[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-11-30

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Dec 1 07:00:30 GMT 2005

bin/date                                bin/ksh
bin/ls                                  distrib/notes
etc/rc                                  lib/libc
libexec/spamd                           regress/usr.bin
sbin/ipsecctl                           sbin/sysctl
share/man                               share/mk
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/compat/common
sys/compat/freebsd                      sys/compat/netbsd
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/isofs/cd9660
sys/kern                                sys/nfs
sys/sys                                 sys/ufs/ext2fs
sys/ufs/ffs                             sys/ufs/mfs
sys/ufs/ufs                             sys/xfs
usr.bin/newsyslog                       usr.bin/rcs
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.bin/xlint
usr.sbin/afs                            usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/config                         usr.sbin/cron

== bin =============================================================== 01/11 ==

date

  ~ date.1

  > timezone -> time zone (jmc@)

ksh

  ~ ksh.1

  > document root PS1 feature:
  > from matthias kilian (pr #4924), but slightly tweaked version of his diff;
  > ok otto (jmc@)

ls

  ~ ls.c

  > another unused variable found by lint (deraadt@)

  ~ ls.1

  > timezone -> time zone (jmc@)

== distrib =========================================================== 02/11 ==

  ~ m4.common

  > Re-word section about initial mail message.
  > ok miod@, jmc@ (tom@)

== etc =============================================================== 03/11 ==

rc

  ~ rc

  > Change "starting rpc daemons" to "starting initial daemons" as we
  > also start ntpd at this time.
  > discussed with jmc@; ok deraadt@ (tom@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/11 ==

  ~ stdlib/random.3                       ~ stdlib/random.c
  ~ sys/stack_protector.c                 ~ crypt/arc4random.c

  > Use sysctl(KERN_ARND) to get n bytes, instead of just 4 at a time
  > and remove fallback code. If somebody is dumb enough to make the
  > sysctl fail using systrace, he deserves what he gets. Saves 7 syscalls
  > on process startup.
  > looks good miod@ ok deraadt@ tedu@ (otto@)

  ~ gen/sysconf.3                         ~ gen/timezone.3
  ~ gen/sysctl.3

  > timezone -> time zone (jmc@)

  ~ gen/alloca.c

  > know __arm__ too (deraadt@)

== libexec =========================================================== 05/11 ==

spamd

  ~ sdl.h                                 ~ spamd.c

  > some cleanups prompted by lint, no really nasty bugs; ok beck (deraadt@)

== regress =========================================================== 06/11 ==

usr.bin

  + xlint/test-6.c                        + xlint/test-6.c.exp

  > Regression test for __func__ (cloder@)

  ~ xlint/Makefile

  > Regression test for __func__ (cloder@)

  ~ xlint/Makefile                        + xlint/test-7.c
  + xlint/test-7.c.exp

  > Regression test for slashslash comments (cloder@)

== sbin ============================================================== 07/11 ==

ipsecctl

  ~ ipsecctl.c

  > handle that pfkey_ipsec_flush() can fail. (hshoexer@)

sysctl

  ~ sysctl.c

  > add a sensor type for drive status and hook esm up with it.
  > ok marco@ grange@ deraadt@ (dlg@)

== share ============================================================= 08/11 ==

  ~ man4/options.4                        ~ man7/environ.7
  ~ man7/hier.7

  > timezone -> time zone (jmc@)

  ~ man7/hier.7

  > timezone -> time zone
  > that i missed ;( (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.i386/esm.4

  > Add watchdog heading. (marco@)

  ~ man4/ipmi.4

  > Add watchdog heading.  Lots of help from various people. (marco@)

  ~ man4/ipmi.4

  > clean up the watchdog section; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.i386/esm.4

  > clean up the watchdog section; (jmc@)

mk

  ~ bsd.lib.mk

  > support for Fortran 77 libraries
  > "go ahead" espie@, "looks reasonable" kettenis@ (steven@)

