[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-04-16

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Apr 17 08:00:26 BST 2005

distrib/sets                            games/hack
gnu/lib/libiberty                       gnu/lib/libreadline
gnu/usr.bin/binutils                    gnu/usr.bin/gcc
lib/libc                                libexec/spamd
sbin/fsck_ffs                           share/man
sys/arch/hppa/gsc                       sys/arch/m88k/include
sys/arch/mips64/include                 sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/arch/sparc/sparc                    sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/arch/zaurus/stand/zboot             sys/conf
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/sbus
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/miscfs/procfs                       sys/netinet
sys/ntfs                                sys/scsi
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/bind                           usr.sbin/ospfctl
usr.sbin/ospfd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/10 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/comp/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== games ============================================================= 02/10 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/games

hack

  ~ hack.tty.c

  > use vprintf, as obvious; frederik.deweerdt at laposte.neteraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/10 ==

lib/libiberty

  ~ config.guess

  > amd64 canonicalization
  > ok pvalchev@, fine deraadt@ (kettenis@)

lib/libreadline

  ~ support/config.guess

  > amd64 canonicalization
  > ok pvalchev@, fine deraadt@ (kettenis@)

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ config.guess

  > amd64 canonicalization
  > ok pvalchev@, fine deraadt@ (kettenis@)

usr.bin/gcc

  ~ gcc/c-format.c

  > Tell gcc -Wformat that our kprintf implementation understands %q and %ll
  > for quads.	OK deraadt@, some comments millert@ (cloder@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/10 ==

  ~ string/wcscpy.c

  > Remove redundant line
  > ok espie@ otto@ millert@ deraadt@ (tom@)

  ~ string/Makefile.inc

  > fix wmemchr.3 MLINKS;
  > ok espie@ (jmc@)

  ~ sys/syscall.2

  > Describe __syscall(2) in all its ugliness. ok jmc@ tom@ millert@
  > deraadt@ (otto@)

== libexec =========================================================== 05/10 ==

spamd

  ~ spamd.c

  > missing getopt choice; from dennis (deraadt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/10 ==

fsck_ffs

  ~ pass1.c                               ~ pass1b.c
  ~ pass2.c                               ~ pass3.c
  ~ pass4.c                               ~ pass5.c

  > while snprintf and strlcpy and strlcat have this nice >buflen API (and the
  > -1 mess as well), it is probably not wise to make other functions do the
  > same
  > thing.  make them return strlen().	ok uwe marco (deraadt@)

  ~ pass1.c                               ~ pass1b.c
  ~ pass2.c                               ~ pass3.c
  ~ pass4.c                               ~ pass5.c

  > Since the return value from the *_info functions is only actually used as a
  > boolean, make it so.  OK deraadt@ (millert@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  ~ man8/vpn.8

  > add isakmpd.policy to FILES and sort; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ipsec.4

  > document options(4); (jmc@)

  ~ man4/ipsec.4

  > replace `<' and `>'; (jmc@)

  ~ man3/tree.3

  > Give a complete, working example how to use the tree macros. The
  > existing descripion is rather terse, and without an example it's
  > hard to get going.	ok millert@ mpech@ jmc@ (otto@)

  ~ man4/Makefile                         + man4/ueagle.4

  > Driver for Analog Devices Eagle chipset.
  > ok deraadt@ (damien@)

  ~ man4/usb.4

  > Xr ueagle
  > pointed out and ok jmc@ (damien@)

  ~ man4/ueagle.4                         ~ man4/usb.4

  > make Nd more clear, and share with usb.4 (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/ueagle.4

  > tweaks; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

arch/hppa/gsc

  ~ harmony.c

  > round -- not truncate the buffer size (mickey@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ ansi.h

  > internal _BSD_WCTRANS_T_, _BSD_MSTATE_T_, _BSD_WCTYPE_T_ types. (miod@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ ansi.h

  > internal _BSD_WCTRANS_T_, _BSD_MSTATE_T_, _BSD_WCTYPE_T_ types. (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ cs4231.c

  > do not provide round_buffer if not needed unless explained why in comments
  > (mickey@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ genassym.cf

  > Duplicate include file. (miod@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ ce4231.c

  > do not provide round_buffer if not needed unless explained why in comments
  > (mickey@)

arch/zaurus/stand/zboot

  ~ exit.c

  > don't print the additional "exit" message on exit. (uwe@)

  + cmd.c

  > support a "clear" command to clear the broken Linux console.  grmpf. (uwe@)

  ~ Makefile                              + crt0.c

  > let ld find it's _start() symbol. (uwe@)

