[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-06-29

ODC auto at squish.net
Thu Jun 30 08:00:25 BST 2005

distrib/sets                            etc/MAKEDEV.common
etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md
etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV                    etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md
lib/libc                                sbin/mount_nfs
share/man                               sys/arch/sparc64/include
sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64                sys/arch/vax/include
sys/arch/vax/vax                        sys/dev/cardbus
sys/dev/mii                             sys/dev/pci
sys/uvm                                 usr.bin/nohup
usr.bin/vmstat                          usr.sbin/bgpd
usr.sbin/pkg_add

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

  ~ lists/base/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/08 ==

MAKEDEV.common

  ~ MAKEDEV.common

  > add bio
  > prompted by deraadt@ and henning@, ok marco@ (todd@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV.md

  > add bio
  > prompted by deraadt@ and henning@, ok marco@ (todd@)

etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  > sync (todd@)

etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV.md

  > add bio
  > prompted by deraadt@ and henning@, ok marco@ (todd@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/08 ==

  ~ arch/amd64/Makefile.inc

  > cleanup KMSRC (copy to libkern) list from nonexistant srcs; also noticed
  > before by marc@ and drahn@ (mickey@)

  ~ Makefile

  > only include copy-to-libkern-* targets if making copy-to-libkern to avoid
  > zombie dependancies elsewhere (mickey@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

mount_nfs

  ~ mount_nfs.8

  > sort options (jaredy@)

  ~ mount_nfs.c

  > ignore (but still accept) -D and -L
  > (and other minor cleaning while here:
  > sync usage, whitespace, fix error messages)
  > ok millert (jaredy@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/lge.4

  > sort (brad@)

  ~ man8/man8.amd64/MAKEDEV.8             ~ man8/man8.i386/MAKEDEV.8

  > sync (todd@)

  ~ man4/ami.4

  > some more of the recent meatz (mickey@)

  ~ man4/bio.4

  > a few scetches on the new ioctls (mickey@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/sparc64/include

  ~ psl.h

  > remove v7/v8 stuff; from henric (deraadt@)

  ~ psl.h

  > one PSR_ variable stayed; from henric (deraadt@)

  ~ psl.h

  > some pendantic stuff from henric (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ ofw_machdep.c

  > handle larger interrupt maps; from henric (deraadt@)

arch/vax/include

  ~ pmap.h                                ~ vmparam.h

  > 40MB virtual address space in p0; start mmap's 8MB into the data segment
  > ok tdeval (deraadt@)

arch/vax/vax

  ~ pmap.c

  > 40MB virtual address space in p0; start mmap's 8MB into the data segment
  > ok tdeval (deraadt@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ com_cardbus.c

  > initialize timeouts needed by pccom (deraadt@)

dev/mii

  ~ brgphy.c

  > remove unused FreeBSD printf (brad@)

dev/pci

  ~ pci.c

  > rev 1.47
  > Make pci_get_capability() work correctly on both header type 0 and type 2
  > devices; both have different Capability List Pointer registers.
  > From NetBSD (brad@)

  ~ if_bge.c                              ~ if_bgereg.h

  > - sync bus_dma ops and add bus_dmamap_sync()'s
  > and
  > rev 1.25
  > *  bcm5700 chips rev Bx wedge up if given DMA descriptors of
  > eight bytes or less. Once hit, only reovery is a watchdog timeout/reset.
  > If the offending packet is retransmitted, the chip will wedge again...
  > Check for teeny fragments in a Tx request, and either fold the
  > teeny chunk residue into an adjacent mbuf, or m_dup the entire buffer.
  > From NetBSD
  > Tested on alpha/amd64/macppc by krw@ and ok krw@ (brad@)

  ~ pcivar.h

  > add some Power Management constants
  > From NetBSD (brad@)

  ~ if_bge.c

  > rev 1.25
  > * Add workaround for revision Bx bcm5700: chip bugs in decoding
  > of PCI register writes may leave the hardware in (partial) powersave state,
  > such that writes to "indirect" registers do not work.
  > Explicitly force chip into D0 state at attach time.
  > From NetBSD (brad@)

  ~ if_bge.c

  > volatile here (brad@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_map.c

  > on the vax, start mmap BRKSIZ (8MB) into data seg; ok tdeval (deraadt@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

nohup

  ~ nohup.1

  > make the description of this command (utility? ;) match the synopsis;
  > from lior kadosh; (jmc@)

vmstat

  ~ vmstat.8

  > - elaborate DESCRIPTION
  > - the -s flag dumps the uvmexp structure, not the sum structure
  > - add FILES
  > - mdoc macro/layout, punctuation, capitalization, etc. improvements
  > - update SEE ALSO
  > ok jmc (jaredy@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

  ~ bgpd.c                                ~ bgpd.conf.5
  ~ bgpd.h                                ~ name2id.c
  ~ parse.y                               ~ printconf.c
  ~ rde.c                                 ~ rde.h
  ~ rde_filter.c                          ~ rde_rib.c

  > rtlabel support via filter sets. Just use "set rtlabel foobar" in filters
  > network and neighbor statements and the routes are labeled accordingly.
  > While doing that fix some mem-leaks by introducing filterset_free() and
  > remove the free on send option of send_filterset().
  > This took a bit longer because we need to carefully track the rtlabel id
  > refcnts or bad things may happen on reloads.
  > henning@ looks fine (claudio@)

pkg_add

  ~ OpenBSD/Getopt.pm

  > make Getopt show full option name.