[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-06-02

ODC auto at squish.net
Fri Jun 3 08:00:17 BST 2005

bin/pax                                 etc/MAKEDEV.common
etc/etc.alpha/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md                etc/etc.cats/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.hp300/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.hppa/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md                 etc/etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.mac68k/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.macppc/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.mvme68k/MAKEDEV                 etc/etc.mvme88k/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.sgi/MAKEDEV                     etc/etc.sparc/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV                 etc/etc.vax/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV                  etc/login.conf
etc/mtree/4.4BSD.dist                   etc/mtree/special
etc/rc                                  etc/rc.conf
sbin/dhclient                           sbin/isakmpd
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/amd64/pci                      sys/arch/i386/conf
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/i386/include
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/acpi
sys/dev/pci                             sys/dev/usb
sys/dev/wscons                          sys/kern
sys/net                                 sys/scsi
usr.bin/calendar                        usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/kdump                           usr.bin/login
usr.sbin                                usr.sbin/acpid
usr.sbin/acpidump                       usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/faithd                         usr.sbin/inetd

== bin =============================================================== 01/07 ==

pax

  ~ pax.1

  > - simplify usage
  > - rearrange examples
  > - layout tweaks
  > - minor macro, punctuation, etc. fixes
  > ok jmc (jaredy@)

  ~ pax.1

  > sort options (jaredy@)

  ~ options.c

  > add -O to getopt (ok otto) and sync usage (jaredy@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/07 ==

MAKEDEV.common

  ~ MAKEDEV.common

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

etc.cats/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.cats/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.hp300/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hp300/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.hppa/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hppa/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hppa64/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.mac68k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.mac68k/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.macppc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.macppc/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.mvme68k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.mvme68k/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.mvme88k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.mvme88k/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sparc/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.vax/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.vax/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.zaurus/MAKEDEV

  > Regen (tholo@)

login.conf

  ~ login.conf

  > double datasize limits now that mmap is counted in dsize (millert@)

mtree/4.4BSD.dist

  ~ mtree/4.4BSD.dist

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

mtree/special

  ~ mtree/special

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

rc

  ~ rc

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

rc.conf

  ~ rc.conf

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

dhclient

  ~ privsep.c

  > Make buf_add a no-op if length == 0. OK henning (cloder@)

isakmpd

  ~ isakmpd.8

  > expand the section on pki:
  > - list different methods available
  > - document key-based method
  > - move x509-based into its own section
  > - add keynote stub section
  > ok hshoexer@ (jmc@)

  ~ nat_traversal.c

  > unbreak port floating, noticed by sean at obstacle9 dot com
  > ok cloder (hshoexer@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  ~ man4/wsdisplay.4

  > Remove non-emulating wsdisplays - nothing uses them.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ man4/pty.4

  > fix Xref to self; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/pty.4

  > remove references to telnetd(8);
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

  ~ man9/vnsubr.9

  > tweaks, grammar, punctuation, typos
  > ok jmc (jaredy@)

  ~ man5/pf.conf.5

  > In the BNF section, remove one spurious "proto" and add one missing |.
  > Found by Magne Andreassen. (dhartmei@)

  ~ man8/man8.alpha/MAKEDEV.8             ~ man8/man8.amd64/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.cats/MAKEDEV.8              ~ man8/man8.hp300/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.hppa/MAKEDEV.8              ~ man8/man8.hppa64/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.i386/MAKEDEV.8              ~ man8/man8.luna88k/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.mac68k/MAKEDEV.8            ~ man8/man8.macppc/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.mvme68k/MAKEDEV.8           ~ man8/man8.mvme88k/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.sgi/MAKEDEV.8               ~ man8/man8.sparc/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.sparc64/MAKEDEV.8           ~ man8/man8.vax/MAKEDEV.8
  ~ man8/man8.zaurus/MAKEDEV.8

  > Regen (tholo@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

  ~ conf.c                                ~ machdep.c
  ~ mainbus.c                             + acpi_machdep.c

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.amd64

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ conf.h

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

arch/amd64/pci

  ~ iommu.c

  > - wish there was a better way to do this... put splhigh() around the
  > extent_* functions to ensure they stay consistent
  > - also remove some debugging crap (jason@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files.i386

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ conf.c                                ~ mainbus.c
  + acpi_machdep.c

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ conf.h

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > These options dont affect anything anymore. (drahn@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ iommu.c

