==

  ~ net/getservent.c

  > ansi (deraadt@)

  ~ net/getservbyname.c

  > ansi (deraadt@)

  ~ gen/login_cap.c

  > unused variable killed (deraadt@)

  ~ sys/Makefile.inc

  > add files missing for building a proper lint library (deraadt@)

  ~ hash/helper.c

  > Fix MD5FileChunk() when passed a 0 length; makes MD5File() work again.
  > From Peter Galbavy. (millert@)

  ~ stdio/vfprintf.c

  > Handle ll's correctly for positional args. Problem spotted by hin@,
  > ok henning@ millert@ deraadt@ (otto@)

libutil

  ~ fmt_scaled.c

  > fix 1099512676352 -> 2.0T; ok miod@ (otto@)

== libexec =========================================================== 04/10 ==

comsat

  ~ comsat.c

  > more signal flag races; ok miod@ (otto@)

ftp-proxy

  ~ getline.c

  > more unsigned char (deraadt@)

identd

  - error.h                               ~ identd.c
  ~ identd.h                              ~ openbsd.c
  ~ parse.c

  > i hate macros with 50 , :? and ())()()((()())); otto ok (deraadt@)

rpc.rstatd

  ~ rstatd.c

  > more signal flag races; ok miod@ (otto@)

spamd-setup

  ~ spamd-setup.c

  > clean C for a change (deraadt@)

spamlogd

  ~ spamlogd.c

  > remove unused variables (deraadt@)

== regress =========================================================== 05/10 ==

lib

  ~ libutil/fmt_scaled/fmt_test.c

  > new regression found in the wild: 1099512676352 -> 2.0T; fixed a minute
  > ago. (otto@)

  ~ libc/sprintf/sprintf_test.c

  > Test ll's with positional args. (otto@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/10 ==

atactl

  ~ atactl.c

  > remove unused variables (deraadt@)

kbd

  ~ main.c

  > prettier simple code; mcbride ok (deraadt@)

  ~ kbd_wscons.c

  > shrink the code in the -DNOKVM case (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  ~ man4/man4.hppa/runway.4               ~ man4/man4.hppa/uturn.4

  > some more meat (mickey@)

  ~ man4/Makefile                         + man4/piixpm.4

  > Add man page for piixpm(4). (grange@)

  ~ man5/bsd.port.mk.5

  > document WRKCONF. (espie@)

  ~ man4/man4.hppa/io.4

  > missing comma in SEE ALSO; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ RAMDISKB                              ~ RAMDISKBIG
  ~ files.alpha

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISKBIG

  > spacing (deraadt@)

arch/alpha/include

  ~ internal_types.h

  > Rely upon __LP64__ to choose {U,}LONG_{MIN,MAX} values, rather than a
  > homegrown define.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ GENERIC.MP
  ~ RAMDISK                               ~ RAMDISK_CD
  ~ files.amd64

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

  ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > spacing (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ internal_types.h

  > Rely upon __LP64__ to choose {U,}LONG_{MIN,MAX} values, rather than a
  > homegrown define.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/arm/footbridge

  ~ footbridge_clock.c

  > Remove remnants of dale's debugled() code, and quiet early boot process
  > more.
  > ok drahn@ (miod@)

arch/cats/cats

  ~ cats_machdep.c

  > Remove remnants of dale's debugled() code, and quiet early boot process
  > more.
  > ok drahn@ (miod@)

arch/cats/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > spacing (deraadt@)

arch/hp300/conf

  ~ DISKLESS                              ~ GENERIC
  ~ RAMDISK                               ~ files.hp300

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

arch/hppa/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ mainbus.c

  > stupid propagated typo (mickey@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ DISKLESS                              ~ GENERIC
  ~ GENERIC.MP                            ~ RAMDISK
  ~ RAMDISKB                              ~ RAMDISKC
  ~ RAMDISK_CD                            ~ files.i386

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

  ~ RAMDISKC                              ~ RAMDISK_CD

  > spacing (deraadt@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add disabled piixpm and gscpm.
  > ok deraadt@ (grange@)

arch/luna88k/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > spacing (deraadt@)

arch/mac68k/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ GENERICSBC
  ~ RAMDISK                               ~ RAMDISKSBC
  ~ files.mac68k

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ files.macppc

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > spacing (deraadt@)

arch/mips64/include

  - link.h

  > Superseded by MI <link.h> (miod@)

  - kdbparam.h

  > Dead meat. (miod@)

  ~ exception.h

  > ``viritual'' is a virtual word and this is a real tree. (miod@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ cache_r5k.S                           ~ pmap.c
  ~ trap.c

  > ``viritual'' is a virtual word and this is a real tree. (miod@)

  ~ sendsig.c

  > When copyout() of the signal frame fails, sigexit() the process instead of
  > doing this by an hand-delivered SIGILL. (miod@)

  ~ clock.c

  > Day of week count 1-7 (pefo@)

  ~ trap.c

  > Use preempt() instead of rolling our own version. (miod@)

