[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-04-11

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Apr 12 08:00:16 BST 2005

distrib/sets                            lib/libc
sbin/dhclient                           sbin/ifconfig
sbin/scsi                               share/man
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/arm/include                    sys/arch/arm/xscale
sys/arch/hppa/include                   sys/arch/i386/include
sys/arch/m68k/include                   sys/arch/m88k/include
sys/arch/macppc/include                 sys/arch/mips64/include
sys/arch/mvmeppc/include                sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/arch/sparc/include                  sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/arch/sparc64/include                sys/arch/vax/include
sys/arch/zaurus/dev                     sys/arch/zaurus/zaurus
sys/dev/cardbus                         sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/net                                 usr.bin/chpass
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/file
usr.bin/ftp                             usr.bin/jot
usr.bin/less                            usr.bin/pkill
usr.bin/script                          usr.bin/sed
usr.bin/sort                            usr.bin/stat
usr.bin/tip                             usr.bin/w
usr.bin/wc                              usr.bin/window
usr.sbin/bind                           usr.sbin/dhcpd
usr.sbin/dhcrelay                       usr.sbin/rtadvd
usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/comp/md.amd64                   ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/07 ==

  ~ rpc/clnt_perror.c

  > more snprintf return value sloppiness; ok otto (deraadt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

dhclient

  ~ errwarn.c

  > use writev; ok henning (deraadt@)

  ~ errwarn.c

  > handle snprintf returning -1; ok henning (deraadt@)

  ~ errwarn.c

  > use STDERR_FILENO (deraadt@)

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.c

  > Handle getnameinfo failure. OK niallo (cloder@)

scsi

  ~ scsi.c

  > Check for asprintf failure.  From Bruno Rohee (thank you). (cloder@)

  ~ scsi.c

  > Use absolute path for vi. OK deraadt (cloder@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man5/resolv.conf.5

  > typo in filename; from rick barter; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

arch/alpha/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/arm/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/arm/xscale

  ~ pxa2x0_apm.h                          ~ pxa2x0_apm.c

  > - ask upper layer for events and call apm_record_event() as appropriate
  > - allow upper layer to detect the wake-up source which caused a resume
  > - avoid a temporary bus space mapping
  > - suspend on battery low events (uwe@)

  ~ pxa2x0_lcd.c                          ~ pxa2x0_lcd.h

  > - eliminate extra powerhook in pxalcd, inspired by ohci changes
  > - update file comment for zaurus_lcd.c (uwe@)

  ~ pxa2x0_pcic.c

  > no need to include sys/timeout.h (uwe@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/m68k/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/macppc/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/mvmeppc/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ tctrl.c                               ~ ts102reg.h

  > Handle commands failure correctly. (miod@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ autoconf.c

  > Kill unused hexatoi() (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ vmparam.h

  > use MD #define to choose stackgap size per-architecture.  on sparc, special
  > case sun4c/sun4 -- because address space is more constrained (deraadt@)

arch/zaurus/dev

  ~ zaurus_apm.c                          + zaurus_apm.h

  > - generate power change and battery low events
  > - GPIO reset moved here, because it's machine-specific
  > - power-off by suspending and then resetting (best thing the C3000 can do)
  > - roll our own softc instead of using tons of globals (uwe@)

arch/zaurus/zaurus

  ~ zaurus_machdep.c

  > use zapm functions to power down or restart (uwe@)

  ~ zaurus_lcd.c

  > - eliminate extra powerhook in pxalcd, inspired by ohci changes
  > - update file comment for zaurus_lcd.c (uwe@)

dev/cardbus

  - usb_cardbus.h                         ~ ehci_cardbus.c
  ~ files.cardbus                         ~ ohci_cardbus.c

  > get rid of the lines on ehci attach that show the version and the companion
  > controllers. remove the insane amount of support code needed just for the
  > printing of the companion controllers while here.
  > zap it deraadt@ sure pascoe@ (dlg@)

dev/pci

  - usb_pci.c                             - usb_pci.h
  ~ ehci_pci.c                            ~ files.pci
  ~ ohci_pci.c                            ~ uhci_pci.c