  > allow for dma maps larger than 64 pages; jason@ ok (mickey@)

dev

  ~ audio.c

  > correctly close the audio device in audio_open() if one of the
  > precision parameters is zero.
  > ok tedu@ (joris@)

dev/acpi

  + acpi.c                                + acpireg.h
  + acpitimer.c                           + acpiutil.c
  + acpivar.h                             + files.acpi
  + hpet.c                                + hpetreg.h

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

dev/pci

  ~ pcivar.h

  > use much simpler switch for pci_machdep.h; ok drahn@ whatever tdr (;
  > (mickey@)

dev/usb

  ~ umass_quirks.c                        ~ usb_port.h

  > Eradicate USB quirks NOTUR and NODOORLOCK. Should no longer be
  > required and no actual users of the relevant devices found.
  > ok marco@ (krw@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wsdisplay.c                           ~ wskbd.c

  > Do not compile scrollback support if option SMALL_KERNEL.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ files.wscons                          ~ wsdisplay.c

  > Remove non-emulating wsdisplays - nothing uses them.
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

kern

  ~ kern_ktrace.c

  > for sysctl syscall pass the mib[] back to kdump to parse;
  > always print () on syscalls w/ void args even (deraadt version) (mickey@)

net

  ~ pf_if.c

  > tsc, ryan left debug crap behind (henning@)

scsi

  ~ scsi_base.c

  > Fix pasto - use correct pointer to extract block count from 8 byte
  > block descriptors. Not that we actually use this information anywhere.
  > (krw@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

calendar

  ~ calendars/calendar.openbsd

  > c2k5 (mickey@)

cvs

  ~ buf.c

  > revert cvs_noexec checks commit, requested by jfb at .sa@)

  ~ log.c                                 ~ logmsg.c

  > - set LP_ABORT log level when action is abored by user instead of LP_ERR
  > - missing \n in output of an unchanged log message warning
  > - always use the command name in error messages instead of aliases
  > ok jfb at .sa@)

  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ version.c

  > handle commands which do not have any init callback a bit
  > better, eliminates the use of dummy functions.
  > OK jfb@ (joris@)

  ~ entries.c                             ~ util.c

  > remove unneeded error reporting when using cvs_path_cat(), the
  > function does it for us.
  > OK jfb@ (joris@)

  ~ log.c

  > make cvs_printf() a bit smarter, so it can be called without having
  > to worry about the 'M' in server mode.
  > OK jfb@ (joris@)

  ~ version.c

  > be gone unused init handler. (joris@)

kdump

  ~ kdump.c

  > for sysctl syscall pass the mib[] back to kdump to parse;
  > always print () on syscalls w/ void args even (deraadt version) (mickey@)

login

  ~ login.1

  > remove references to telnetd(8);
  > ok deraadt@ (jmc@)

usr.sbin

  ~ Makefile

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

acpid

  + Makefile                              + acpi.h
  + acpid.8                               + main.c
  + pathnames.h                           + script.c
  + samples/Makefile                      + samples/power-button

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

acpidump

  + Makefile                              + acpi.c
  + acpi_user.c                           + acpidump.8
  + acpidump.c                            + acpidump.h
  + aml_dump.c                            + asl_dump.c
  + debug.h                               + aml/aml_amlmem.c
  + aml/aml_amlmem.h                      + aml/aml_common.c
  + aml/aml_common.h                      + aml/aml_env.h
  + aml/aml_evalobj.c                     + aml/aml_evalobj.h
  + aml/aml_memman.c                      + aml/aml_memman.h
  + aml/aml_name.c                        + aml/aml_name.h
  + aml/aml_obj.c                         + aml/aml_obj.h
  + aml/aml_parse.c                       + aml/aml_parse.h
  + aml/aml_region.h                      + aml/aml_status.h
  + aml/aml_store.c                       + aml/aml_store.h

  > Start on a basic ACPI framework -- does not do much more than read out the
  > ACPI tables into kernel memory and attach ACPI and HPET timers currently.
  > In order to test this code, enabling the devices in GENERIC as well as
  > the ACPI_ENABLE option is needed.  This code does not do any thermal
  > control yet, so this should be done with care depending on the platform.
  > In the tree so more people can contribute to making this more fully
  > featured.
  > Ok niklas@ grange@ tedu@ (tholo@)

bgpd

  ~ kroute.c

  > Cleanup recent kroute6 additions. OK henning (cloder@)

  ~ session.c

  > Use the correct pointer when printing out the error message. OK henning
  > (cloder@)

faithd

  ~ faithd.8

  > remove references to telnetd(8);