[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-12-03

ODC auto at squish.net
Sun Dec 4 07:00:25 GMT 2005

gnu/usr.bin/binutils                    gnu/usr.bin/perl
lib/librthread                          libexec/ftpd
regress/usr.bin                         sys/arch/hp300/dev
sys/arch/hp300/hp300                    sys/arch/luna88k/dev
sys/arch/luna88k/include                sys/arch/luna88k/luna88k
sys/arch/m88k/conf                      sys/arch/m88k/include
sys/arch/m88k/m88k                      sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k
sys/arch/mvme68k/dev                    sys/arch/mvme88k/dev
sys/arch/mvme88k/include                sys/arch/mvme88k/mvme88k
sys/dev/eisa                            sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/isa                             sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/bc
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/rcs
usr.bin/xlint

== gnu =============================================================== 01/06 ==

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ gdb/Makefile.in                       ~ gdb/defs.h
  ~ gdb/solib.c                           ~ gdb/solib.h
  ~ gdb/utils.c                           ~ gdb/doc/observer.texi
  + gdb/bsd-uthread.c                     + gdb/bsd-uthread.h

  > Threads support. (kettenis@)

  ~ gdb/i386obsd-tdep.c                   ~ gdb/config/i386/obsd.mt
  ~ gdb/config/i386/obsd64.mt

  > i386 threads support. (kettenis@)

usr.bin/perl

  ~ sv.c

  > Use PERL_INT_MAX instead of INT_MAX in previous commit for consistency
  > with the rest of perl.  On OpenBSD PERL_INT_MAX is the same as INT_MAX.
  > From rse at engelschall.com.illert@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/06 ==

librthread

  + Makefile                              + rthread.c
  + rthread.h                             + rthread_attr.c
  + rthread_sched.c                       + rthread_sig.c
  + rthread_sync.c                        + rthread_tls.c
  + arch/amd64/_atomic_lock.c             + arch/amd64/rfork_thread.S
  + arch/i386/_atomic_lock.c              + arch/i386/rfork_thread.S

  > add userland thread library.  incomplete, but functional (tedu@)

  ~ rthread.c                             ~ rthread_sched.c

  > syscall is actually sched_yield now, as millert suggested (tedu@)

  ~ Makefile

  > rcs for the makefile (tedu@)

== libexec =========================================================== 03/06 ==

ftpd

  ~ ftpd.c

  > remove shadowing variables; ok pval (deraadt@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/06 ==

usr.bin

  ~ xlint/Makefile                        ~ xlint/test-11.c
  + xlint/test-11.c.exp

  > Add a couple more __attribute__ test cases to test 11, and hook up 11
  > now that lint deals with attributes. (cloder@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

arch/hp300/dev

  ~ mb89352.c

  > The first thing done when XXX_scsi_cmd() returns TRY_AGAIN_LATER is
  > to set xs->error to XS_BUSY. So it is pointless and misleading to
  > set xs->error to XS_TIMEOUT, XS_DRIVER_STUFFUP or XS_BUSY just before
  > returning TRY_AGAIN_LATER.
  > No functional change.
  > ok miod@ (krw@)

arch/hp300/hp300

  ~ clock.c

  > splimp -> splvm
  > ok miod@ (brad@)

arch/luna88k/dev

  ~ mb89352.c

  > The first thing done when XXX_scsi_cmd() returns TRY_AGAIN_LATER is
  > to set xs->error to XS_BUSY. So it is pointless and misleading to
  > set xs->error to XS_TIMEOUT, XS_DRIVER_STUFFUP or XS_BUSY just before
  > returning TRY_AGAIN_LATER.
  > No functional change.
  > ok miod@ (krw@)

arch/luna88k/include

  ~ locore.h

  > Switch m88k ports to __HAVE_CPUINFO. Current cpu pointer is held in SR0
  > on all running processors.
  > Tested aoyama@ and I (miod@)

  ~ locore.h

  > Turn read_processor_identification_register() into a simple macro with a
  > much, much, much shorter name. It is only used to print cpu revision
  > anyway... (miod@)

  + mutex.h

  > Fast __HAVE_MUTEX implementation for m88k platforms. (miod@)

  + lock.h

  > Implement __cpu_simple_lock_t for m88k. (miod@)

arch/luna88k/luna88k

  ~ eh.S                                  ~ locore.S
  ~ m8820x.c                              ~ machdep.c

