[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-03-06

ODC auto at squish.net
Mon Mar 7 07:00:45 GMT 2005

distrib/notes                           lib/libc
libexec/login_krb5                      sbin/pdisk
sbin/pfctl                              share/man
sys/arch/sparc/dev                      sys/arch/sparc64/dev
sys/dev/pcmcia                          sys/dev/sbus
sys/dev/usb                             sys/netinet6
sys/ufs/mfs                             usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/indent                          usr.sbin/eeprom
usr.sbin/ntpd                           usr.sbin/ppp
usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

  ~ amd64/hardware                        ~ i386/hardware
  ~ sparc/hardware                        ~ sparc64/hardware

  > Let people who don't read zaurus.html know about some of the CF wi(4)
  > devices we support. (jsg@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/08 ==

  ~ time/asctime.c

  > Always remember to check snprintf return value for -1.
  > OK hshoexer, jsg, otto, krw (cloder@)

  ~ net/res_debug.c

  > correct snprintf return value checks, where the wrong ptr
  > was used for calculating the buffer size.
  > ok tedu@ cloder@ (moritz@)

== libexec =========================================================== 03/08 ==

login_krb5

  ~ login_krb5.8                          ~ login_krb5.c

  > don't use invokinguser if its empty
  > sync man page with reality
  > spelling corrected by jmc@, ok beck@ (biorn@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

pdisk

  ~ pdisk.c

  > Check strdup return value for failure.  OK miod (cloder@)

pfctl

  ~ parse.y                               ~ pfctl.c

  > print "set skip on" with -v in such a way that the output is valid input
  > syntax, instead of the cryptic hex flags output. (dhartmei@)

  ~ parse.y

  > allow commas in the hfsc service curve spec, inconsistency pointed out in
  > PR4134 / geoff at collyer.netd a longer mail exhcange with han boetes
  > (henning@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  ~ man4/wi.4tbl

  > Let people who don't read zaurus.html know about some of the CF wi(4)
  > devices we support. (jsg@)

  ~ man4/man4.sparc64/cgthree.4

  > iron out two inconistencies on how to change resolution from the PROM
  > ok miod@ (martin@)

  ~ man4/man4.sparc/mgx.4                 ~ man4/man4.sparc64/mgx.4

  > Document how to force a specific resolution, when not using a Sun monitor.
  > (miod@)

  ~ man4/an.4                             ~ man4/ath.4
  ~ man4/atu.4                            ~ man4/atw.4
  ~ man4/awi.4                            ~ man4/ipw.4
  ~ man4/iwi.4                            ~ man4/ral.4
  ~ man4/ray.4                            ~ man4/rtw.4
  ~ man4/wi.4tbl

  > wireless makeover:
  > - standardise 802.11 pages
  > - document modes supported by the card
  > - document wep
  > - document relevant ifconfig(8) options
  > - standard EXAMPLES section
  > - standard SEE ALSO section
  > - standard HARDWARE section
  > includes feedback/diffs from reyk@, jsg@, and damien@;
  > joint work from dlg@ and myself; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.sparc/mgx.4                 ~ man4/man4.sparc64/mgx.4

  > DIP switches can be tricky to find
  > ok miod@ (martin@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

arch/sparc/dev

  ~ z8530kbd.c

  > Shorten dmesg if no keyboard is plugged. (miod@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ comkbd_ebus.c                         ~ z8530kbd.c

  > Shorten dmesg if no keyboard is plugged. (miod@)

dev/pcmcia

  ~ pcmciadevs

  > I-O DATA WN-B11/CFZ (jsg@)

  ~ pcmciadevs.h

  > regen (jsg@)

  ~ if_wi_pcmcia.c

  > Untested support for I-O DATA WN-B11/CFZ.
  > Documentation to follow if I get a report of it working. (jsg@)

dev/sbus

  ~ vigra.c

  > Missing argument to printf(); pat@ (miod@)

dev/usb

  ~ ohci.c                                ~ ehci.c

  > In [eo]hci_waitintr, xfer->timeout is in ms, not hz.
  > ok dlg@ (pascoe@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > Fix incorrect comment about interrupt threshold control level.
  > ok dlg@ (pascoe@)

  ~ ohci.c

  > ohci_rhsc_enable calls usb_transfer_complete via ohci_rhsc - we need to be
  > at splusb, not splsoftclock.
  > ok dlg@ (pascoe@)

  ~ ohci.c

  > Wait for the bulk transfer to complete before returning if we are in polled
  > mode.
  > ok dlg@ (pascoe@)

netinet6

  ~ ip6_input.c

  > move pf_test6() call slightly up, so pf gets called for incoming packets
  > on loopback interfaces, and IPv6 behaves like IPv4 in this regard. only
  > affects packets on loopback. ok itojun@ (dhartmei@)

ufs/mfs

  ~ mfs_vnops.c

  > Use V_SAVE instead of hardcoding it, no binary change. (pedro@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  ~ cvs.1

  > first bits of `cvs admin' documentation; help/ok jmc, ok joris; (xsa@)

  ~ cvs.c                                 ~ cvs.h
  ~ cvs/Makefile                          + admin.c

  > initial support for the admin command. Not all options are working yet.
  > ok xsa@ jfb@ (joris@)

  ~ cvs.1

  > .OP -> .Op; (jmc@)

indent

  ~ lexi.c

  > Fix realloc bug introduce in rev 1.10 and do some minor cleanup.
  > OK henning@ and tdeval@ (millert@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

eeprom

  ~ ophandlers.c

  > Filter openprom environment strings with strnvis(); ok deraadt@ krw@
  > (miod@)

ntpd

  ~ imsg.c

  > fix error message, Benedikt Steinbusch <bsteinb at hamazone.dehenning@)

ppp

  ~ ppp/slcompress.c

  > Use correct byte order when logging port numbers.
  > OK tdeval, markus (cloder@)

tcpdump

  ~ privsep.c                             ~ privsep.h
  ~ privsep_pcap.c                        ~ tcpdump.8
  ~ tcpdump.c

  > add support for multiple DLTs using the -L and -y options.
  > ok canacar@ (reyk@)

  ~ tcpdump.8                             ~ tcpdump.c

  > uppercase takes precedence over lower when sorting options; (jmc@)

  ~ tcpdump.8