[odc] Daily src changes for 2004-09-23

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Sep 24 08:00:33 BST 2004

distrib/notes                           lib/libc
libexec/ld.so                           sbin/ipsecadm
sbin/route                              share/man
sys/arch/mips64/include                 sys/arch/mips64/mips64
sys/arch/sgi/dev                        sys/arch/sgi/stand/libkern
sys/arch/sparc64/conf                   sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/isa                             sys/dev/mii
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/lib/libkern
sys/net                                 sys/netinet
sys/uvm                                 usr.bin/ssh
usr.bin/systat                          usr.bin/vmstat
usr.bin/which                           usr.sbin/bgpctl
usr.sbin/bgpd                           usr.sbin/ntpd
usr.sbin/openssl

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

  ~ sgi/hardware                          ~ sgi/install
  ~ sgi/prep

  > flesh out. mention R10K and R12K support (pefo@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/08 ==

  ~ sys/kqueue.2

  > mention support for BPF.
  > From: FreeBSD (brad@)

  ~ sys/kqueue.2

  > really mention BPF this time around. (brad@)

== libexec =========================================================== 03/08 ==

ld.so

  ~ mips64/archdep.h

  > When doing relocs to .rodata this section must be RW protected.
  > It would be nice to fix this so it does not do a mprotect call
  > for each and every reloc but it will need a change in MI code
  > so we just fix it like this for now. There are not so many
  > relocs in ld.so itself. (pefo@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

ipsecadm

  ~ ipsecadm.8

  > grammar/punctuation fixes
  > expand some acronyms
  > shorten sysctl list display
  > other minor consistency fixes
  > add a few .Pp's for readability
  > a few macro fixes
  > indent examples
  > ok and help jmc (jaredy@)

route

  ~ route.c

  > properly check read() and write() return values.
  > one instance found by jaredy, causes issues with route -t monitor
  > ok jaredy hshoexer mickey fgs (henning@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/zs.4

  > document fhc attachment of zs... it's not in GENERIC yet, but will be
  > as soon as I figure out the interrupt junk on fhc/central (jason@)

  ~ man4/sbus.4                           ~ man4/man4.sparc/Makefile
  ~ man4/man4.sparc/intro.4               ~ man4/man4.sparc64/Makefile
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/ebus.4              ~ man4/man4.sparc64/fhc.4
  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/intro.4             + man4/man4.sparc/clock.4
  + man4/man4.sparc64/clock.4

  > man pages for the clocks on sparc/sparc64.	getting the links right was
  > painful... (jason@)

  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/central.4

  > errant comma; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.sparc/clock.4               ~ man4/man4.sparc64/clock.4

  > missing .El; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/mips64/include

  ~ pmap.h

  > More pmap bugs cleaned out. Some old, some new.
  > Better structured pmap.c.
  > Evil still in there, more work to do. (pefo@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ pmap.c                                ~ trap.c

  > More pmap bugs cleaned out. Some old, some new.
  > Better structured pmap.c.
  > Evil still in there, more work to do. (pefo@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > Clean clean clean... should be OK now (pefo@)

arch/sgi/dev

  ~ if_mec.c

  > don't need to set ifp->if_mtu or ifp->if_output in each driver,
  > {ether,atm,fddi}_ifattach already does this.
  > ok mcbride@ markus@ henning@ (brad@)

arch/sgi/stand/libkern

  ~ Makefile

  > use .c versions of certain functions. 32 bit mode (pefo@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > central at mainbushc at centralhc at mainbusnd clock at fhcason@)

  ~ files.sparc64

  > prepare the way for multi-bus attachment of zs (specifically zs at fhc  > Remove the zs at mainbusuff from files.sparc64 (nothing uses it)
  > don't forget to rerun config... (jason@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ central.c                             ~ fhc.c
  ~ fhc_central.c

  > - fix the bus_map functions (get the parent node right)
  > - remove a bunch of debugging goop (jason@)

  ~ zs.c

  > prepare the way for multi-bus attachment of zs (specifically zs at fhc  > Remove the zs at mainbusuff from files.sparc64 (nothing uses it)
  > don't forget to rerun config... (jason@)

