[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-12-29

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Dec 30 07:00:26 GMT 2005

include/ohash.h                         lib/librthread
sbin/ifconfig                           share/man
share/mk                                share/termtypes
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/i386/pci
sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc                sys/dev
sys/dev/i2c                             sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/pckbc
sys/miscfs/specfs                       usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/make                            usr.bin/sdiff
usr.sbin/hostapd                        usr.sbin/ospfd

== include =========================================================== 01/07 ==

  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

ohash.h

  ~ ohash.h

  > zap unused ohash_lookup_string declaration; ok espie (jaredy@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/07 ==

librthread

  ~ rthread_sync.c

  > the story in pthread_rwlockattr_destory() shoudl be destroyed (otto@)

  ~ rthread.c

  > implement pthread_main_np(); ok tedu@ (otto@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ rthread.c
  + rthread_np.c

  > Put the existing _np functions into separate file; introduce
  > pthread_stackseg_np(), from existing pthread lib.
  > discussed with tedu@ ok marc@ (otto@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

ifconfig

  ~ ifconfig.8

  > mention the keywords "wireless network interface" for the -M switch;
  > consistency with other 802.11-specific commands descriptions.
  > thanks to Andreas Bihlmaier (reyk@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man4/admtm.4

  > typo (brad@)

  ~ man5/bsd.port.mk.5

  > whitespace and wording; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/lmtemp.4

  > make SYNOPSIS look better;
  > from mike belopuhov;
  > ok grange (jmc@)

  ~ man4/emu.4

  > remove duplicate sentence;
  > from mike belopuhov; (jmc@)

mk

  ~ bsd.lib.mk

  > allows a shared library version to be set using LIBname_VERSION=major.minor
  > This overrides the major/minor contents of an shlib_version.
  > Useful for overriding version numbers in ports.
  > after discussion with bernd@, millert@, deraadt@ (espie@)

termtypes

  ~ termcap.5

  > .Nm does not require an argument;
  > from ray lai (jmc@)

  ~ termcap.5

  > supply missing args to .Xr;
  > from ray lai (jmc@)

  ~ termcap.5

  > standard sections;
  > from ray lai, tweaked by me; (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

  ~ mainbus.c

  > Fix isadma0 at isa0 at mainbus0
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.amd64

  > Add viapm(4).
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > add admcts(4) (deraadt@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add a bunch of i2c sensors.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > ichiic for intel amd64 machines; spotted by reyk (deraadt@)

  > right spot (deraadt@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add viapm(4). (kettenis@)

  ~ GENERIC

  > add admcts(4) (deraadt@)

arch/i386/pci

  ~ pchb.c

  > remove bad newline for the secondary PCI bus with the 82450KX/GX chipset
  > which was introduced in rev 1.11.
  > thanks to marco@ for pointing out the issue, testing and ok'ing the diff.
  > (brad@)

arch/powerpc/powerpc

  ~ pmap.c

  > W^X for G5
  > ok drahn@, totally groovy deraadt@ (kettenis@)

dev

  ~ vnd.c

  > Correctly bounds check transfers passed to vndstrategy() (pedro@)

dev/i2c

  ~ adm1021.c

  > "xeontemp" just means "looks like some sort of adm1021, or maxim1617,
  > but without any ID registers".  anyways, i found some that still have
  > two registers.  instead of using "xeontemp" to mean "only look at one
  > probe", use the existing 0x7f == short plus the ext-short bit in the
  > status register to determine validity.  otherwise, show them both.
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ i2c_scan.c

  > static functions suck (deraadt@)

  ~ i2c_scan.c

  > insanity debugged with djm -- here is the comment from the code:
  > + * Some Maxim 1617 clones MAY NOT even read cmd 0xfc!  When it is
  > + * read, they will power-on-reset.  Their default condition
  > + * (control register bit 0x80) therefore will be that they assert
  > + * /ALERT for the 5 potential errors that may occur.  One of those
  > + * errors is that the external temperature diode is missing.  This
  > + * is unfortunately a common choice of system designers, except
  > + * suddenly now we get a /ALERT, which may on some chipsets cause
  > + * us to receive an entirely unexpected SMI .. and then an NMI.
  > + *
  > + * As we probe each device, if we hit something which looks suspiciously
  > + * like it may potentially be a 1617 or clone, we immediately set this
  > + * variable to avoid reading that register offset. (deraadt@)

  ~ adm1021.c                             ~ adm1024.c
  ~ adm1025.c                             ~ adm1026.c
  ~ i2c_scan.c                            ~ lm75.c
  ~ lm_i2c.c

  > stop using I2C_F_POLL; it is a bus driver responsibility now (deraadt@)

  ~ i2c_scan.c                            ~ lm_i2c.c

  > Match a few more lm(4) Winbond and ASUS chips. (kettenis@)

dev/ic

  ~ pckbc.c

  > go via pckbc_enqeue_cmd() in pckbd_enable() if on; fixes PR 4615
  > ok miod@, mickey@ (martin@)

dev/pci

  ~ files.pci                             + viapm.c

  > Driver for SMBus coontroller integrated on VIA VT8237 bus control and power
  > management controller.
  > ok deraadt@ (kettenis@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > add a ServerWorks PCI Express to PCI-X bridge (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > add a VMware virtual NIC device id (reyk@)

  > regen (reyk@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > add additional Intel E7525 MCH subdevices. ok brad@ (reyk@)

  > regen (reyk@)

dev/pckbc

  ~ pckbd.c

  > go via pckbc_enqeue_cmd() in pckbd_enable() if on; fixes PR 4615
  > ok miod@, mickey@ (martin@)

miscfs/specfs

  ~ spec_vnops.c

  > Fix wrong optimization in spec_write() that goes: if we are about to do
  > a write that will globber the whole buffer, and it's not in cache, do
  > not bother reading it in. That's wrong, since the user may be trying to
  > write beyond the disk extent, in which case we definitely want to return
  > an error, rather than returning saying the write was okay, and failing
  > later on at an 'uncatched' biodone(). Okay tedu at .edro@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

  ~ resp.c

  > we were wrongly decrementing cvs_mtskt_depth when handling
  > a '-' MT response.
  > this caused checkout and update to fail remotely.
  > caught by xfree(). (joris@)

make

  ~ make.1

  > correction from ray lai;
  > ok espie (jmc@)

sdiff

  ~ sdiff.1

  > add an ENVIRONMENT section, and document EDITOR and VISUAL;
  > ok tedu (jmc@)

hostapd

  ~ hostapd.conf.5                        ~ parse.y

  > add an 'include' rule to hostapd.conf(5); based on an older diff from
  > dhartmei@ for the parser. this is useful if you have many hostapd
  > systems using the same configuration but individual local definitions
  > (like macros or table entries). (reyk@)

ospfd

  ~ lsupdate.c                            ~ ospfe.c
  ~ ospfe.h

  > Instead of a simple timer per neighbor for the LS retransmition list use
  > a timewheel. All LSA updates are now first added to the queue and sent out
  > later. This makes it possible to cluster multiple LSA updates into on OSPF
  > packet. This gives a massive speedup when large databases need to be
  > synced.
  > Tested and OK norby@ (claudio@)

  ~ ospfd.c                               ~ rde.c