  ~ cache_r5k.S

  > typo (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ MINIROOT
  ~ MVME147                               ~ MVME162
  ~ MVME167                               ~ MVME177
  ~ RAMDISK

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

arch/mvme88k/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ M187
  ~ M188                                  ~ M197
  ~ RAMDISK

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

arch/mvmeppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > spacing (deraadt@)

arch/sgi/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

arch/sgi/include

  - link.h

  > Superseded by MI <link.h> (miod@)

  - kdbparam.h

  > Dead meat. (miod@)

  ~ pte.h

  > ``viritual'' is a virtual word and this is a real tree. (miod@)

arch/sgi/localbus

  ~ macebus.h

  > Typo in comment. (miod@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ clock_md.c

  > Don't adjust month from tod clock. clock.c does (pefo@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Correctly read the symbol table pointers passed by the boot code. (miod@)

arch/sgi/stand

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > Update boot with miods ELF64 symtab fixes and my 32 bit compiles (pefo@)

arch/sgi/stand/boot

  ~ Makefile                              ~ arcbios.c
  ~ boot.c                                ~ diskio.c

  > Update boot with miods ELF64 symtab fixes and my 32 bit compiles (pefo@)

  + ld.script

  > ld.script for boot. cvs add is ok according to deraadt@ (pefo@)

  ~ ld.script

  > Only one script text is necessary... (miod@)

arch/sgi/stand/libkern

  ~ Makefile

  > Update boot with miods ELF64 symtab fixes and my 32 bit compiles (pefo@)

arch/sgi/stand/libsa

  ~ Makefile

  > Update boot with miods ELF64 symtab fixes and my 32 bit compiles (pefo@)

arch/sgi/stand/libz

  ~ Makefile

  > Update boot with miods ELF64 symtab fixes and my 32 bit compiles (pefo@)

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ SUN4                                  ~ SUN4C
  ~ SUN4M                                 ~ files.sparc

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > spacing (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ RAMDISKU1                             ~ RAMDISKU5
  ~ files.sparc64

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

  ~ RAMDISK                               ~ RAMDISKU1
  ~ RAMDISKU5

  > spacing (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ internal_types.h

  > Rely upon __LP64__ to choose {U,}LONG_{MIN,MAX} values, rather than a
  > homegrown define.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/vax/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > spacing (deraadt@)

compat/common

  ~ Makefile

  > No kern_ipc_10 on mips64. (miod@)

dev/i2o

  ~ files.i2o

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

dev/ic

  ~ fxp.c

  > whitespace cleanup (markus@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_ti.c                               ~ if_bge.c

  > If we can't allocate new jumbo storage, try to copy the packet into a
  > new mbuf chain with m_devget() before recycling the jumbo storage.
  > Frome if_sk.c
  > ok deraadt@ (mcbride@)

  ~ if_fxp_pci.c

  > - for the generic 82557 PCI ID also print the chip name if we have an 82558
  > or newer.
  > - rearrange PCI IDs a bit.
  > - eliminate setting the FXPF_HAS_RESUME_BUG flag now that we have support
  > to disable dynamic standby.
  > ok deraadt@ mcbride@ mickey@ (brad@)

  ~ files.pci

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > Use a sane value for maxsegsz, fixes this card for alpha (PR 3920).
  > ok miod@ (mcbride@)

dev/pcmcia

  ~ pcmcia_cis.c

  > some additional CIS sanity checks.
  > From NetBSD (brad@)

dev/tc

  ~ files.tc

  > cleanup deafult locators (blah ?); please check that your most hated
  > architecture is still fluffy (; (mickey@)

kern

  ~ vfs_syscalls.c

  > check for VBAD vnodes on getvnode(). ok andreas@, tedu@ and marius@
  > (pedro@)

  ~ uipc_socket.c

  > add hint for lower layer that a sosend() is in progress (SS_ISSENDING)
  > inspired by a posting from David Borman and similar changes in net/freebsd
  > ok mcbride (markus@)

  ~ kern_event.c

  > Don't put parens around the call to pool_put but do use parens to
  > protect expansion of the kn parameter.  OK miod@ (millert@)

net

  ~ route.h

  > ewps, kill the src route prototypes. was sitting in my tree for ages but
  > forgot to commit... (henning@)

  ~ rtsock.c                              ~ route.c
  ~ route.h

  > handle route labels on RTM_CHANGE, ok mcbride, prodded my markus some time
  > ago (henning@)

netinet

  ~ tcp_output.c                          ~ tcp_var.h

  > don't send partial segments if SS_ISSENDING is set, remember
  > TF_LASTIDLE across invocations of tcp_output (from freebsd);
  > ok mcbride (markus@)

  ~ ip_carp.c

  > Clean up CARP_LOG macro and include the physical interface
  > that bogus packets arrive on. (mcbride@)

sys

  ~ systm.h

  > We don't have vsprintf/sprintf in the kernel anymore, spotted
  > by form at pdp-11.org.ru.  > ok millert@ deraadt@ (grange@)

