[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-07-20

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Jul 21 08:00:23 BST 2005

distrib/sets                            lib/libc
lib/libz                                regress/sys
regress/usr.sbin                        sbin/isakmpd
sbin/sysctl                             sys/arch/macppc/stand
sys/arch/mips64/mips64                  sys/dev
sys/dev/ic                              sys/dev/pci
sys/lib/libkern                         sys/lib/libz
sys/net                                 sys/sys
sys/ufs/ffs                             sys/ufs/ufs
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/w
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== distrib =========================================================== 01/07 ==

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hp300
  ~ lists/base/md.hppa                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa64
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.mac68k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.mvme68k
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc                   ~ lists/base/md.sparc64
  ~ lists/base/md.zaurus

  > sync (deraadt@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/07 ==

  ~ sys/ptrace.2

  > No PT_[GS]ETFPREGS on mips. (miod@)

libz

  ~ ChangeLog                             ~ README
  ~ adler32.c                             ~ compress.3
  ~ compress.c                            ~ crc32.c
  ~ deflate.c                             ~ deflate.h
  ~ gzio.c                                ~ infback.c
  ~ inffast.c                             ~ inflate.c
  ~ inflate.h                             ~ inftrees.c
  ~ inftrees.h                            ~ shlib_version
  ~ trees.c                               ~ zconf.h
  ~ zlib.h                                ~ zutil.c
  ~ zutil.h

  > Update to zlib 1.2.3; OK deraadt@ (millert@)

  ~ compress.3

  > sync with zlib.h update (zlib-1.2.3); (jmc@)

  ~ Makefile

  > add MLINKS for new(ly documented) functions; (jmc@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/07 ==

  + kern/ptrace/ptrace.c                  + kern/ptrace/Makefile

  > Regress test for PT_READ_{D,I} and PT_IO. (write coming soon). (art@)

  ~ kern/ptrace/Makefile

  > run from .OBJDIR (deraadt@)

  ~ kern/ptrace/ptrace.c

  > EFAULT from PT_IO is a good error value too. (art@)

usr.sbin

  + pkg_add/minitar

  > minitar script to test OpenBSD::Ustar, should be able to read/write
  > archives
  > fully compatible with the tar Ustar format. (espie@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/07 ==

isakmpd

  ~ message.c

  > revert one TAILQ_FOREACH conversion from r1.112 which was
  > wrong and broke some isakmpd setups. ok hshoexer@ (moritz@)

sysctl

  ~ sysctl.c

  > Print the last two kern.nchstats entries. (miod@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

arch/macppc/stand

  ~ Makefile

  > put -lkern last, since libz needs syms in it (deraadt@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ cache_r10k.S                          ~ cache_r5k.S

  > typos (miod@)

  ~ interrupt.c

  > Always do the netisr_dispatch dance, rather than trying to be smart and use
  > three-line #if construct around it, which is wrong since the addition of
  > kernel pppoe and bluetooth code. (miod@)

dev

  ~ vnd.c

  > change sc_keyctx from void * to blf_ctx *.	there's no point for it to be
  > void and means we can't correctly use sizeof() on the target.
  > error report from frank denis in pr4290. (tedu@)

dev/ic

  ~ mpt_openbsd.c

  > Skip processor devices when running PPR as per XXX.  Ran into a box where
  > the
  > SAFTE device freaked out when a PPR was attempted. (marco@)

  ~ mpt_openbsd.c

  > Delete dead code. (marco@)

  ~ mpt_openbsd.c

  > Remove some old NetBSDism for resource shortages.  Add proper handling for
  > this
  > in OpenBSD. (marco@)

  ~ mpt_openbsd.c

  > Remove some more dead code and stale comments. (marco@)

  ~ rtl81x9.c

  > add a comment explaining why we set the MAC address as we do.
  > From FreeBSD (brad@)

  ~ rtl81x9.c

  > fix setting the MAC address in rl_init() so that "ifconfig lladdr" works
  > as expected.
  > From form@ via mpech@ (brad@)

dev/pci

  ~ if_bge.c

  > remove some unused code. (brad@)

lib/libkern

  ~ arch/powerpc/Makefile.inc

  > add moddi3, needed by new libz (deraadt@)

  ~ arch/powerpc/Makefile.inc

  > not needed (deraadt@)

lib/libz

  ~ adler32.c                             ~ crc32.c
  ~ infback.c                             ~ inffast.c
  ~ inflate.c                             ~ inflate.h
  ~ inftrees.c                            ~ inftrees.h
  ~ zconf.h                               ~ zlib.h
  ~ zutil.h

  > Update to zlib 1.2.3; OK deraadt@ (millert@)

net

  ~ pf_if.c

  > need to reset kif->pfik_group to NULL before calling pfi_kif_unref() so it
  > can
  > notice that this kif is not referenced and not attached to an interface
  > or a group and actually deletes it. plugs a memleak, PR 4267 is caused by
  > this. (henning@)

sys

  ~ namei.h

  > Typo in kern.nchstats sysctl names. (miod@)

ufs/ffs

  ~ ffs_softdep.c                         ~ ffs_softdep_stub.c
  ~ softdep.h

  > Reintroduce the changes made by tedu in revision 1.50 of ffs_softdep.c,
  > this time with a small tweak: when flushing the dependencies, don't
  > update the inode twice, but update once, and then, if needed, fsync it.
  > Doing so fixes the inode hangs some people were seeing.
  > Various testing for a while, especially krw@ and millert@, okay deraadt@
  > (pedro@)

ufs/ufs

  ~ ufs_extern.h                          ~ ufs_lookup.c

  > Reintroduce the changes made by tedu in revision 1.50 of ffs_softdep.c,
  > this time with a small tweak: when flushing the dependencies, don't
  > update the inode twice, but update once, and then, if needed, fsync it.
  > Doing so fixes the inode hangs some people were seeing.
  > Various testing for a while, especially krw@ and millert@, okay deraadt@
  > (pedro@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

  ~ remove.c

  > fix local mode; ok joris at .sa@)

  ~ buf.c

  > no need to append strerror(errno) in error msg if we use LP_ERRNO code;
  > (xsa@)

  ~ uptime.1                              ~ w.c

  > remove the -M and -N flags to uptime, they do nothing.
  > w(1) is unaffected by this.
  > closes PR#4298
  > ok millert, deraadt (jaredy@)

  ~ OpenBSD/Ustar.pm