  > Switch m88k ports to __HAVE_CPUINFO. Current cpu pointer is held in SR0
  > on all running processors.
  > Tested aoyama@ and I (miod@)

  ~ locore.S

  > intstack does not need to be visible from C code anymore. (miod@)

arch/m88k/conf

  ~ files.m88k

  > Switch m88k ports to __HAVE_CPUINFO. Current cpu pointer is held in SR0
  > on all running processors.
  > Tested aoyama@ and I (miod@)

  ~ files.m88k

  > Fast __HAVE_MUTEX implementation for m88k platforms. (miod@)

arch/m88k/include

  ~ asm.h                                 ~ cmmu.h
  ~ cpu.h                                 ~ pcb.h
  ~ types.h

  > Switch m88k ports to __HAVE_CPUINFO. Current cpu pointer is held in SR0
  > on all running processors.
  > Tested aoyama@ and I (miod@)

  ~ asm_macro.h

  > Turn read_processor_identification_register() into a simple macro with a
  > much, much, much shorter name. It is only used to print cpu revision
  > anyway... (miod@)

  ~ types.h                               + mutex.h

  > Fast __HAVE_MUTEX implementation for m88k platforms. (miod@)

  ~ intr.h                                + lock.h

  > Implement __cpu_simple_lock_t for m88k. (miod@)

  ~ cmmu.h                                ~ pmap.h

  > Replace simplelocks with __cpu_simple_locks for cmmu and pmap locking,
  > for the MULTIPROCESSOR case. (miod@)

arch/m88k/m88k

  - cmmu.c                                ~ eh_common.S
  ~ genassym.cf                           ~ m88k_machdep.c
  ~ pmap.c                                ~ process.S
  ~ subr.S                                ~ trap.c
  ~ vm_machdep.c

  > Switch m88k ports to __HAVE_CPUINFO. Current cpu pointer is held in SR0
  > on all running processors.
  > Tested aoyama@ and I (miod@)

  ~ m8820x_machdep.c                      ~ subr.S

  > Turn read_processor_identification_register() into a simple macro with a
  > much, much, much shorter name. It is only used to print cpu revision
  > anyway... (miod@)

  ~ eh_common.S

  > intstack does not need to be visible from C code anymore. (miod@)

  ~ pmap.c

  > Dissociate pmap locks and spl usage; code will now do explicit spl
  > processing
  > in addition to pmap locking; no functional change. (miod@)

  ~ genassym.cf                           + mutex.S

  > Fast __HAVE_MUTEX implementation for m88k platforms. (miod@)

  ~ m8820x_machdep.c                      ~ m88k_machdep.c
  ~ pmap.c

  > Replace simplelocks with __cpu_simple_locks for cmmu and pmap locking,
  > for the MULTIPROCESSOR case. (miod@)

arch/mac68k/mac68k

  ~ intr.c

  > splimp -> splhigh
  > From NetBSD
  > ok miod@ (brad@)

arch/mvme68k/dev

  ~ sbic.c                                ~ ssh.c
  ~ vs.c

  > The first thing done when XXX_scsi_cmd() returns TRY_AGAIN_LATER is
  > to set xs->error to XS_BUSY. So it is pointless and misleading to
  > set xs->error to XS_TIMEOUT, XS_DRIVER_STUFFUP or XS_BUSY just before
  > returning TRY_AGAIN_LATER.
  > No functional change.
  > ok miod@ (krw@)

arch/mvme88k/dev

  ~ vs.c

  > The first thing done when XXX_scsi_cmd() returns TRY_AGAIN_LATER is
  > to set xs->error to XS_BUSY. So it is pointless and misleading to
  > set xs->error to XS_TIMEOUT, XS_DRIVER_STUFFUP or XS_BUSY just before
  > returning TRY_AGAIN_LATER.
  > No functional change.
  > ok miod@ (krw@)

arch/mvme88k/include

  ~ locore.h

  > Switch m88k ports to __HAVE_CPUINFO. Current cpu pointer is held in SR0
  > on all running processors.
  > Tested aoyama@ and I (miod@)

  ~ locore.h

  > Turn read_processor_identification_register() into a simple macro with a
  > much, much, much shorter name. It is only used to print cpu revision
  > anyway... (miod@)

