[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-04-19

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Apr 20 08:00:21 BST 2005

distrib/miniroot                        distrib/sets
gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail                   kerberosV
lib/libevent                            sbin/isakmpd
sbin/sysctl                             share/man
sys/arch/alpha/include                  sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/arm/footbridge                 sys/arch/arm/include
sys/arch/hp300/include                  sys/arch/hppa/include
sys/arch/hppa64/include                 sys/arch/i386/include
sys/arch/m88k/include                   sys/arch/m88k/m88k
sys/arch/mips64/include                 sys/arch/mvme68k/include
sys/arch/powerpc/include                sys/arch/sgi/include
sys/arch/solbourne/compile              sys/arch/solbourne/conf
sys/arch/solbourne/include              sys/arch/solbourne/solbourne
sys/arch/sparc/conf                     sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/arch/sparc/include                  sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/arch/sparc64/include                sys/arch/vax/include
sys/arch/zaurus/dev                     sys/arch/zaurus/include
sys/arch/zaurus/stand/zboot             sys/ddb
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/usb
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.sbin/bind
usr.sbin/dhcrelay                       usr.sbin/ntpd
usr.sbin/ospfctl                        usr.sbin/ospfd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/09 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > There is no reliable way to detect a working network interface. So
  > always offer ftp and http as set sources.
  > Problem noted by uwe@, ok deraadt@ (krw@)

sets

  ~ lists/base/md.cats

  > sync (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/09 ==

usr.sbin/sendmail

  ~ libsm/vfprintf.c

  > Use snprintf, not sprintf for floating point conversion.  While the actual
  > usage of sprintf here is safe, we'd rather not have the linker warnings.
  > (millert@)

== kerberosV ========================================================= 03/09 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/kerberosV

kerberosV

  - src/appl/push/ChangeLog               - src/appl/push/pfrom.1
  - src/appl/push/pfrom.in                - src/appl/push/push.8
  - src/appl/push/push.c                  - src/appl/push/push_locl.h

  > Goodbye goodbye, parting is such sweet sorrow. Away and to the attic with
  > you.
  > ok biorn@, deraadt@ (beck@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/09 ==

libevent

  - err.c                                 ~ Makefile
  ~ buffer.c                              ~ evbuffer.c
  ~ event.3                               ~ event.c
  ~ event.h                               ~ kqueue.c
  ~ poll.c                                ~ select.c
  ~ signal.c                              + event-internal.h
  + log.c                                 + log.h

  > update to libevent 1.0c; keep local changes (brad@)

  - event-internal.h                      - log.c
  - log.h                                 ~ Makefile
  ~ buffer.c                              ~ evbuffer.c
  ~ event.3                               ~ event.c
  ~ event.h                               ~ kqueue.c
  ~ poll.c                                ~ select.c
  ~ signal.c                              + err.c

  > backout.  not discussed, and very wrong.  bad brad (deraadt@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/09 ==

isakmpd

  ~ monitor.c

  > missing endpwent(), change more carefully to _isakmpd privsep user
  > ok moritz@ (hshoexer@)

sysctl

  ~ sysctl.8

  > do not attempt to list which archs are relevant to which machdep
  > sysctls; just note that not all sysctls apply to all archs;
  > started by a diff from fgsch@ (jmc@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  ~ man7/securelevel.7

  > - some sysctls may not be lowered either
  > - document machdep.kbdreset
  > diff from fgsch@
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

  ~ man7/ports.7

  > document REPORT_PROBLEM_LOGFILE, nitpick jmc@ (espie@)

  ~ man4/ueagle.4

  > document the syntax of the route(8) command to open a PVC.
  > with help and ok from jmc@ (damien@)

  ~ man8/man8.zaurus/Makefile             + man8/man8.zaurus/boot_zaurus.8

  > describe zaurus bootstrap procedures; review/suggestions by jmc@ (uwe@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

arch/alpha/include

  ~ intr.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > CLKF_BASEPRI we do not have no more; noticed by miod (mickey@)