  ~ devopen.c

  > Look for OpenBSD disklabel on the first eight hd devices, and after a
  > timeout retry to open the first device which wasn't immediately ready.
  > This should avoid the failures to read /etc/boot.conf that people have
  > been seeing, and makes it possible to install OpenBSD on any of the
  > four possible DOS MBR primary partitions. (uwe@)

conf

  ~ files

  > Remove regs and fpregs pseudo-files from procfs.
  > ok deraadt@, miod@ (kettenis@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_de.c                               ~ if_devar.h

  > remove lots of crud from this driver, makes it fit on the alpha media
  > (deraadt@)

  > Sync. (marco@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Add MegaRAID SATA 8 channel. (marco@)

  ~ ami_pci.c

  > Add SATA 8 channel.
  > Requested, help and tested by Travis Gillitzer, tgillitzer at gmail dot
  > com. (marco@)

  ~ autri.c                               ~ auvia.c
  ~ eap.c                                 ~ fms.c
  ~ maestro.c                             ~ sv.c

  > do not provide round_buffer if not needed unless explained why in comments
  > (mickey@)

dev/sbus

  ~ cs4231.c

  > do not provide round_buffer if not needed unless explained why in comments
  > (mickey@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_ral.c

  > indent (damien@)

  ~ if_ral.c

  > don't leak a mbuf when tx fails. (damien@)

  ~ files.usb                             ~ usbdevs
  + ueagle.c                              + ueaglereg.h
  + ueaglevar.h

  > Driver for Analog Devices Eagle chipset.
  > ok deraadt@ (damien@)

  > sync (damien@)

  ~ uhci.c                                ~ usb_subr.c

  > usb_subr.c (deraadt@)

  ~ usb_subr.c

  > change usbd_printBCD() to return number of bytes really placed or 0, not
  > snprintf() style semantics [which people fail to grok]; ok otto (deraadt@)

  ~ usb_subr.c

  > use snprintf to avoid crossing the overflow point; ok otto (deraadt@)

kern

  ~ sys_process.c

  > Remove regs and fpregs pseudo-files from procfs.
  > ok deraadt@, miod@ (kettenis@)

miscfs/procfs

  - procfs_fpregs.c                       - procfs_regs.c
  ~ procfs_subr.c                         ~ procfs_vnops.c

  > Remove regs and fpregs pseudo-files from procfs.
  > ok deraadt@, miod@ (kettenis@)

netinet

  ~ if_atm.c

  > re-register (deraadt@)

ntfs

  ~ ntfs_vnops.c

  > comment out some code which is causing ntfs panics due
  > to the fact ntfs uses the generic locking functions which
  > do not lock anything right now.
  > ok pedro@ (joris@)

scsi

  ~ atapi_all.h                           ~ atapi_base.c
  ~ atapi_cd.h                            ~ atapi_disk.h
  ~ cd_atapi.c                            ~ sd_atapi.c

  > Nuke unused/duplicate structures and defines in favour of scsi ones.
  > ok miod@ (krw@)

  ~ cd.h

  > Nuke another unused structure. (krw@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

  ~ commit.c

  > missing cvs_ent_free(); joris ok (xsa@)

  ~ util.c

  > snprintf return value check; joris ok (xsa@)

  ~ hist.c

  > check snprintf() return value;
  > from deraadt@ small change by me (joris@)

  ~ admin.c                               ~ cvs.c
  ~ diff.c                                ~ root.c

  > snprintf return value check; joris ok (xsa@)

  ~ getlog.c                              ~ file.c
  ~ import.c                              ~ init.c
  ~ repo.c                                ~ util.c

  > more snprintf return value check; joris ok (xsa@)

  ~ status.c

  > make sure we send the correct stuff for newly added files that
  > are not commited yet. (joris@)

  ~ status.c                              ~ tag.c
  ~ update.c

  > thought i had committed that earlier;snprintf return value check; joris ok
  > (xsa@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 10/10 ==

  ~ rde.c

  > Format string cleanup. OK millert, henning, claudio (cloder@)

  ~ rde_attr.c

  > Simplify return codes of aspath_asprint().
  > Return -1 on error 0 on success and make sure that in case of an error
  > *ret is set to NULL. (claudio@)

bind

  ~ bin/named/server.c                    ~ bin/named/unix/os.c
  ~ lib/dns/dst_api.c                     ~ lib/dns/master.c
  ~ lib/dns/masterdump.c                  ~ lib/dns/rdata/in_1/apl_42.c

  > Be more careful with snprintf return value handling.  Some of these are
  > from Han Boetes (thanks), some with modifications by me.  OK from and
  > corrections from niallo@ (cloder@)

ospfctl

  ~ ospfctl.c

  > Static routes are flagged with F_STATIC and not with F_KERNEL. (claudio@)