[odc] Daily src changes for 2005-03-08

ODC auto at squish.net
Wed Mar 9 07:00:36 GMT 2005

distrib/miniroot                        distrib/notes
distrib/sets                            etc/etc.hp300/Makefile.inc
lib/libc                                lib/libutil
libexec/ld.so                           libexec/login_tis
regress/lib                             share/man
sys/arch/alpha/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/arm/conf                       sys/arch/arm/xscale
sys/arch/cats/conf                      sys/arch/hp300/compile
sys/arch/hp300/conf                     sys/arch/hppa/conf
sys/arch/i386/conf                      sys/arch/luna88k/conf
sys/arch/m68k/conf                      sys/arch/mac68k/conf
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/mvme68k/conf
sys/arch/mvme88k/conf                   sys/arch/mvmeppc/conf
sys/arch/powerpc/conf                   sys/arch/sgi/conf
sys/arch/sparc/conf                     sys/arch/sparc64/conf
sys/arch/vax/conf                       sys/arch/vax/dec
sys/arch/vax/qbus                       sys/arch/zaurus/dev
sys/compat/bsdos                        sys/conf
sys/dev/atapiscsi                       sys/dev/cardbus
sys/dev/dec                             sys/dev/gpio
sys/dev/i2c                             sys/dev/isa
sys/dev/microcode                       sys/dev/mii
sys/dev/ofw                             sys/dev/pci
sys/dev/pckbc                           sys/dev/pcmcia
sys/dev/rasops                          sys/dev/sbus
sys/dev/tc                              sys/dev/usb
sys/dev/wscons                          sys/net80211
sys/ntfs                                sys/scsi
usr.bin/asn1_compile                    usr.bin/checknr
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/expand
usr.bin/fmt                             usr.bin/ssh
usr.sbin/ntpd                           usr.sbin/ospfd
usr.sbin/tcpdump

== distrib =========================================================== 01/09 ==

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > ask about ntpd(8) in install script; ok krw henning
  > this is pending an improvement from henning to ntpd to make it utterly
  > silent during startup. (deraadt@)

  ~ install.sub

  > append to rc.conf.local; david (deraadt@)

notes

  ~ amd64/hardware                        ~ hppa/hardware
  ~ i386/hardware                         ~ sparc/hardware
  ~ sparc64/hardware

  > Update with recent wireless driver/device additions. (jsg@)

  ~ hp300/contents

  > Kill hp300 DISKLESS kernel, not worth using against GENERIC for diskless
  > systems since it still has all the filesystems for vnd usage and thus
  > does not save much memory...
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

  ~ i386/hardware

  > Some more ral(4) devices that will likely work.
  > From http://ralink.rapla.net/ (jsg@)

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.zaurus

  ~ lists/base/md.cats                    ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.macppc
  ~ lists/base/md.mvmeppc                 ~ lists/base/md.sgi
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/md.zaurus

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/09 ==

etc.hp300/Makefile.inc

  ~ etc.hp300/Makefile.inc

  > Kill hp300 DISKLESS kernel, not worth using against GENERIC for diskless
  > systems since it still has all the filesystems for vnd usage and thus
  > does not save much memory...
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/09 ==

  ~ gen/setproctitle.c

  > handle snprintf() returning -1.
  > ok cloder@ henning@ hshoexer@ (moritz@)

  ~ gen/syslog.c

  > handle snprintf() returning -1.
  > ok cloder@ henning@ hshoexer@ (moritz@)

  ~ stdio/local.h

  > fix typo in comment. (moritz@)

  ~ net/rcmd.c

  > do not trash errno before using it, do not pass garbage args to getnameinfo
  > ok henning andrushock at korovino.neteraadt@)

libutil

  ~ fmt_scaled.c

  > Fix sizing of fraction. ok tom@ deraadt@ (otto@)

== libexec =========================================================== 04/09 ==

ld.so

  ~ dlfcn.c

  > Do not shadow a parameter with a local variable. also add a debug statement
  > to print dependandant libraries loaded by dlopen ok kurt@ (drahn@)

login_tis

  ~ login_tis.c

  > Sweeping the tree for printf(s) where printf("%s",s) should be used.
  > OK millert (cloder@)