  ~ limits.h

  > Rely upon __LP64__ to choose {U,}LONG_{MIN,MAX} values, rather than a
  > homegrown define.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ socketvar.h

  > add hint for lower layer that a sosend() is in progress (SS_ISSENDING)
  > inspired by a posting from David Borman and similar changes in net/freebsd
  > ok mcbride (markus@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

ftp

  ~ cmds.c                                ~ cmdtab.c
  ~ complete.c                            ~ extern.h
  ~ fetch.c                               ~ ftp.c
  ~ stringlist.c                          ~ util.c

  > type corrections and other delinting (deraadt@)

grep

  ~ util.c

  > unused variables; otto ok (deraadt@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 10/10 ==

authpf

  ~ authpf.c

  > ftruncate() with ftello() instead of ftell(); ok millert (deraadt@)

bgpctl

  ~ bgpctl.c

  > cope with imsg API change (henning@)

  ~ bgpctl.c

  > malloc ibuf instead of having it statically (henning@)

bgpd

  ~ bgpd.c                                ~ rde.c
  ~ session.c

  > malloc the imsg buffers instead of having them staticly, suggested by
  > micskye some time ago (henning@)

  ~ buffer.c

  > cope with ENOBUFS in buf_write() (henning@)

  ~ rde_decide.c

  > minor KNF (henning@)

  ~ bgpd.c                                ~ bgpd.h
  ~ control.c                             ~ imsg.c
  ~ mrt.c                                 ~ rde.c
  ~ session.c

  > imsg API cleanup:
  > -kill imsg_compose_pid, imsg_compose_fdpass and imsg_create_pid
  > -extend the original imsg_compose/_create API to take pid & fd too
  > -make imsg_compose do imsg_create + imsg_add + imsg_close instead of
  > duplicating the code
  > -adjust all callers to the new API
  > ok claudio (henning@)

  ~ session.c                             ~ session.h

  > when a cloned peer goes back to IDLE state, don't remove him immediately
  > but keep him around for some more time (an hour here).
  > fixes an issue Arvid was reporting: when a cloned neighbor rejects our OPEN
  > message due to capability negotiation (or missing implementation of those),
  > we set a marker and retry without. However, if we remove the peer
  > immediately,
  > it gets freshly cloned on the next trial, with default settings, thus
  > including
  > capability negotiation, and thus failes again.
  > this will also help with route flap dampening.
  > ok claudio (henning@)

  ~ bgpd.h                                ~ imsg.c

  > imsg type is really an enum imsg_type and not an int (henning@)

cron

  ~ crontab.c

  > ftruncate() with ftello() instead of ftell(); ok millert (deraadt@)

  ~ misc.c

  > nice off_t cast (deraadt@)

dhcpd

  ~ bootp.c                               ~ dhcp.c
  ~ dhcpd.h                               ~ dispatch.c

  > Remove the not initialized fallback_interface code and use the normal bpf
  > interface for that. Also store the hardware (ethernet) address in the state
  > so that relayed dhcp request are sent to the correct destination.
  > OK henning@ requested by deraadt@ tested otto@ (claudio@)

  ~ alloc.c                               ~ bootp.c
  ~ bpf.c                                 ~ conflex.c
  ~ confpars.c                            ~ db.c
  ~ dhcp.c                                ~ dhcpd.c
  ~ dhcpd.h                               ~ dispatch.c
  ~ errwarn.c                             ~ hash.c
  ~ icmp.c                                ~ memory.c
  ~ options.c                             ~ parse.c
  ~ tree.c                                ~ tree.h

  > avoid aliasing with libc functions; ok henning (deraadt@)

  ~ inet.c

  > Use inet_ntop() instead of inet_ntoa() in piaddr. This solves a problem
  > where inet_ntoa() was called twice per log message -- once here and once
  > directly. This is a workaround acctually no static buffer should be used.
  > OK deraadt@ (claudio@)

ntpd

  ~ imsg.c

  > in imsg_compose:
  > -don't buf_free() on imsg_add() errors, it already does that for us
  > -use imsg_close() instead of buf_close(), does error handling already
  > (henning@)

  ~ imsg.c                                ~ ntpd.h

  > the "type" param to imsg_compose and imsg_create is really an
  > enum imsg_type and not an int (henning@)

  ~ imsg.c

  > use imsg_add instead of the lower level buf_add in imsg_create; it already
  > does the error checking for us. (henning@)

  ~ imsg.c

  > ewps... (henning@)

pkg_add

  ~ OpenBSD/PackingList.pm

  > Add LibraryOnly routine to check on @lib files.
  > Forgot to add shell to the list of files... (espie@)

rwhod

  ~ rwhod.c

  > various lint.  ok millert
  > Important bit: do not long -> int truncate... (deraadt@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-nfs.c

  > nfs v3 support from tcpdump.org/netbsd; tests with pedro, marius (markus@)

  ~ interface.h                           ~ print-tcp.c
  ~ tcpdump.8                             ~ tcpdump.c

  > add -T tcp to enforce interpretation as TCP (markus@)

  ~ print-tcp.c