[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-12-19

ODC auto at squish.net
Tue Dec 20 07:00:21 GMT 2005

include/wchar.h                         lib/libc
lib/libossaudio                         lib/librthread
regress/lib                             sbin/fsck_ffs
sbin/fsdb                               sbin/growfs
sbin/newfs                              sbin/newlfs
share/man                               sys/arch/hppa/include
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/sgi/localbus
sys/arch/sgi/sgi                        sys/dev/i2c
sys/dev/pci                             sys/sys
sys/ufs/ufs                             usr.bin/crontab
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/ipcrm
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.sbin/bgpd

== include =========================================================== 01/08 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

wchar.h

  ~ wchar.h

  > This piece was missed in the _FOO_SOURCE -> __FOO_VISIBLE change set.
  > (millert@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/08 ==

  ~ gen/authenticate.c

  > Use strlcpy() return value in bound check instead of using	an
  > extra strlen().  This has been in my tree for a long time. (millert@)

  ~ stdio/vfprintf.c                      ~ stdio/vfscanf.c

  > Add %hhd to *printf and *scanf as well as %z to *scanf.  This was
  > sent out and approved about 6 months ago and has been rotting in
  > my tree ever since. (millert@)

  ~ stdio/vfprintf.c

  > Missing piece from previous commit (millert@)

libossaudio

  ~ soundcard.h

  > Use __BSD_VISIBLE instead of _POSIX_SOURCE to avoid pulling
  > in most of machine/endian.h.  OK espie@ (millert@)

librthread

  ~ rthread_tls.c

  > sanity check for key_delete was missing ! (tedu@)

  ~ rthread.c                             ~ rthread.h
  ~ rthread_attr.c

  > add pthread_get/set_concurrency (useless for now)
  > add pthread_get/set_stack[addr] (info not used yet) (tedu@)

  ~ rthread.c                             ~ rthread.h
  ~ rthread_attr.c                        ~ rthread_sched.c
  ~ rthread_sync.c                        ~ rthread_tls.c

  > update copyright to 2005 (tedu@)

  ~ rthread_sig.c

  > this file didn't exist in 2004, so copyright must be 2005 (tedu@)

  ~ rthread.c

  > fix rev 1.9
  > pthread_concurrency -> pthread_setconcurrency (brad@)

  ~ rthread.h                             ~ arch/hppa/_atomic_lock.c

  > Fix hppa ldcw alignment issue.
  > Help deraadt, tedu, kettenis
  > Ok tedu, kettenis (marco@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/08 ==

lib

  ~ libpthread/pthread_mutex/pthread_mutex.c

  > after mutex_unlock, there's no guarantee that a waiting thread will
  > start running.  calling pthread_yield makes test pass with rthreads (tedu@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

fsck_ffs

  ~ pass1.c                               ~ setup.c

  > Add and use a few more constants and macros needed by UFS2
  > No functional change (pedro@)

fsdb

  ~ fsdbutil.c

  > Add and use a few more constants and macros needed by UFS2
  > No functional change (pedro@)

growfs

  ~ growfs.c

  > Add and use a few more constants and macros needed by UFS2
  > No functional change (pedro@)

newfs

  ~ mkfs.c

  > Add and use a few more constants and macros needed by UFS2
  > No functional change (pedro@)

newlfs

  ~ lfs.c

  > Add and use a few more constants and macros needed by UFS2
  > No functional change (pedro@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man3/intro.3

  > r.i.p. libresolv
  > ok pval (jmc@)

  ~ man4/auixp.4

  > trivial typo (ian@)

  ~ man4/Makefile                         + man4/ichiic.4

  > Add ichiic(4) man page. (grange@)

  ~ man4/gscsio.4

  > Fix SYNOPSIS. (grange@)

  ~ man4/pci.4

  > Xr ichiic(4) and ichwdt(4). (grange@)

  ~ man4/pci.4

  > Err, now add ichiic and ichwdt for real. (grange@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/hppa/include

  ~ spinlock.h

  > Fix hppa ldcw alignment issue.
  > Help deraadt, tedu, kettenis
  > Ok tedu, kettenis (marco@)

  > New Intel ICH SMBus driver to be used with the iic(4) framework.
  > ok deraadt@ (grange@)

arch/sgi/localbus

  ~ macebus.c                             ~ macebus.h

  > Use MACE ISA constants instead of magic values. (miod@)

arch/sgi/sgi

  ~ autoconf.c

  > Constify. (miod@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > Use MACE ISA constants instead of magic values. (miod@)

dev/i2c

  ~ files.i2c                             ~ i2c.c
  ~ i2cvar.h                              + i2c_scan.c

  > First attempt to have a table of known I2C slave devices that we
  > have drivers for. iic(4) will scan the bus for them and try to
  > attach an appropriate driver.
  > For now iic(4) scans for all possible addresses for debugging purposes.
  > ok deraadt@ (grange@)

dev/pci

  ~ musycc.c

  > Be not too verbose else the debug output would stall a box if the wrong
  > mode is selected. Default debug output in the interrupt handler is not
  > very clever -- even if it is not compiled in by default. (claudio@)

  ~ if_art.c

  > Check or chop the timeslot map if the map or mode is changed. There is no
  > way
  > you can do 32 timeslots on a T1. (claudio@)

  ~ bt8370.c                              ~ bt8370reg.h

  > Make T1 mode work -- tested against an old dusty lmc(4) if found somewhere.
  > (claudio@)

  ~ files.pci                             + ichiic.c

  > New Intel ICH SMBus driver to be used with the iic(4) framework.
  > ok deraadt@ (grange@)

sys

  ~ event.h

  > Change sys/select.h -> sys/selinfo.h in comment. (millert@)

ufs/ufs

  ~ dinode.h                              ~ inode.h

  > Add and use a few more constants and macros needed by UFS2
  > No functional change (pedro@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

crontab

  ~ Makefile

  > remove trailing space (millert@)

cvs

  ~ cvs.c                                 ~ rcs.c

  > use fatal() if getpwuid() fails; OK joris at .sa@)

  ~ cvs.h                                 ~ log.h
  ~ xmalloc.c

  > move fatal() proto declaration to log.h; better for its use in usr.bin/rcs
  > OK joris at .sa@)

ipcrm

  ~ ipcrm.c

  > fix indentation (millert@)

rcs

  ~ ci.c                                  ~ co.c
  ~ rcsclean.c

  > use fatal() if getlogin() fails; (xsa@)

  ~ rde_attr.c