[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-04-18

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Apr 19 08:00:21 BST 2005

distrib/miniroot                        distrib/sets
include/Makefile                        lib
lib/libcurses++                         lib/libexpat
regress/misc                            sbin/bioctl
share/man                               sys/arch/hppa/hppa
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/net                                 usr.bin/ctags
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/su
usr.sbin/bgpctl                         usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/dhcpd                          usr.sbin/hostapd
usr.sbin/ntpd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/09 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > restore tab before [X] list; krw ok (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mac68k                  ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k                 ~ lists/base/md.mvme88k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.vax                     ~ lists/base/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/comp/md.alpha                   ~ lists/comp/md.amd64
  ~ lists/comp/md.cats                    ~ lists/comp/md.hp300
  ~ lists/comp/md.hppa                    ~ lists/comp/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/comp/md.i386                    ~ lists/comp/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/comp/md.macppc                  ~ lists/comp/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/comp/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/comp/md.sparc
  ~ lists/comp/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/comp/md.zaurus
  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== include =========================================================== 02/09 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

Makefile

  ~ Makefile

  > rm libcurses++ (millert@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/09 ==

lib

  ~ Makefile

  > remove libcurses++ (millert@)

libcurses++

  - Makefile                              - README-first
  - cursesapp.cc                          - cursesapp.h
  - cursesf.cc                            - cursesf.h
  - cursesm.cc                            - cursesm.h
  - cursesmain.cc                         - cursesp.cc
  - cursesp.h                             - cursespad.cc
  - cursesw.cc                            - cursesw.h
  - cursslk.cc                            - cursslk.h
  - demo.cc                               - etip.h
  - internal.h                            - shlib_version

  > Remove libcurses++, it contains GPL'd code (cursesw.cc) and nothing uses
  > it. (millert@)

libexpat

  - doc/xmlwf.1                           - doc/xmlwf.sgml

  > people who import gnu fdl should stay away from the tree. (jolan@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/09 ==

misc

  ~ objc/Makefile

  > Correctly link on static arches. (miod@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/09 ==

bioctl

  ~ bioctl.c

  > sync usage() w/ man synopsis;
  > ok marco@ (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  ~ man3/intro.3

  > remove libcurses++
  > ok miod@ millert@ (robert@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ machdep.c

  > do not do some of the initmsgbuf()s job (mickey@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > oops. uvm_page_physload() has different semantics for start and end...
  > (mickey@)

dev/ic

  ~ ar5210.c                              ~ ar5210var.h
  ~ ar5211.c                              ~ ar5211var.h
  ~ ar5212.c                              ~ ar5212var.h
  ~ ar5xxx.c                              ~ ar5xxx.h
  ~ ath.c                                 ~ athvar.h

  > beautify the code by renaming HAL functions with capitalized words (i
  > always wanted to do that). this breaks HAL compatibility but porting
  > should be easy, have a look at athvar.h. no functional changes. (reyk@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_ti.c

  > - check for ETHERMIN with SIOCSIFMTU ioctl case
  > - don't need to trim off anything but the VLID bits in the driver anymore
  > (brad@)

net

  ~ if_vlan.c

  > revert a change in the previous commit to appease henning@ for the time
  > being..
  > - Set the interface speed back to zero after ether_ifattach(). RFC 2863
  > says: "For a sub-layer which has no concept of bandwidth, [ifSpeed]
  > should be zero." (brad@)

  ~ if_vlan.c

  > If the parent interface is not IFF_RUNNING, do not call its start function.
  > This prevent a variety of fun panics.
  > From NetBSD (brad@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

ctags

  ~ tree.c

  > fix a potential use after free and plug some memory leaks.
  > While here, do a bit a formatting.
  > ok otto deraadt (pat@)

cvs

  ~ admin.c                               ~ annotate.c
  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ commit.c
  ~ diff.c                                ~ file.c
  ~ file.h                                ~ getlog.c
  ~ logmsg.c                              ~ proto.c
  ~ proto.h                               ~ remove.c
  ~ resp.c                                ~ status.c
  ~ tag.c                                 ~ update.c
  ~ util.c

  > Modify the CVSFILE structure using a union to keep information about
  > both files and directories.  We can now keep the revision number for
  > regular files, and don't need to fetch the appropriate entry in the
  > command callbacks.	This saves a huge amount of parsing on Entries
  > files.
  > ok joris@ (jfb@)

  ~ cmd.c

  > remove debugging leftovers (jfb@)

  ~ file.c

  > more debugging leftovers (joris@)

  ~ file.c

  > free cf_tag for regular files in cvs_file_free();
  > ok jfb@ (joris@)

  ~ req.c

  > dummy handlers for the Entry, Modified, Is-Modified, Updated and
  > Questionable requests. (jfb@)

  ~ date.y

  > missing prototype for get_date();
  > from deraadt@ (joris@)

  ~ file.c

  > only copy ce_tag is it is not NULL, fixes a segfault on
  > startup for the update command. (joris@)

  ~ proto.c

  > don't send an Entry reply to the server for unknown files,
  > fixes "foo is not (any longer) pertinent" errors (joris@)

su

  ~ su.1

  > add an example using both -c login_class and -c shell_arg;
  > requested by stuart henderson (pr #4178);
  > ok millert@ deraadt@ beck@ (jmc@)

  ~ su.1

  > use a standard EXAMPLES format;
  > also there's no need for a list in here; (jmc@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 09/09 ==

bgpctl

  ~ bgpctl.c

  > Static routes are flagged with F_STATIC and not with F_KERNEL. OK henning@
  > (claudio@)

bgpd

  ~ bgpd.conf.5

  > AfriNIC has been established as RIR for Africa now (henning@)

  ~ printconf.c

  > Print mrt config after the main and network config. Main and network config
  > belong together. OK henning@ (claudio@)

  ~ kroute.c

  > Set flag F_STATIC based on RTF_STATIC and not just because the route came
  > from the kernel. That's what F_KERNEL is for. OK henning@ (claudio@)

  ~ bgpd.conf.5

  > tidy up AS section a little;
  > ok henning@ (jmc@)

dhcpd

  ~ errwarn.c                             ~ print.c

  > snprintf() return value handling. ok cloder@ henning@ (moritz@)

hostapd

  ~ hostapd.8

  > grammar (jolan@)

ntpd

  ~ client.c

  > prevent replies with negative delay from being used, could happen with -s
  > From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at britannica.bec.def dragonfly (henning@)

  ~ ntp.c

  > after setting the clock hard correct the "next" and "deadline" timestamps
  > by the offset
  > From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at britannica.bec.dehenning@)

  ~ ntp.c

  > correctness: only account for offset after settime in next and deadline
  > when those timers are actually running. due to the way ntpd's logic works
  > this does not really make a difference, but correctness is good.
  > spotted by me, joerg agrees (henning@)

  ~ ntpd.c