  ~ intr.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/arm/footbridge

  ~ footbridge_intr.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/arm/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > CLKF_BASEPRI we do not have no more; noticed by miod (mickey@)

  ~ db_machdep.h

  > Nuke DB_NO_AOUT, and have platforms with a.out symbols explicitely provide
  > DB_AOUT_SYMBOLS. (miod@)

arch/hp300/include

  ~ intr.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/hppa/include

  ~ db_machdep.h

  > No more a.out symbols support in ddb. (miod@)

  ~ intr.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/hppa64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ intr.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ db_machdep.h

  > Nuke DB_NO_AOUT, and have platforms with a.out symbols explicitely provide
  > DB_AOUT_SYMBOLS. (miod@)

  ~ intr.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ eh_common.S

  > fix comment (mickey@)

arch/mips64/include

  ~ db_machdep.h

  > Nuke DB_NO_AOUT, and have platforms with a.out symbols explicitely provide
  > DB_AOUT_SYMBOLS. (miod@)

arch/mvme68k/include

  ~ intr.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/powerpc/include

  ~ intr.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/sgi/include

  ~ intr.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/solbourne/compile

  + .cvsignore

  > As a late birthday present, a preliminary port to the Solbourne IDT systems
  > (S3000, S4000 and S4000DX).
  > Currently limited to diskless and serial console, and userland has issues.
  > Things will get better in the near future. (miod@)

arch/solbourne/conf

  + GENERIC                               + Makefile.solbourne
  + files.solbourne                       + ld.script

  > As a late birthday present, a preliminary port to the Solbourne IDT systems
  > (S3000, S4000 and S4000DX).
  > Currently limited to diskless and serial console, and userland has issues.
  > Things will get better in the near future. (miod@)

arch/solbourne/include

  + ansi.h                                + asm.h
  + autoconf.h                            + bppioctl.h
  + bsd_openprom.h                        + bus.h
  + cdefs.h                               + conf.h
  + cpu.h                                 + ctlreg.h
  + db_machdep.h                          + disklabel.h
  + eeprom.h                              + endian.h
  + exec.h                                + fbvar.h
  + float.h                               + frame.h
  + fsr.h                                 + idprom.h
  + idt.h                                 + ieee.h
  + ieeefp.h                              + instr.h
  + internal_types.h                      + ioctl_fd.h
  + kap.h                                 + kcore.h
  + limits.h                              + oldmon.h
  + openpromio.h                          + param.h
  + pcb.h                                 + pmap.h
  + proc.h                                + profile.h
  + prom.h                                + psl.h
  + pte.h                                 + ptrace.h
  + reg.h                                 + reloc.h
  + remote-sl.h                           + setjmp.h
  + signal.h                              + spinlock.h
  + stdarg.h                              + sun_disklabel.h
  + svr4_machdep.h                        + trap.h
  + types.h                               + varargs.h
  + vmparam.h                             + z8530var.h

  > As a late birthday present, a preliminary port to the Solbourne IDT systems
  > (S3000, S4000 and S4000DX).
  > Currently limited to diskless and serial console, and userland has issues.
  > Things will get better in the near future. (miod@)

arch/solbourne/solbourne

  + autoconf.c                            + clock.c
  + machdep.c                             + mem.c
  + pmap.c                                + prom_machdep.c
  + trap.c

  > As a late birthday present, a preliminary port to the Solbourne IDT systems
  > (S3000, S4000 and S4000DX).
  > Currently limited to diskless and serial console, and userland has issues.
  > Things will get better in the near future. (miod@)

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ files.sparc

  > As a late birthday present, a preliminary port to the Solbourne IDT systems
  > (S3000, S4000 and S4000DX).
  > Currently limited to diskless and serial console, and userland has issues.
  > Things will get better in the near future. (miod@)

  ~ files.sparc

  > Same vm_machdep.c on solbourne. (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ if_le.c                               ~ if_lereg.h
  ~ zs.c