  + mutex.h

  > Fast __HAVE_MUTEX implementation for m88k platforms. (miod@)

  + lock.h

  > Implement __cpu_simple_lock_t for m88k. (miod@)

arch/mvme88k/mvme88k

  ~ eh.S                                  ~ locore.S
  ~ m188_machdep.c                        ~ m88110.c
  ~ m8820x.c                              ~ machdep.c

  > Switch m88k ports to __HAVE_CPUINFO. Current cpu pointer is held in SR0
  > on all running processors.
  > Tested aoyama@ and I (miod@)

  ~ m88110.c

  > Turn read_processor_identification_register() into a simple macro with a
  > much, much, much shorter name. It is only used to print cpu revision
  > anyway... (miod@)

  ~ locore.S

  > intstack does not need to be visible from C code anymore. (miod@)

  ~ m88110.c

  > Remove unused debug material. (miod@)

  ~ m88110.c

  > Replace simplelocks with __cpu_simple_locks for cmmu and pmap locking,
  > for the MULTIPROCESSOR case. (miod@)

dev/eisa

  ~ aha1742.c

  > The first thing done when XXX_scsi_cmd() returns TRY_AGAIN_LATER is
  > to set xs->error to XS_BUSY. So it is pointless and misleading to
  > set xs->error to XS_TIMEOUT, XS_DRIVER_STUFFUP or XS_BUSY just before
  > returning TRY_AGAIN_LATER.
  > No functional change. (krw@)

dev/ic

  ~ mpt.c                                 ~ mpt.h
  ~ mpt_openbsd.c                         ~ mpt_openbsd.h

  > Remove some typedef struct goo. (marco@)

  ~ gdt_common.c

  > Don't retry unsupported SCSI commands by returning TRY_AGAIN_LATER.
  > They aren't going to be magically supported the next time. Elminates a
  > long delay at boot time, since TRY_AGAIN_LATER code was recently fixed
  > to delay a second before retrying and MODE SENSE commands were
  > reclassified as unsupported.
  > ok tdeval@ marco@ (krw@)

  ~ aac.c                                 ~ adv.c
  ~ adw.c                                 ~ aic6360.c
  ~ ami.c                                 ~ bha.c
  ~ cac.c                                 ~ dpt.c
  ~ gdt_common.c                          ~ iha.c
  ~ isp_openbsd.c                         ~ osiop.c
  ~ siop.c                                ~ trm.c
  ~ twe.c                                 ~ uha.c

  > The first thing done when XXX_scsi_cmd() returns TRY_AGAIN_LATER is
  > to set xs->error to XS_BUSY. So it is pointless and misleading to
  > set xs->error to XS_TIMEOUT, XS_DRIVER_STUFFUP or XS_BUSY just before
  > returning TRY_AGAIN_LATER.
  > No functional change. (krw@)

  ~ if_wi.c                               ~ if_wi_hostap.c

  > splimp -> splnet
  > ok marco@ (brad@)

dev/isa

  ~ wds.c                                 ~ seagate.c
  ~ aha.c

  > The first thing done when XXX_scsi_cmd() returns TRY_AGAIN_LATER is
  > to set xs->error to XS_BUSY. So it is pointless and misleading to
  > set xs->error to XS_TIMEOUT, XS_DRIVER_STUFFUP or XS_BUSY just before
  > returning TRY_AGAIN_LATER.
  > No functional change. (krw@)

  > Regen (pedro@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > Add ATI IXP200 Modem, from Bruno Oliveira Silvestre, okay deraadt@ (pedro@)

dev/usb

  ~ ehci.c                                ~ ohci.c
  ~ uhci.c

  > Allow strings descriptor 0 to be fetched.  It's the default language index.
  > From augustss NetBSD
  > ok dlg@ (brad@)

  ~ if_wi_usb.c

  > splimp -> splnet
  > ok marco@ (brad@)

kern

  ~ init_main.c                           ~ init_sysent.c
  ~ kern_exec.c                           ~ kern_exit.c
  ~ kern_fork.c                           ~ kern_kthread.c
  ~ kern_proc.c                           ~ kern_prot.c
  ~ kern_sig.c                            ~ kern_synch.c
  ~ syscalls.c                            ~ syscalls.master

