[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-12-01

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Dec 2 07:00:41 GMT 2005

distrib/notes                           distrib/sets
gnu/usr.bin/perl                        lib/libevent
libexec/ftpd                            libexec/spamd
regress/usr.bin                         sbin/ipsecctl
share/man                               share/mk
sys/arch/cats/include                   sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k                sys/arch/m88k/include
sys/arch/m88k/m88k                      sys/arch/zaurus/include
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/isofs/cd9660                        sys/msdosfs
sys/netinet                             usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.bin/xargs
usr.bin/xlint                           usr.sbin/hostapd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/10 ==

  ~ i386/hardware

  > bge is on floppy b.
  > prodded by miod@ (dlg@)

sets

  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/comp/md.sgi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/10 ==

usr.bin/perl

  ~ sv.c

  > Fix an int oflow bug in perl's parameter format string code.
  > Credit: Jack Louis of Dyad Security (millert@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/10 ==

libevent

  ~ signal.c

  > save errno in signal handler since it does a system call
  > only access sig_atomic_t variables, to make it further save
  > ok aaron (deraadt@)

== libexec =========================================================== 04/10 ==

ftpd

  ~ ftpd.c

  > fix double var declarations in same scope, found by lint; ok deraadt cloder
  > (pvalchev@)

spamd

  ~ spamd.8

  > Spell "blacklisted" consistently.
  > ok jmc@ (tom@)

== regress =========================================================== 05/10 ==

usr.bin

  ~ xlint/Makefile                        + xlint/test-8.c
  + xlint/test-8.c.exp                    + xlint/test-8.h

  > Add regression test for lint2 being less noisy about "foo declared but
  > never used or defined". (cloder@)

  ~ xlint/Makefile                        + xlint/test-9.c
  + xlint/test-9.c.exp

  > Regress test for testing unsigned less than 0 (cloder@)

  ~ xlint/test-9.c

  > Fix comment, noted by Dries Schellekens (cloder@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/10 ==

ipsecctl

  ~ ipsecctl.c

  > do not choke and dump core when printing bypass flows.  noticed by jacob
  > schlyter.  Thanks! (hshoexer@)

  ~ parse.y

  > spacing (deraadt@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  ~ man4/ichwdt.4

  > The driver can report about reboot on timeout.
  > Help in english from jmc at .range@)

mk

  ~ bsd.lib.mk

  > remove some crud (deraadt@)

  ~ bsd.lib.mk

  > Build lib.a, lib_p.a and lib.so.x.y with -g1.
  > This should give us meaningful backtraces through system libraries.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

arch/cats/include

  ~ spinlock.h

  > fix #endif crud (deraadt@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ esm.c

  > shrink code size by sharing some printf code, no change in how it works
  > ok dlg marco (deraadt@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ machdep.c

  > Do not depend on MAX_CPUS being 4. (miod@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ mmu.h                                 ~ pmap.h
  ~ vmparam.h

  > Get rid of PMAP_NULL and xx_ENTRY_NULL and simply use NULL when necessary.
  > (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  ~ pmap.c                                ~ trap.c

  > Get rid of PMAP_NULL and xx_ENTRY_NULL and simply use NULL when necessary.
  > (miod@)

arch/zaurus/include

  ~ spinlock.h

  > fix #endif crud (deraadt@)

dev/ic

  ~ mpt.c                                 ~ mpt.h
  ~ mpt_openbsd.c                         ~ mpt_openbsd.h

  > bus_dma code clean up. No functional change. Polished form of diff
  > from marco at .  > ok marco@ (krw@)

  ~ aic7xxx.c

  > bus_dma code clean up. No functional change. Polished form of diff
  > from marco at .  > ok marco@ (krw@)

dev/pci

  ~ mpt_pci.c

  > move some things around so i have less trouble reading this, fix a spelling
  > mistake and add some knf.
  > ok marco@ (dlg@)

  ~ mpt_pci.c

  > i hate mpt_softc_t, so replace use of it with struct mpt_softc. add some
  > macros to deal with pci_conf reads and writes, which makes the code smaller
  > and easier (for me) to read. make attach a bit less convoluted.
  > ok marco@ (dlg@)

isofs/cd9660

  ~ cd9660_vfsops.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_8
  > MFC:
  > Fix by pedro@
  > Add missing cast when reading in the file size, fixes PR 4480.
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

  ~ cd9660_vfsops.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_3_7
  > MFC:
  > Fix by pedro@
  > Add missing cast when reading in the file size, fixes PR 4480.
  > ok deraadt@ (brad@)

msdosfs

  ~ msdosfs_vnops.c

  > Add missing cache_purge() in msdosfs_rename().
  > Spotted by tedu@, okay tom@ and tedu at .edro@)

netinet

  ~ tcp_input.c

  > allow RST if the th_seq matches rcv_nxt in case the RST follows the
  > data immediately.  otherwise we would ignore RST for delayed acks;
  > ok deraadt, dhartmei (markus@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcs.h

  > rcs_findrev() is not static anymore; align protos while here;
  > OK joris@ niallo at .sa@)

  ~ diff.c

  > - fix unified and context diff output, finally!
  > this was a long standing bug, and the fix is hilarious.
  > ok joris@ (niallo@)

  ~ diff.c

  > - fix up context and unified diff output in both open rcs and open cvs so
  > that the date is set correctly.
  > ok joris@ (niallo@)

rcs

  ~ rcsintro.7

  > some more bite; writing about rcsdiff(1); OK jmc at .sa@)

  ~ Makefile

  > link rcsintro.7; (xsa@)

  ~ rcsdiff.c

  > - fix up context and unified diff output in both open rcs and open cvs so
  > that the date is set correctly.
  > ok joris@ (niallo@)

xargs

  ~ strnsubst.c

  > lint makes it easy to find these really bad ones, like size_t n = snprintf
  > (cloder@)

xlint

  ~ lint1/scan.l

  > Typo (cloder@)

  ~ lint2/chk.c                           ~ lint2/externs2.h
  ~ lint2/read.c

  > Make lint quieter by only warning on "foo declared but never used or
  > defined" when foo is declared in the translation unit that lint is working
  > on.  This means that symbols that are declared in an included header file
  > don't get this warning, ever. (cloder@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 10/10 ==

hostapd

  ~ apme.c                                ~ hostapd.h
  ~ iapp.c

  > deauthenticate all stations on startup which will force them to
  > reassociate cleanly. (reyk@)

  ~ apme.c                                ~ handle.c
  ~ hostapd.c                             ~ hostapd.h
  ~ iapp.c                                ~ llc.c
  ~ parse.y                               ~ privsep.c

  > move iapp configuration in a separate data structure (reyk@)

  ~ hostapd.conf.5                        ~ hostapd.h
  ~ parse.y

  > support netmasks in table entry ip address assignments (reyk@)

  ~ hostapd.conf.5                        ~ hostapd.h
  ~ iapp.c                                ~ parse.y

  > add configuration option to enable/disable specified iapp subtype handling
  > (reyk@)

  ~ hostapd.conf.5

  > typo (deraadt@)

  ~ hostapd.conf.5