  > As a late birthday present, a preliminary port to the Solbourne IDT systems
  > (S3000, S4000 and S4000DX).
  > Currently limited to diskless and serial console, and userland has issues.
  > Things will get better in the near future. (miod@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ db_machdep.h

  > No more a.out symbols support in ddb. (miod@)

  ~ psl.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ cache.c                               ~ cache.h
  ~ conf.c                                ~ cpu.c
  ~ db_interface.c                        ~ disksubr.c
  ~ intreg.h

  > As a late birthday present, a preliminary port to the Solbourne IDT systems
  > (S3000, S4000 and S4000DX).
  > Currently limited to diskless and serial console, and userland has issues.
  > Things will get better in the near future. (miod@)

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ psl.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ param.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/zaurus/dev

  ~ zts.c

  > newline after attach; ok deraadt@ (djm@)

arch/zaurus/include

  ~ intr.h

  > nothing uses spllowersoftclock() anymore (mickey@)

arch/zaurus/stand/zboot

  ~ Makefile                              + boot.8

  > describe the zaurus boot(8) program; review/suggestions by jmc@ (uwe@)

ddb

  ~ db_sym.c

  > Do not bother looking for symbols if either esym is zero or the computed
  > symbol table length is zero. (miod@)

  ~ db_sym.h

  > Nuke DB_NO_AOUT, and have platforms with a.out symbols explicitely provide
  > DB_AOUT_SYMBOLS. (miod@)

dev

  ~ vnd.c

  > use pool for struct vndbug; tested by many and pedro@ ok (mickey@)

dev/usb

  ~ ueagle.c                              ~ ueaglereg.h

  > be more cautious when processing CMV interrupts.
  > drop every CMV reply that is not a CR or CW ack. (damien@)

  ~ uhci.c

  > fix for isochronous pipes:
  > xfer's busy_free status can be XFER_ONQU when uhci_device_isoc_done()
  > is called. this happens when the xfer is queued in the driver supplied
  > callback function that is called before uhci_device_isoc_done().
  > ok dlg@ (damien@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

  ~ commit.c

  > remove debug code (joris@)

  ~ commit.c

  > make sure we pick up newly added files. (joris@)

  ~ file.c

  > update cf_type to the correct type if we cannot stat(2) the
  > requested file or directory in cvs_file_lget().
  > should fix those "attempt to send Entry for non-regular file" errors.
  > reported by brad@ (joris@)

  ~ update.c

  > support -P -A -d flags (joris@)

  ~ update.c

  > send the correct argument, -A not -a (joris@)

  ~ commit.c

  > handle removed files as well when checking files to commit
  > ok joris (jfb@)

  ~ remove.c

  > - remove unused header
  > - add -l and -R flags
  > - add check on cvs_sendentry() return value
  > joris@ ok (xsa@)

  ~ resp.c

  > correctly handle the "Removed" response, so that the correct
  > file and entry are removed.
  > ok jfb@, xsa@ (joris@)

  ~ tag.c

  > big spring cleanup and make tag work again when dealing with multiple
  > directories by specifying CVS_CMD_SENDDIR, and first stab at the
  > local version, needs tweaking (jfb@)

  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcs.h

  > add rcs_sym_check() to check the validity of an RCS symbol and
  > sprinkle some in the other symbol functions (jfb@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > add error messages for the new RCS error codes (jfb@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 09/09 ==

bind

  ~ lib/dns/ttl.c                         ~ lib/dns/rdata/generic/soa_6.c
  ~ lib/lwres/lwinetntop.c

  > fix more cases of snprintf() returning -1. ok cloder@ niallo@ (moritz@)

dhcrelay

  ~ errwarn.c

  > handle snprintf() returning -1. ok henning@ (moritz@)

ntpd

  ~ client.c

  > move the "reply from ... " log msg in -d mdoe uop a bit so it actually
  > comes before the "adjusting local clock by..." one, joerg (henning@)

ospfctl

  ~ ospfctl.8

  > Document the fact that ospfctl(8) understands "show rib".
  > ok claudio@ (norby@)

ospfd

  ~ interface.c                           ~ ospfd.c