== regress =========================================================== 05/09 ==

lib

  ~ libutil/fmt_scaled/fmt_test.c

  > Some more real-life regression cases. (otto@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  ~ man4/atu.4

  > list all the devices the driver recognises now
  > ok jmc@ (dlg@)

  ~ man4/atu.4

  > deraadt kindly pointed out i had forgotten to list the new firmwares.
  > ok jmc@ (dlg@)

  ~ man4/atu.4

  > mention that it is USB in the tag line (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/rln.4

  > fix Nd line (deraadt@)

  ~ man4/ral.4

  > Some more ral(4) devices that will likely work.
  > From http://ralink.rapla.net/ (jsg@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

arch/alpha/conf

  ~ files.alpha

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ files.amd64

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/arm/conf

  ~ files.arm

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/arm/xscale

  ~ files.pxa2x0

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

  ~ pxa2x0_pcic.c

  > Enable or disable CF sockets at appropriate times, but be sure to
  > enable socket 0 power via GPIO.  Socket 1 can be ignored for now.
  > Initial diff, testing, and ok drahn at .we@)

arch/cats/conf

  ~ files.cats

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/hp300/compile

  ~ .cvsignore

  > Kill hp300 DISKLESS kernel, not worth using against GENERIC for diskless
  > systems since it still has all the filesystems for vnd usage and thus
  > does not save much memory...
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/hp300/conf

  ~ files.hp300

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

  - DISKLESS

  > Kill hp300 DISKLESS kernel, not worth using against GENERIC for diskless
  > systems since it still has all the filesystems for vnd usage and thus
  > does not save much memory...
  > ok deraadt@ (miod@)

arch/hppa/conf

  ~ files.hppa

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/i386/conf

  ~ files.i386

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/luna88k/conf

  ~ files.luna88k

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/m68k/conf

  ~ files.m68k

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/mac68k/conf

  ~ files.mac68k

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ files.macppc

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/mvme68k/conf

  ~ files.mvme68k

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/mvme88k/conf

  ~ files.mvme88k

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/mvmeppc/conf

  ~ files.mvmeppc

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/powerpc/conf

  ~ files.powerpc

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/sgi/conf

  ~ files.sgi

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/sparc/conf

  ~ files.sparc

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/sparc64/conf

  ~ files.sparc64

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/vax/conf

  ~ files.vax

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/vax/dec

  ~ files.dec

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/vax/qbus

  ~ files.uba

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

arch/zaurus/dev

  ~ zaurus_scoopreg.h                     ~ zaurus_scoop.c

  > Oops.  Put scoop GPIO pins into correct state on suspend, and remove an
  > unnecessary function while there.
  > ok drahn@ (uwe@)

compat/bsdos

  ~ files.bsdos

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

conf

  ~ files

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/atapiscsi

  ~ files.atapiscsi

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/cardbus

  ~ files.cardbus

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/dec

  ~ files.dec

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/gpio

  ~ files.gpio

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/i2c

  ~ files.i2c

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/isa

  ~ files.isa                             ~ files.isapnp

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/microcode

  ~ atmel/build.c                         ~ atmel/Makefile

  > make and install some extra firmwares
  > "just do it" deraadt@ (dlg@)

  ~ atmel/build.c                         ~ atmel/Makefile

  > fix a typo (dlg@)

dev/mii

  ~ files.mii

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/ofw

  ~ files.ofw

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/pci

  ~ files.pci

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/pckbc

  ~ files.pckbc

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/pcmcia

  ~ files.pcmcia

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/rasops

  ~ files.rasops

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/sbus

  ~ files.sbus

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

  ~ cgsix.c                               ~ cs4231.c
  ~ sbusvar.h                             ~ vigra.c

  > When failing to register an interrupt, display the correct priority on
  > sparc64.
  > ok cloder@ martin@ (miod@)