  ~ com_ebus.c

  > Correctly test for prom memory mapping failure. Fortunately no system we
  > know of provides prom memory mappings for com(4)... (miod@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ clock.c

  > clock at fhcason@)

dev/ic

  ~ an.c                                  ~ awi.c
  ~ dc.c                                  ~ midway.c
  ~ mtd8xx.c                              ~ pdq_ifsubr.c
  ~ rtl81x9.c                             ~ xl.c

  > don't need to set ifp->if_mtu or ifp->if_output in each driver,
  > {ether,atm,fddi}_ifattach already does this.
  > ok mcbride@ markus@ henning@ (brad@)

dev/isa

  ~ if_ex.c                               ~ if_hp.c

  > don't need to set ifp->if_mtu or ifp->if_output in each driver,
  > {ether,atm,fddi}_ifattach already does this.
  > ok mcbride@ markus@ henning@ (brad@)

dev/mii

  ~ rlphy.c

  > RTL8201L PHY support; from FreeBSD. (fgsch@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_bge.c                              ~ if_de.c
  ~ if_em.c                               ~ if_lge.c
  ~ if_nge.c                              ~ if_re.c
  ~ if_sf.c                               ~ if_sis.c
  ~ if_sk.c                               ~ if_ste.c
  ~ if_ti.c                               ~ if_tl.c
  ~ if_tx.c                               ~ if_txp.c
  ~ if_vr.c                               ~ if_wb.c

  > don't need to set ifp->if_mtu or ifp->if_output in each driver,
  > {ether,atm,fddi}_ifattach already does this.
  > ok mcbride@ markus@ henning@ (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Correct AAR-1210SA name a bit to match netbsd. (grange@)

  > sync (grange@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_aue.c                              ~ if_axe.c
  ~ if_cdce.c                             ~ if_cue.c
  ~ if_kue.c                              ~ if_url.c

  > don't need to set ifp->if_mtu or ifp->if_output in each driver,
  > {ether,atm,fddi}_ifattach already does this.
  > ok mcbride@ markus@ henning@ (brad@)

kern

  ~ kern_sysctl.c                         ~ subr_evcount.c

  > change KERN_INTRCNT_CNT to return a quad; ok tedu (deraadt@)

lib/libkern

  ~ bzero.c

  > make it compile with _STANDALONE, ok deraadt@ (pefo@)

net

  ~ bpf.c

  > - remove EVFILT_WRITE in bpfkqfilter() switch case, handled
  > by default label.
  > - fill in kn_data with the number of bytes available, same
  > behavior as FreeBSD/NetBSD.
  > ok tedu@ (brad@)

netinet

  ~ ip_input.c

  > remove some more compile time overrides, use the sysctl's.
  > ok markus@ (brad@)

  ~ if_ether.h

  > add ETHER_MAX_DIX_LEN (brad@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_swap.c

  > vput on all paths after vget (currently unused code). from patrick latifi
  > (tedu@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  ~ ssh.c

  > correctly honour -n in multiplex client mode; spotted by sturm@ ok markus@
  > (djm@)

systat

  ~ vmstat.c

  > adapt to KERN_INTRCNT_CNT returning a quad, from danh (imported now to
  > avoid tree breakage) (deraadt@)

vmstat

  ~ vmstat.c

  > adapt to KERN_INTRCNT_CNT becoming a quad; ok tedu, and pulling in some
  > changes written by danh (deraadt@)

  ~ vmstat.c

  > do not shrink the field width... (deraadt@)

which

  ~ which.c

  > Add missing free on error; Alison Winters
  > Also KNF the return statements and make usage() __dead while I am here.
  > (millert@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

bgpctl

  ~ bgpctl.c

  > cosmetics (henning@)

bgpd

  ~ bgpd.c

  > after receival of a SIGCHLD reset io_pid or rde_pid, respectively,
  > dependent
  > on which child went away. (henning@)

ntpd

  ~ ntpd.c

  > reset chld_pid to 0 when acting upon a SIGCHLD so we don't try to send it
  > a kill then - tiny possible race there
  > pointed out by Brian Poole <raj at cerias.purdue.eduhenning@)

openssl

  ~ openssl.1