  > get rid of the lines on ehci attach that show the version and the companion
  > controllers. remove the insane amount of support code needed just for the
  > printing of the companion controllers while here.
  > zap it deraadt@ sure pascoe@ (dlg@)

  ~ auvia.c

  > Make sure that the requested size is a multiple of block size in
  > auvia_build_dma_ops(). Patch by miod@, ok deraadt at .atthieu@)

dev/usb

  ~ ehci.c                                ~ ehcivar.h

  > get rid of the lines on ehci attach that show the version and the companion
  > controllers. remove the insane amount of support code needed just for the
  > printing of the companion controllers while here.
  > zap it deraadt@ sure pascoe@ (dlg@)

kern

  ~ kern_exec.c

  > pull in new MD STACKGAP_RANDOM (deraadt@)

net

  ~ if_spppsubr.c

  > Ignore lcp up/down events in cisco mode (canacar@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

chpass

  ~ pw_yp.c

  > move two snprintf out so easier to audit (deraadt@)

cvs

  ~ add.c                                 ~ admin.c
  ~ annotate.c                            ~ checkout.c
  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ commit.c
  ~ cvs.c                                 ~ diff.c
  ~ getlog.c                              ~ history.c
  ~ import.c                              ~ remove.c
  ~ server.c                              ~ status.c
  ~ tag.c                                 ~ update.c

  > remove EX_USAGE error codes
  > ok jfb@ (joris@)

  ~ add.c                                 ~ admin.c
  ~ annotate.c                            ~ checkout.c
  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ commit.c
  ~ cvs.c                                 ~ diff.c
  ~ getlog.c                              ~ history.c
  ~ import.c                              ~ rcsprog.c
  ~ remove.c                              ~ resp.c
  ~ server.c                              ~ status.c
  ~ tag.c                                 ~ update.c

  > don't include sysexits.h now we don't use those error codes
  > anymore. (joris@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > fix year value in RCS output (jfb@)

  ~ rcsprog.c

  > open the RCS files in write mode by default to allow modifications (jfb@)

  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcs.h

  > modify handling of RCS delta texts so we can handle arbitrary binary
  > data (jfb@)

file

  ~ funcs.c

  > handle -1 potential case from snprintf too (deraadt@)

ftp

  ~ fetch.c                               ~ util.c

  > knf; cloder ok (deraadt@)

jot

  ~ jot.c

  > handle -1 potential case from snprintf too (deraadt@)

less

  ~ screen.c

  > use STDERR_FILENO; ok cloder (deraadt@)

pkill

  ~ pkill.c

  > handle snprintf return value overflow case; ok otto (deraadt@)

script

  ~ script.c

  > use STDERR_FILENO; ok cloder (deraadt@)

sed

  ~ compile.c

  > spacing (deraadt@)

sort

  ~ init.c

  > also handle snprintf returning -1, trivial (deraadt@)

  ~ sort.c

  > remove silly optimization which should eventually save
  > a syscall, when it were not broken. ok otto@ (moritz@)

stat

  ~ stat.c

  > getting tired of explaining this:  snprintf does not return how many
  > bytes it PUT into the buffer, but how many it WANTED to, so it can be
  > > buflen; ok otto (deraadt@)

  ~ stat.c

  > pass size of right buffer to strlcat. ok deraadt@ (otto@)

tip

  ~ tipout.c

  > use STDERR_FILENO; ok cloder (deraadt@)

  ~ pr_time.c                             ~ proc_compare.c
  ~ w.c

  > spacing (deraadt@)

wc

  ~ wc.c

  > spacing (deraadt@)

window

  ~ ttoutput.c

  > use STDERR_FILENO; ok cloder (deraadt@)

bind

  ~ lib/dns/dst_api.c

  > restore lost sprintf -> snprintf conversion
  > ok krw@ deraadt@ jakob@ (david@)

dhcpd

  ~ errwarn.c

  > when -d is used, log to stderr, not via syslog(3); fixed pr/4171.
  > ok henning@ (fgsch@)

  ~ errwarn.c

  > use writev() here too; henning ok (deraadt@)

  ~ errwarn.c