  ~ magma.c

  > also display the correct priority on sparc64 when failing to register
  > an interrupt
  > ok miod@ deraadt@ (martin@)

dev/tc

  ~ files.tc

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/usb

  ~ ehci.c

  > From FreeBSD rev1.30:
  > - always initialise the pipe multiplier to a valid value
  > - do not unchain the the interrupt QHs immediately after initialisation
  > ok dlg@ (pascoe@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > Initialise the alternate next pointer in the queue head with EHCI_NULL, not
  > zero. The host controller should, in theory, never follow this pointer, but
  > it is a minor spec violation.
  > ok dlg@ (pascoe@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > add (lots of) extra devices for atu found in a linux driver
  > ok jsg@ (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c

  > lots of new devices found in a linux driver (dlg@)

  > regen (dlg@)

  > regen (dlg@)

  ~ usbdevs

  > even more atu (dlg@)

  ~ if_atu.c                              ~ if_atureg.h

  > add support for the new firmwares and the devices that use them (dlg@)

  ~ ehci.c

  > only print if we hit the via quirk timeout when debugging
  > ok pascoe@ (dlg@)

  ~ files.usb

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

dev/wscons

  ~ files.wscons

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

net80211

  ~ ieee80211_input.c

  > make this compile (mickey@)

ntfs

  ~ ntfs_subr.c                           ~ ntfs_vfsops.c
  ~ ntfs_vnops.c

  > fix a page fault that occurs when a reclaimed vnode is then reused.
  > from FreeBSD
  > ok pedro tedu miod, tested by millert and myself (pat@)

scsi

  ~ files.scsi

  > Cosmetics...
  > Mainly remove space between locators parens, replace spaces with tabs
  > where appropriate and consistently align dependencies. (tdeval@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

asn1_compile

  ~ gen.c

  > Always check string allocation for failure.  From Bruno Rohee, thanks.
  > (cloder@)

checknr

  ~ checknr.c

  > Sweeping the tree for printf(s) where printf("%s",s) should be used.
  > This is a regression introduced during conversion from perror(3) to err(3)
  > OK mickey@ (cloder@)

cvs

  ~ admin.c

  > don't forget to send options to the server when they are specified.
  > ok jfb@ (joris@)

  ~ cvs.c

  > make cvs_findcmd() and cvs_read_rcfile() static.
  > ok xsa@, jfb@ (joris@)

expand

  ~ expand.c

  > Sweeping the tree for printf(s) where printf("%s",s) should be used.
  > This is a regression introduced during conversion from perror(3) to err(3)
  > (cloder@)

fmt

  ~ fmt.c

  > weeping the tree for printf(s) where printf("%s",s) should be used.
  > This is a regression introduced during conversion from perror(3) to err(3)
  > OK mickey@ (cloder@)

ssh

  ~ version.h

  > OpenSSH 4.0 (djm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 09/09 ==

ntpd

  ~ client.c

  > let client_query return 0 if it requested dns resolution (henning@)

  ~ ntpd.c

  > from the "shut the fuck up, ntpd" department:
  > move log_debug call to tell about skipping the settime due to lack of
  > answers down slightly below the 2nd (and final) log_init call so it becomes
  > a -d only thing. tested by dlg and me (henning@)

  ~ ntp.c

  > missing break spotted by lint (deraadt@)

  ~ config.c

  > from the "shut the fuck up, ntpd" department:
  > don't whine about temporary dns errors (henning@)

  ~ ntp.c

  > knf (deraadt@)

  ~ ntp.c

  > when trying short-circuit the wait for the first reply for -s, only
  > do so when
  > -we tried to send at least one query (that is the change)
  > -we could not send ou a single one without failure (this was already in
  > place but catched too much)
  > problem independently noticed by nick and danh, ok mickey danh, testing by
  > many (henning@)

ospfd

  ~ ospfd.c                               ~ ospfd.h
  ~ rde.c                                 ~ rde.h
  ~ rde_spf.c

  > Remove no longer valid route entries.
  > ok claudio@ (norby@)

tcpdump