  > kernel support for threaded processes (rthreads).
  > uses rfork(RFTHREAD) to create threads, which are presently processes
  > that are a little more tightly bound together.  several new syscalls
  > added to facilitate a userland thread library.
  > all conditional on RTHREADS, currently disabled.
  > ok deraadt (tedu@)

  ~ init_sysent.c                         ~ syscalls.c

  > rebuild (tedu@)

sys

  ~ param.h                               ~ proc.h
  ~ syscall.h                             ~ syscallargs.h

  > kernel support for threaded processes (rthreads).
  > uses rfork(RFTHREAD) to create threads, which are presently processes
  > that are a little more tightly bound together.  several new syscalls
  > added to facilitate a userland thread library.
  > all conditional on RTHREADS, currently disabled.
  > ok deraadt (tedu@)

  ~ syscall.h                             ~ syscallargs.h

  > rebuild (tedu@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/06 ==

bc

  ~ scan.l

  > ARGSUSED signal handler (deraadt@)

cvs

  ~ checkout.c                            ~ cmd.c
  ~ cvs.h                                 ~ diff3.c
  ~ entries.c                             ~ file.c
  ~ file.h                                ~ import.c
  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcs.h
  ~ remove.c                              ~ resp.c
  ~ update.c                              ~ util.c

  > add very basic support for the following stuff:
  > - checkout in local mode (example: /cvs)
  > - update in local and server mode (example: /cvs and user at hostvs)
  > - import in local and server mode (example: /cvs and user at hostvs)
  > what remains to be done:
  > - not all options are supported yet, and update cannot pick up newly
  > added files yet. these things are pending and will be commited
  > real soon.
  > - checkout only works locally right now.
  > - fix rcs parsing code so that we don't fucking hog 100% cpu
  > on really BIG BIG BIG ass trees.
  > mainly tested by pedro@ and myself, thanks a lot pedro!
  > "go for it" niallo@ (joris@)

  ~ rcs.c

  > usr.bin/rcs stuff doesn't care about cvs_checkout_rev(); (joris@)

  ~ file.c                                ~ file.h

  > remove unused and useless functions, they just get in the way; (joris@)

  ~ util.c

  > nuke unused vars; (joris@)

  ~ update.c

  > respect Q flag in output; (joris@)

  ~ cvs.h                                 ~ entries.c

  > - teach opencvs about Entries.Log and what to do with it
  > it it exists in the CVS admin dir.
  > - when writing the Entries file write it to Entries.Backup first and
  > then rename it to Entries when the writing was successfull. (joris@)

  ~ cvs.c                                 ~ cvs.h
  ~ file.c                                ~ rcs.c
  ~ util.c

  > fix date handling in opencvs, this was broken since the very start.
  > now, when you checkout a tree with gnu cvs, opencvs no longer sees all
  > the files as modified, and visa versa.
  > this actually makes gnu cvs and opencvs dance together in working copies.
  > (joris@)

  ~ rcs.c                                 ~ rcs.h
  ~ update.c

  > todd@ reminds me:
  > If you 'vi file.c' and change stuff, then 'make depend && make' you'll
  > have a file.o file most definately more recent than the latest committed
  > version of file.c.
  > Then, if you rm file.c, and cvs update file.c, if 'file.c' is set to the
  > timestamp of the last committed version, a subsequent 'make' will not
  > rebuild the .o file.
  > to fix this we simply use the current timestamp when updating files.
  > thanks todd@! (joris@)

  ~ req.c

  > strip any trailing slashes in the received Directory
  > request, to make sure we are compatible with gnu; (joris@)

rcs

  ~ ci.c

  > - add support for -t[description] and -t-[file containing description]
  > (niallo@)

  ~ ci.1

  > - document `-t' option. (niallo@)

  ~ ci.c

  > - whoops, its -t-string or -tfile, not the other way around
  > - sync checkin_usage() with reality (niallo@)

xlint

  ~ lint1/cgram.y                         ~ lint1/lint1.h
  ~ lint1/scan.l

  > Lint can now parse every variation of gcc's __attribute__ that I could find
  > either in our tree or in the gcc docs.  See regression test 11 for examples
  > of this.  Right now, our cdefs.h actually defines __attribute__(x) to blank
  > when lint runs.  We can change this whenever we choose. (cloder@)

  ~ lint1/lint1.h                         ~ lint1/scan.l