[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-04-09

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Apr 10 08:00:41 BST 2005

distrib/miniroot                        etc/rc
gnu/lib/libstdc++                       sbin/dhclient
sbin/ipsecctl                           sbin/isakmpd
sbin/scsi                               share/man
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/isa                             sys/scsi
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/pkg_add

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Don't error out on mount just because someone confuses (m)ounted with
  > (d)isk sources and tries to mount an already mounted partition. Using
  > (d)isk where (m)ounted was meant should now just work.
  > ok nick@ deraadt@ (krw@)

  ~ install.sub

  > Create on the installed system all disk, cd and tape devices found in
  > dmesg.boot, not just the ones that happen to be referenced by the
  > install process.
  > ok deraadt@ miod@ (krw@)

  ~ install.sub

  > spaces (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/08 ==

rc

  ~ rc

  > if, at boot time, a /etc/resolv.conf.save is found, assume this is from
  > a dhclient that crashed so hard it was unable to swap the file back,
  > and hence, finish that job.  i convinced krw and henning that this is
  > right right place (not in netstart) (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/08 ==

lib/libstdc++

  ~ libstdc++/configure.target
  ~ libstdc++/config/locale/generic/c_locale.h
  + libstdc++/config/os/bsd/openbsd/ctype_base.h
  + libstdc++/config/os/bsd/openbsd/ctype_inline.h
  + libstdc++/config/os/bsd/openbsd/ctype_noninline.h
  + libstdc++/config/os/bsd/openbsd/os_defines.h

  > bye, bye, sprintf.
  > create an actual openbsd configuration that we can tweak.
  > okay kettenis@ (espie@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

dhclient

  ~ dhclient-script

  > incorrect apostrophe (in comment); (jmc@)

  ~ dhclient-script.8

  > document that dhclient-script overwrites resolv.conf,
  > and use of resolv.conf.tail;
  > issue spotted by rick barter via nick;
  > ok henning@ jaredy@ nick@ (jmc@)

ipsecctl

  ~ ipsec.conf.5

  > Rewrite, work in progress (hshoexer@)

  ~ ipsec.conf.5

  > clarify in/out a bit, add SEE ALSO section. (hshoexer@)

isakmpd

  ~ math_2n.c                             ~ message.c

  > knf (deraadt@)

scsi

  ~ libscsi.c

  > KNF. No binary changes. OK miod@ (cloder@)

  ~ scsi.c

  > Compile with -ansi by killing an inline (cloder@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man5/Makefile                         ~ man5/resolv.conf.5

  > document resolv.conf.tail, and MLINK it to resolv.conf.5;
  > issue spotted by rick barter, via nick;
  > ok henning@ jaredy@ nick@ (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

  ~ rbus_machdep.c

  > fix rbus on big memory i386 machines (used by cbb(4) pcmcia).
  > closes an slightly old PR kernel/3855.
  > ok mickey@ (reyk@)

dev/ic

  ~ ar5210var.h                           ~ ar5211var.h
  ~ ar5212var.h                           ~ ar5xxx.h

  > use htole32 and leto32h for register access instead of hardware-based
  > byte swapping. (reyk@)

dev/isa

  ~ it.c

  > Use vendor id register for chip matching instead of configuration
  > register patterns. From Stephan Leemburg <sleemburg at jvc.nl  > Tested by jsg at .range@)

scsi

  ~ scsi_ses.h

  > Add page 1 (configuration page) definitions.  This is required to interpret
  > page 2 (enclosure control page). (marco@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  - tildexpand.c                          ~ misc.c
  ~ misc.h                                ~ lib/Makefile

  > replace tilde_expand_filename with a simpler implementation, ahead of more
  > whacking; ok deraadt@ (djm@)

  ~ pkg_add.1

  > add scp example;
  > from olivier cherrier;