[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-07-08

ODC auto at squish.net
Sat Jul 9 08:00:25 BST 2005

distrib/hp300                           distrib/sgi
sbin/dhclient                           share/man
sys/arch/sparc/conf                     sys/arch/sparc/dev
sys/arch/sparc/include                  sys/arch/sparc/sparc
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/wscons                          sys/kern
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/tcpdump                        usr.sbin/user

== distrib =========================================================== 01/06 ==

hp300

  ~ ramdisk/install.md

  > hp300 console is now vt220 so make that the default term type.  OK miod@
  > (millert@)

  ~ ramdisk/install.md

  > Don't need to specify MDTERM=vt220. vt220 is the default value.
  > ok millert@ (krw@)

sgi

  ~ ramdisk/install.md

  > Don't need to specify MDTERM=vt220. vt220 is the default value.
  > ok millert@ (krw@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/06 ==

dhclient

  ~ dhclient.c                            ~ dhcpd.h
  ~ options.c

  > Eliminate unused code and associated parameters.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

  ~ dhcpd.h                               ~ options.c
  ~ tables.c

  > More dead and moribund code removal/cleanup. This time unused parameters
  > and associated code for store_options().
  > ok henning@ (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 03/06 ==

  ~ man4/com.4

  > Sync locators with recent changes on hppa. (miod@)

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK
  ~ SUN4C                                 ~ SUN4M
  ~ files.sparc

  > Allow more than one auxio device to attach, and attach both SPARCbook auxio
  > registers. However, those are handled specifically since they do not have
  > the same meaning as the regular sun4c/sun4m auxio register.
  > A specific auxregbisc() function is provided for explicit sparcbook
  > operation. (miod@)

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ power.c

  > Partially revert r1.8 - we do not want to match on the SPARCbook auxio2
  > registers, after all. (miod@)

  ~ ts102reg.h

  > Fix external video synchro constants. (miod@)

  ~ tctrl.c

  > Do not report the battery status as critical but absent, when the battery
  > is missing. (miod@)

  ~ tctrl.c

  > The Tadpole SPARCbook S3000XT apparently needs auxio bit frobbing, in
  > addition
  > to a tctrl command, to turn the screen off (or back on), so deal with it.
  > (untested) (miod@)

  ~ zs.c

  > Add power hooks to the zs devices on sun4m if they have a pwr-on-auxio2
  > property (as found on sparcbooks). If so, frob the appropriate auxio2 bit
  > to enable and disable the port as necessary. (miod@)

arch/sparc/include

  ~ autoconf.h

  > Declare mainbus_model as extern here so that code outside of autoconf.c can
  > look at it (forgotten as part of the auxio commit) (miod@)

arch/sparc/sparc

  ~ auxioreg.h                            ~ auxreg.c

  > Allow more than one auxio device to attach, and attach both SPARCbook auxio
  > registers. However, those are handled specifically since they do not have
  > the same meaning as the regular sun4c/sun4m auxio register.
  > A specific auxregbisc() function is provided for explicit sparcbook
  > operation. (miod@)

dev/ic

  ~ mpt.c

  > Remove verbosity during autoconf when running in vmware. (marco@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_ti.c

  > add a return here. (brad@)

  ~ if_ti.c

  > - use ETHER_MAX_LEN_JUMBO in one more spot
  > - don't bother setting bad checksum flag, fallback on software (brad@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wskbd.c

  > Fix mismatched brace and compile when NWSMUX and NWSDISPLAY not defined.
  > OK uwe@ (marc@)

kern

  ~ subr_extent.c

  > Remove unused extent_insert_and_optimize() parameter 'flags'. Spotted
  > by lint.
  > ok art@ miod@ (krw@)

  ~ status.c

  > display in local mode only the mtime of a file stored in the Entries file;
  > Ok joris at .sa@)

  ~ checkout.c

  > do not send the Arguments to the server twice.
  > ok xsa@ (joris@)

  ~ checkout.c

  > - revert previous commit a bit, those arguments belonged to expand-modules.
  > - send -N by default, to match GNU's behaviour.
  > ok xsa@ (joris@)

  ~ status.c

  > hrmz spaces... (xsa@)

  ~ cmd.c

  > don't try to run the pruning function on server side. (joris@)

  ~ status.c

  > if a file has been locally added, output correct info! Ok joris at .sa@)

  ~ status.c

  > handle -Q correctly; Ok joris at .sa@)

  ~ add.c                                 ~ remove.c

  > split local and remote function handlers from each other. (joris@)

ssh

  ~ misc.c

  > Make comment match code; ok djm@ (dtucker@)

  ~ channels.h

  > race when efd gets closed while there is still buffered data:
  > change CHANNEL_EFD_OUTPUT_ACTIVE()
  > 1) c->efd must always be valid AND
  > 2a) no EOF has been seen OR
  > 2b) there is buffered data