[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-07-03

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Jul 4 08:00:23 BST 2005

sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/compat/osf1
sys/conf                                sys/dev/i2o
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/scsi                                sys/sys
sys/ufs/ext2fs                          sys/ufs/ffs
sys/ufs/lfs                             sys/ufs/mfs
sys/ufs/ufs

== sys =============================================================== 01/01 ==

  ~ RAMDISKC

  > sigh, aue cannot fit anymore because people keep growing code (deraadt@)

compat/osf1

  ~ osf1_mount.c

  > Extended Attributes was a piece to get to ACLs, however ACLs have not
  > been worked on, so EA is pointless. Also the code is not enabled
  > in GENERIC so it is not being tested or maintained. (drahn@)

conf

  ~ files

  > Extended Attributes was a piece to get to ACLs, however ACLs have not
  > been worked on, so EA is pointless. Also the code is not enabled
  > in GENERIC so it is not being tested or maintained. (drahn@)

dev/i2o

  ~ ioprbs.c

  > Fix data_length values in simulationed MODE SENSE page 4 responses so
  > that scsi_do_mode_sense() accepts them.
  > The data_length value does not include itself, and the pg_length value
  > in a mode page does not include itself or the page_code fields. We
  > were +1 on the former and -2 on the latter resulting in a data_length
  > value that was too small by one.
  > Eliminates 'mode sense page 5 not simulated' messages.
  > ok marco@ (krw@)

dev/ic

  ~ comreg.h

  > MCR_AFE, found on some chips (deraadt@)

  ~ aac.c                                 ~ ami.c
  ~ cac.c                                 ~ gdt_common.c
  ~ twe.c

  > Fix data_length values in simulationed MODE SENSE page 4 responses so
  > that scsi_do_mode_sense() accepts them.
  > The data_length value does not include itself, and the pg_length value
  > in a mode page does not include itself or the page_code fields. We
  > were +1 on the former and -2 on the latter resulting in a data_length
  > value that was too small by one.
  > Eliminates 'mode sense page 5 not simulated' messages.
  > ok marco@ (krw@)

  > add GeForce 6600 GT
  > From: Chuck Gagnon <gagnocg at mac dot com> (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ if_ti.c                               ~ if_tireg.h

  > - when printing the "unsupported chip revision" message also print the
  > chip revision.
  > - allow VLAN-sized frames even when not using hardware VLAN support. From
  > FreeBSD
  > - disestablish PCI interrupt on failure to attach.
  > - allow reception of Jumbo frames by default. Based on a diff sent to me a
  > long time
  > ago by mcbride@ (brad@)

  ~ pcidevs

  > GT -> GT AGP (brad@)

  > regen (brad@)

  ~ if_ti.c

  > adjust tuneable for Jumbo case (brad@)

  ~ if_ti.c

  > ETHERMTU_JUMBO -> ETHER_MAX_LEN_JUMBO (brad@)

  ~ if_vge.c

  > enable use of the hardware 64 entry CAM table for perfect multicast
  > filtering otherwise fallback on the multicast hash table if trying to
  > filter on more than 64 addresses or if we're trying to flip on ALLMULTI.
  > (brad@)

  ~ if_bce.c

  > fix MTU ioctl case (brad@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > no need for HW VLAN tag removal so clean up some code. (brad@)

  ~ if_em.c

  > include CRC (brad@)

kern

  ~ kern_descrip.c                        ~ vnode_if.src

  > change VOP_PATHCONF to take a locked vnode, as its
  > comment entry describes.  requires that sys_fpathconf()
  > lock its vnode.
  > lots of testing by jolan and myself, ok pedro (jaredy@)

  ~ vnode_if.c

  > regen (jaredy@)

  ~ syscalls.master                       ~ vfs_default.c
  ~ vfs_syscalls.c                        ~ vnode_if.src

  > Extended Attributes was a piece to get to ACLs, however ACLs have not
  > been worked on, so EA is pointless. Also the code is not enabled
  > in GENERIC so it is not being tested or maintained. (drahn@)

  ~ init_sysent.c                         ~ syscalls.c
  ~ vnode_if.c

  > sync (drahn@)

  ~ kern_proc.c

  > malloc(M_WAITOK) implies sleeping, so we have to double check that
  > somebody else didn't beat us in uid_find(). (tedu@)

net

  ~ if_media.c

  > rev 1.13
  > when changing to an unsupported media type, return EINVAL instead of
  > ENXIO.
  > From NetBSD (brad@)

scsi

  ~ scsi_disk.h

  > Add missing reserved byte to page_disk_format struct in
  > scsi_disk_pages union. From FreeBSD and SCSI spec. (krw@)

sys

  ~ vnode_if.h

  > regen (jaredy@)

  ~ malloc.h                              ~ mount.h

  > Extended Attributes was a piece to get to ACLs, however ACLs have not
  > been worked on, so EA is pointless. Also the code is not enabled
  > in GENERIC so it is not being tested or maintained. (drahn@)

  ~ syscall.h                             ~ syscallargs.h
  ~ vnode_if.h

  > sync (drahn@)

ufs/ext2fs

  ~ ext2fs_alloc.c                        ~ ext2fs_bmap.c
  ~ ext2fs_inode.c                        ~ ext2fs_lookup.c
  ~ ext2fs_subr.c                         ~ ext2fs_vfsops.c
  ~ ext2fs_vnops.c

  > Extended Attributes was a piece to get to ACLs, however ACLs have not
  > been worked on, so EA is pointless. Also the code is not enabled
  > in GENERIC so it is not being tested or maintained. (drahn@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ ffs_alloc.c                           ~ ffs_inode.c
  ~ ffs_softdep.c                         ~ ffs_softdep_stub.c
  ~ ffs_subr.c                            ~ ffs_vfsops.c
  ~ ffs_vnops.c

  > Extended Attributes was a piece to get to ACLs, however ACLs have not
  > been worked on, so EA is pointless. Also the code is not enabled
  > in GENERIC so it is not being tested or maintained. (drahn@)

ufs/lfs

  ~ lfs_vfsops.c

  > Extended Attributes was a piece to get to ACLs, however ACLs have not
  > been worked on, so EA is pointless. Also the code is not enabled
  > in GENERIC so it is not being tested or maintained. (drahn@)

ufs/mfs

  ~ mfs_vfsops.c

  > Extended Attributes was a piece to get to ACLs, however ACLs have not
  > been worked on, so EA is pointless. Also the code is not enabled
  > in GENERIC so it is not being tested or maintained. (drahn@)

ufs/ufs

  - extattr.h                             - ufs_extattr.c
  ~ ufs_bmap.c                            ~ ufs_dirhash.c
  ~ ufs_inode.c                           ~ ufs_lookup.c
  ~ ufs_quota.c                           ~ ufs_quota_stub.c
  ~ ufs_vfsops.c                          ~ ufs_vnops.c
  ~ ufsmount.h