== sys =============================================================== 09/11 ==

  ~ esm.c                                 ~ esmreg.h

  > determine the status of fan, volt, and temp sensors by reading the
  > thresholds off at attach and then comparing the value at update to these
  > cutoffs. (dlg@)

  ~ esm.c

  > reorder slightly (dlg@)

  ~ esm.c

  > add a sensor type for drive status and hook esm up with it.
  > ok marco@ grange@ deraadt@ (dlg@)

  ~ esm.c

  > format string mishandling (deraadt@)

compat/common

  ~ vfs_syscalls_25.c

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

compat/freebsd

  ~ freebsd_file.c

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

compat/netbsd

  ~ netbsd_file.c

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

dev

  ~ ipmi.c

  > spacing (deraadt@)

  > a few more saa philips tv cards (mickey@)

  > regen (mickey@)

  ~ emuxki.c                              ~ emuxkireg.h
  ~ emuxkivar.h

  > - add initial SB Audigy support
  > - add big-endian support
  > - fix a few typos
  > From NetBSD
  > - use pci_matchbyid()
  > Known working SB Live's tested by numerous users with no reported
  > regressions;
  > though no one has stepped up to test out the Audigy support yet.
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

dev/usb

  ~ usbdevs

  > new vendor: Thrustmaster; OK deraadt at .sa@)

  > regen (xsa@)

isofs/cd9660

  ~ cd9660_vfsops.c

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

kern

  ~ vfs_lookup.c                          ~ vfs_subr.c
  ~ vfs_sync.c                            ~ vfs_syscalls.c

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_syscalls.c                        ~ nfs_vfsops.c

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

sys

  ~ mount.h

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

  ~ sensors.h

  > add a sensor type for drive status and hook esm up with it.
  > ok marco@ grange@ deraadt@ (dlg@)

ufs/ext2fs

  ~ ext2fs_vfsops.c

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ ffs_vfsops.c

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

  ~ ffs_vfsops.c

  > Use suser() to check for root privileges, okay hshoexer@ deraadt@ (pedro@)

ufs/mfs

  ~ mfs_vfsops.c

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

ufs/ufs

  ~ ufs_quota.c

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

xfs

  ~ xfs_config.h

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 10/11 ==

newsyslog

  ~ newsyslog.8

  > timezone -> time zone (jmc@)

rcs

  ~ rcsdiff.1                             ~ rlog.1

  > document `-ztz'; (xsa@)

  ~ rcs.1                                 ~ rcsprog.c

  > `-ztz' is only here for compatibility; (xsa@)

  ~ co.1                                  ~ rlog.1

  > timzeone -> time zone; preferred by jmc at .sa@)

  ~ co.c

  > writeable -> writable (xsa@)

  ~ ident.c

  > correct usage(); (xsa@)

  ~ co.c

  > check for ownership of already present writable file when checking out;
  > (xsa@)

ssh

  ~ ssh.1

  > timezone -> time zone (jmc@)

  ~ ssh.1

  > avoid ambiguities in describing TZ;
  > ok djm@ (jmc@)

xlint

  ~ lint1/scan.l

  > Fix a very old bug_t with memset (cloder@)

  ~ lint1/scan.l

  > KNF (cloder@)

  ~ lint1/cgram.y

  > KNF (cloder@)

  ~ lint2/read.c                          ~ lint1/cgram.y

  > spacing (deraadt@)

  ~ lint1/scan.l

  > Add support for // comments. From NetBSD (cloder@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 11/11 ==

afs

  ~ include/config.h                      ~ src/include/config.h

  > No need for vfs_busy() and vfs_unbusy() to take a process pointer
  > anymore. Testing by jolan@, thanks. (pedro@)

bgpd

  ~ rde.c

  > No need to filter incoming withdraws just try to remove everything form the
  > RIB -- if it got filtered before so be it. (claudio@)

config

  ~ config.8

  > put the command list back in order; (jmc@)